• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The End of 'Z! True Long Island Story'?

Matth3w

I Heart Shania Twain
Yes, another Ryder thread.

I've been thinking over the past couple of weeks now about Zacks show. He is majorly over now, no question about it. Is he at the peak of his popularity? Maybe. The fans love him, and the wrestlers love him.

However, what's going to happen to Zack when he decides to end his YouTube show; and when will he end his YouTube show? Are the fans going to start booing him? Is he going to turn heel when he ends his show?

Personally, I think he should end it at episode #52 (currently at episode #43) - the 1 year anniversary of the show. It should be a 'thank you and farewell' highlight type of show. He's now cemented in the mid card, tons and tons of merch available, and obviously, not at risk of being released like he was back in episode 1. The fans should be greatful with 52 episodes of Zack Ryder (I know I would be); however, there's probably some small amount of fans who will boo him for this reason. But let's be honest, who can see Zack in 10 years saying "Welcome everyone to episode 468 of Z! True Long Island Story."? He's probably running out of ideas even now.

So Ryder fans, or Wrestlezone peeps in general - how much longer should Zack do his show? And how will it affect his popularity when it ends?

I was thinking of this a few days ago when WWE.com did an article on a "New talk show" to take over WWE television. It wouldn't be too unbelievable if Zack Ryder were to take the show from a Youtube Sketch Comedy show to a WWE televised talk show. I honestly could see that being as big as the Highlight reel.

As for the show itself, I've said it before and I'll say it again.. I'm not really a fan of it, never was. But I was a fan of how Ryder went out and proved to the world that he was in fact able to draw in merchandise and numbers from the "Zack Pack" and put himself on television. I mean here's a guy who literally was moments away from the Laurinaitis treatment, and out of nowhere, made sure that he still had a job in the next few months... I give him major props for that.

Wasnt a few months back he talking about "moving" his show? maybe it will be to wwe.com or the new network. However i dont see the show going much longer. Again maybe a 50th Episode to end it

When Zack Ryder started this whole internet show; there was one purpose and one purpose only. To prove a point to the WWE and the big guys in the back. With the Broski now solidly in the US title picture? I feel as if it's safe to say that he's accomplished that mission. But nobody can deny the amount of attention even one of those videos received and I feel it would be worth giving him some sort of show on regular television. Whether they give it the same name or theme? That we can only guess. Personally? I feel that maybe he should start hinting about a move. Let people know; lay the egg. Then around the big number fifty two? End it. Tell the fans to catch him on Monday Night Raw and that's that. Even if somebody somehow ruins it, people will still tune in, no matter what.

I believe episode 52 will be the last the 1 yr anniversary he can come on with higlights from where he was in ep 1 to where he is now and thank the fans and then say fairwell because he proved his points to wwe.. He can draw money he can sell merchandise he can main event an he can win titles

I seem to remember him saying in an interview a month or two ago that he was running short of ideas even then, and that he wouldn't keep the show up and running forever. Ending it at episode 52 makes sense as just a nod to his fans, but I'm sure certain things like the Broski of the Week, Are You Serious Bro Tweet of the Week and such could be kept running as a part of this WWE talkshow. Just a small segment with Zack Ryder inbetween guests, or something to that effect.

Well it does need to end one day but the problem you get with this is he is so over with those fans who watch his Youtube show that Ryder needs to not risk these people turning on him by like saying "Feels like we got him over now he has abandoned us" Ryder needs to do it in smart way like stop doing it weekly and do monthly specials which would be a good idea so those fans still feel like Ryder cares that they got him over.

For me Ryder could end it today and i wouldn't feel the need to be mad at Ryder but there could be some who would feel this way so WWE and Ryder need to let go of the show carefully to not risk anything.

When Ryder gets on TV and starts doing his own promos more often, then that'd be a good time to end the show as he will need to save the good humour and good stories for TV. Didn't Miz and Morrison take their show from online to TV when they got more popular too? So i can't see a problem in that sort of thing happening

I think that Ryder will continue to do his show in his spare time. He should try to please both sides of his fanbase. There are his wrestling fans, and then he has fans of the show who might not watch him on Raw. It would be in his best interest to try to please both groups of fans. Obviously his in ring career would take priority if a choice had to be made, and if he shut down his show I think a lot of people would be disappointed. I think that it wouldn't end his push though because his popularity among WWE's fans would still be there. He should keep doing the show if possible.

When it ends, it shouldn't get a major backlash. I mean he would still have his Twitter and Facebook (like the rest of the roster) but he would still have the followers/fans in numbers that other don't so that wouldn't be a bother in my view.

He is now over, isn't going to be released tomorrow and is getting plenty of TV time and has a valued place on the RAW roster. I see him getting the US title either at the TLC PPV or leading up to the Rumble and perhaps that could be the end, with him handing the Internet Championship to someone else...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back