• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dudebusters: The Next Edge & Christian?

We shy worth hair
n I look at The Dudebusters, I think of a modern version of Edge & Christian — not necessarily a PG Era version, since much of what E&C did during the Attitude Era could have taken place now. They were pretty kid friendly, I think. Kids like kazoos.

What do kids like these days? Video games. What do The Dudebusters bill themselves as specializing in? Video games.

It might sound silly, but so were Edge & Christian, yet they still went on to have arguably the greatest tag team rivalry in the history of professional wrestling.

Presently, Croft and Beretta do show some pretty strong wrestling ability. More than Edge and Christian? I definitely can't say for sure, though they have certainly impressed me in their matches with The Hart Dynasty on Superstars recently.

Starting young in a tag team is possibly one of the best ways to build a reputation for yourself. Since you work with someone else, you have someone else who can make up for your flaws.

That might be counterproductive to one day becoming a singles competitor, but if two wrestlers mesh so that they each make up for the other's flaws perfectly, they can be marketed magnificently.

Could The Dudebusters be the next Edge and Christian?

Personally for me it's No. I don't think they lack the ability, they have shown promise. However, even with the WWE apparently putting more effort towards its tag team division, what ultimately made Edge and Christian was their feud with The Dudleys and The Hardys, in which they became legendary for TLC and ladder matches.

I don't think there could possibly be such an opportunity today. The Hart Dynasty and The Usos look like good competition to feud with, but I doubt they'd be able to produce anything as monumental as what took place during the E&C time.

I agree that they wont be the next E&C, as i just dont see the Dudebusters being allowed to win multiple tag titles. Why? WWE cant book tag teams, but thats something else.
The Dudebusters do show lots of promise, the only real time I saw them on the Mic, I was really impressed, they were fluid, they spoke like a natural, mostly they were humorous. All of which E&C were. In-ring, there pretty exciting, although just not on the level of E&C, but that can be worked on. For them to develop they need air time on SMACKDOWN, the last time they were on Smackdown was when they were helping Rosa skip rope?. I really like the team, and if they improve their game, I can actually see them being champions pretty soon, and maybe they will prove me wrong and be like the next E&C, and hey, they might end up being better?

Nope. Not the next E and C. And, since I'm really lazy right now, I'm going to tell you the stupid reason why, because E and C were my favourite tag-team and NOBODY can replace them. (for me) This is like asking if anyone can replace HBK. The answer from most people will be no, no one can replace HBK. ;)

I'll add a logical reason later.

No. Just no.

There's one difference between The Dudebusters and E+C. E+C were both charismatic sons of guns. The Dudebusters, not so much.

So yeah, they aren't the next E+C, MCMH, Londrick, Rockers or any other successful tag team made up of two midgets, on the grounds that they aren't very good and are about as charismatic as the WGTT.

I say no, simply because E+C were made not only by their skill set, but by their competition as well.
As others have stated, E+C won numerous tag titles and had great rivalries with the Hardyz and Dudleys. Those rivalries, along with adding other tag teams like the APA, Too Cool and even Kaientai (....indeed!) in the mix, helped get E+C over as the top dogs in a very tough division.
For The Dudebusters, the teams are there. Hart Dynasty, Usos, Vladtino Kosarella, Hawkins + Archer, plus whichever two mid-card muppets they decide to throw together for any given PPV. If these teams were given the opportunity to shine frequently, then it might happen. But there is no emphasis on tag teams. They are viewed as nothing more than a stop gap.
Until that changes, you might as well have the Bushwhackers debate the Headbangers about quantum physics, such is the relevance WWE has given the tag team division.

I'd like to say yes because I'm a big fan of the guys, and I think they could be successful, as their promos connect with the fans. That said, in agreement with others with the fact E&C had fantastic competition to make them what they were. I see what you mean though, they have vaguely similar styles in which comparisions can be drawn, but I'd have to say that at the end of the day, they probably won't be the next Edge and Christian.

