• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Destruction of Mega Man

Darkshot77

Pre-Show Stalwart
[YOUTUBE]QG8sl4bewwI[/YOUTUBE]

So Megaman does make it into a modern day fighter, just not as we expected him to be.

Now why did they use the cover art from the first game for megaman? Mega and pac are only in the game as jokes and are represented as such. Just one problem, they put pac man in a giant robot...this makes him look like a viable fighter, while mega just looks overweight and goofy. So now it looks like they made Pac-man look cool and are making a joke out of megaman. But lets remember Keiji Inafune, often referred to as the father of MegaMan, left Capcom in 2010. He wanted to help Capcom with Megaman Legends 3 from his new studio Comcept, but they declined. After the cancellations off these games, it is plausible, though i pray this is not true, that not only has Capcom has dropped him, they are ridiculing megaman to get back at Inafune, or others, for leaving. So not only has Capcom dropped the newer megaman games, but they have reduced him to a joke. But I will give the video game producers the benefit of the doubt and hope this is not the case. It just way turn out to be a creative spin on the charatcer and he could be very fun in-game. But if he turns out to play like the joke he looks like, than we may look at this as humiliation for a beloved video game character as he is eventually buried in obscurity.

Capcom, prove me wrong, I beg of you.

This comes off as massive trolling by Capcom to me. Now, this may just be an homage to one of gaming's most infamous examples of bad boxart, which seems to be a favorite running gag with Mega Man fans, but him looking like such a fatass in this game makes that hard to accept. The evidence you laid out does seem to point to this whole thing being one big joke, just a big middle finger to Inafune and the many fans clamoring for Mega Man's inclusion in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Basically it seems like they're trying to tell the fans to be careful what they wish for in the most dickish way possible. Or, maybe this was done with good intentions in mind, and people are just misinterpreting it. But with how fat they made him in this, it's doubtful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back