The ECW GM Situation

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Whilst all the attention is on the Raw GM situation, there's one that has been missing in recent discussions, it is that of the ECW GM. Tiffany is still referred to as the 'interim GM of ECW' they remind us of this every week, they don't want her as GM. So how should be GM?

The obvious ones will be thrown out by you guys, the liked of Dreamer and Regal, but I'll let you discuss that.

For me I would say a perfect choice for GM would be non other than a Mr Gregory Helms. Just think of it for a little while, Helms is golden on the mic, he can be pretty over, and is a decent face. That's all great, but then you take into his (shhhh) super heroing exploits. Could you imagine how great it would be to have Helms as GM, whilst you have Hurricance wrestling as a superhero?! I would love that.

Anyways what would you guys like to see?

Dreamer and the age of extreme returning?
Regal and the dating game?
Ron Simmons? DAMN!
Tiffany just staying in her role?
Abraham Washington? :lmao:

Or someone else?

Personally I don't think ECW really needs a GM. The show is only an hour long, what's really the point of a GM? Why can't a brand/promotion simply have a behind-the-scenes booker? Worked for years before and can work again.

Tiffany is just awful. She contributes absolutely nothing to ECW. It would be one thing if she were atleast a character (face or heel) but instead she's just bland eye candy that no one takes seriously at all.

They really should just go without a GM. We don't need to waste precious minutes of that one hour on a GM setting up matches. That's time that could be given to some of the rising stars ECW is trying to showcase.

They really dont need one. Still, my numberone choice would be Paul Heyman, but... yeah...

Abraham Washington. I loved his debut tonight, and if the crowd would just give him a chance, he can really get over, because of how entertaining he can be on the mic, while Tiffany is just boring. I have had enough of her trying to act in charge, then being undermined by other superstars (see Jack Swagger). But yeah, Honest Abes gonna have a weekly segment anyway, so why not? He's got talent.

I think Helms as GM, and the Hurricane as a wrestler would be pretty interesting. But it would get old fast, much like Hogan as Mr America. Remember when that got killed off after 3 weeks?

At this point I see Tiffany just staying in her role as the best option, they dont need to really bother with changing anything on ECW at this point as far as the GM goes, they should focus more on using the talent they have better, because the Main Event Tag Match tonight, was crap.

I think well see Teddy Long moved to Raw shorty to take over as GM there. So there will be a lot of different shifts that take place over the next few months

Heres an update: I just learned that Abraham Washington was the GM of FCW, WWE's dev territory so...

Hmm...I like the idea of Helms as the GM, but I much prefer he sticks to his in-ring exploits, and backstage segments. I love the gimmick, but oversaturating the show with him can't be a good thing.

I don't want to see Regal do it, because I didn't think he was all that good as RAW GM. An angle that may be interesting, however, is to give him the spot, and let him use it to push Burchill, since he's English and all.

If they stick with status quo, I'd be OK with it. Tiffany may not be much of a personality, but she's not bad eye candy, and she at least doesn't fuck up.

How about Dusty Rhodes? Dusty makes sense since both of his sons are in the WWE at the moment. Dusty is known by literally everyone in the WWE universe. Wouldn't mind seeing Cody going to ECW, and his father making him pay his "dues". Causing Dustin to outlash at his father as well, for showing more attention to Cody. Dustin could say that he lived his whole career molded out of his father's legacy, and it failed him. Saying that the Golddust character was out of respect to his father's "StarDust".

Causing both Cody, and Dustin to turn on their father. Thats when Jesse comes in and comes to the rescue of Dusty Rhodes. In many ways I see many similarities between Dusty/Jesse both character and charisma. Jesse has that common man feel to him.

I think Tiffany is perfectly fine in her role right now. She looks good, and she does her job, which is announcing matches and acting important backstage.

I see Abraham Washington possibly becoming a GM in the far, far future. He has mounds of potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back