They have a better chance of being the next Hass& Benjamin and E+C. Its nothing to do with them not being talented, but the fact that Tag-team wrestling has been killed by WWE.Even with its brief revival after the unified tag-titles thing, tag-teams have been relegated back to obscurity after MizShow lost to Dynasty.

There will never be another team like Edge and Christian, so to compare the Dudebusters to them is a bit outrageous and a stretch in my mind. However I won't give up hope yet on the Dudebusters. Yes the E ain't so great at booking tag teams and the Dudebusters are hit or miss with wins and losses. Lets not forget though that prior to winning the tag titles the Hart Dynasty was hit or miss and wasn't on that great of a hot streak. But once Bret started backing them they picked up some momentum and now look, they are tag champs. If the bookers can't get behind the Dudebusters there is hope for them to capture the gold. They are decent in the ring and not half bad on the mic. I'm not gonna give up hope, but I certainly can't see them being the next Edge and Christian. I do think a title reign or two could be had if they can get some help from lady mo.

Watch WWE Superstars they had a match with Archer and Hawkins they actually kept me entertained it was a good back and forth match as well. Now to the whole E&C thing, if and this is a big IF WWE decides to something with the tag titles maybe a new feud with any two teams while developing the dudebusters some more. I think teenagers and younger fans would fall in love with these guys right now they are just a poor mans version of E&C since they are only on superstars.

no

one reason: wwe dont push tag teams like they should. only reason they have tag team titles is because some of the wrestlers need to be pushed and having titles gives the team a little credibilty. take the hart dyansty only reason they pushed them so big is because bret hart is back. neither of them have talent. the dudebusters is the same way i havent seen them wrestle on smackdown yet. they werent that entertaining on ecw when they had tv time and now im surprised they havent been released yet

Since dudebusters are one of the very few tag teams WWE actually has, they should be pushed. why are they having tag team matches on smackdown with 4 singles wrestlers instead of the real tag teams? they will be drafted apart and eventually let go. wwe does not know how to use REAL tag teams anymore these days.

Nope, like everyone before me said. They just don't have the charisma that E&C had, I haven't seen a tag team on par with them since... them. As for everyone saying they need to push "real" tag teams. I say why? If you have the option of putting the Dudebusters or a JeriShow type tyag team on a PPV I go JeriShow every time. WWE doesn't have any tag teams that are worth a shit so I'll take the thrown together teams all day. AT least seeing a thrown together team can be interesting, which is way more than I can say for the Dudebusters.

Edge and Christian are my favourite tag team of all time (or at least in the attituide era) and no the Dudebusters aren't even close in my opinion. E&C have won multiple big time matches (All the TLC Matches) and multiple tag titles. Also back when E&C were a team, the tag team division was prestigious as the titles actually meant something. Plus E&C being paired with Kurt Angle was always great, they were hilarious together (I really feel as if WWE misused the booking of ECK at the time, they should've won the matches they were in). In fact, most people can care less about the Dudebusters, if you're looking for another E&C...maybe WWE Should just put E&C together one last time, it wouldn't hurt at all, it makes the tag team division better and plus Christian gains a lot more attention which is well deserved and overdue.

I don't see anything special in the dudebusters, sorry. They remind me of the "local talent" used by the 'E' in squash matches. They have no discernible persona, charisma or character. I mean, a couple of grown up douche bags that play video games, perform the exploding fist bump and what else? I can't think of it.

Of course, I don't place the blame on the performers, the WWE isn't giving them an ounce of opportunity to shine and become interesting. But until THAT changes, no, they're not the next anything.

I think they definately have talent, they're much better than The Uso's. But the Dudebusters don't have famous fathers, so unfortunately they won't do anything...

At the end of ECW they were starting to emerge as a talent, but I think their career stops there. Ever since I saw them, I thought that they'd be better suited for TNA. So no, I don't think they're the next E&C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back