• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Fast and the Furious Franchise

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
[youtube]bKH0oTfbGTw[/youtube]​

As seen during the Superbowl (for most people) it looks like they're remaking the original, as it isn't being called "4" yet it's obviously taking place well after the first 3.

I have to admit, outside of the first movie, I really and truly thought the rest of the movies were complete shit. I'm at least happy to see the main, original, cast returning for this one. That alone makes me excited to see it.

Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez, and Jordana Brewster.

I'm not sure what the plot would be, but in movies like these does it truly matter? The biggest majority of people who'll flock to see this movie will only do so because of what types of cars will be used in it.

I'm pretty sure they could've filled the plot with both guys sitting in a parking lot just randomly talking about nothing. As long as the camera kept panning out to a different car every 15 minutes the majority of the audience would be happy.

What are everyone's thoughts on this up-coming movie, set for release apparently this April? Will you be going to see it, will you even want to see it? What are your thoughts on the Fast and the Furious movies as a whole?

they're remaking the original,

This isn't a remake, it's another sequel, that takes place after the second one ,and from what I heard, it shows how Han in the 3rd one meets Dom and all that too. So it's a sequel/prequel sort of

It has to be better than the second and third. Vin Diesel made the first one plain and simple. He has to have the right script and kind of movie to make it work and that was was it. the cars were cool, the women were hot, and the soundtrack rocked. it wasn't exactly Gone With the Wind but it worked. There was just something fun about it that made it cool to watch. Putting the cast back together is the best thing that can happen to it. Maybe they'll click again.

I loved the first one, liked the second, and refuse to see the third (anything with Bow Wow in it I refuse to see out of principle).

I am really looking forward to the upcoming one (is there anything in Tokyo Drift that even hinted at the characters in the first and second parts of this franchise?).

On another note, why does everyone hate the second? The only thing that the second one lacked (relative to the first one) was a decent storyline. However, as someone said earlier in this thread, people don't go to see these films primarily for their plots. Just like the first, 2 Fast 2 Furious had awesome action sequences.

Eh......I actually REALLY like the first two movies in the franchise, but the third installment was just ******ed on so many levels. Tokyo Drift left a really bad taste in my mouth, and the director of TD is returning for the new film, so I'm not expecting anything better. After seeing the trailer for F&F I'm not the least bit excited. The CGI effects looked terrible from what I could see and the plot sounds the same as the other movies. But I'll still give it a shot, just because I love the first two installments.

I am glad they are sort of rebooting the movies. The first one was actually an incredibly good movie about cars that look like hot wheels. The second one wasn't that good, and had a poor storyline and horrid ending that made me think it was made in the 80s. The third was lame, but fit in with popular culture of the time. Hopefully the 4th returns to the glory of the first one where we get to see tough guys in fast cars.

I was a big fan of the 1st movie. The clique (Dom, Letty, Mia, Leon, Jesse, Vince) is what made me like the movie so much because I was able to relate with thim with my group of friends. The second one was O.K. but I haven't seen the third (and have no desire to). I'm pumped to see the originals back together again. Also, Since the first movie Paul Walker has matured as an actor. I cannot wait to see it.

I hated every single one but unfortunately ended up watching ever single one because my friends have automobile fetishes. They're willing to good spend money on a movie devoid of anything close to compelling cinema just to see a bunch of suped up pieces of tin. And then I saw the trailer in a theatre and my one friend says "God, we have to see that movie" and then I just felt like ending my life right after the movie we were watching by stepping out onto oncoming traffic.

I honestly haven't liked Vin in anything he's ever done and well Paul Walker again hasn't done anything of worth but yet they continue to get work. But the problem I have is that when you have implausible stunts coupled with implausible storylines then the actors and the filmmakers must treat the film with a sense of fun and the realization of the campy cheesy film that it is. unfortunately all of the films so far were treated way too seriously by all involved and were devoid of true fun because they treated it as a serious film rather then camping it up and having fun with the material instead nothing comes off entirely memorable and the lines instead of being played for laughs or played with tongue firmly planted in cheek just end up coming off as forgettable, cold and charmless.

The reason why 80s action movies are still remembered fondly today is because the gave into camp and the cheekiness of it all by over exaggerating the violence and embellishing the dialogue, whereas the FATF movies act as if they're making serious cinema thus draining the fun out of the films and I don't see that ethos changing a bit with this new film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back