• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Death of Batman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
I stole this from another site that stole it from another Site. This is all about the clues that are pointing to the death of Bruce Wayne in the comics, This is an interesting read if you are a fan of the Bat.

Here is the Link to the Original article.

The Death of Batman-Chris Clow

They'd never do it.

He's one of the "Big Three" -- perhaps THE biggest.

He's their biggest seller.

He transcends the medium of comics and the genre of the superhero.

They'd never do it…

…would they?

If any event could shake the foundation of the comics industry as we know it, that event would be the downfall of The Dark Knight. The demise of the World's Greatest Detective.

The death of Batman.

There are rumblings that FINAL CRISIS, written by current Batman scribe Grant Morrison, will feature Batman's ultimate demise. "But they'd never do it! That'd be stupid!"

Well, luckily for all of you, I'm a huge nerd. If you don't read a book in the DCU, chances are that I do. And the sad fact is that many books, including BATMAN itself, have hinted at the death of The Dark Knight.

Let's work backwards from the most recent one, shall we? In this regard, the first omen was BATMAN #666. If you read Batman comics, then I'm sure you're familiar with this issue. It was set in the future, where Batman's son Damian has taken up his father's mantle. Take a close look at the first few pages that detail this Batman's origin. If you'll notice Damian mourning over his dead father's bloodied body, you'll see that he's wearing a very similar Robin variant costume that he wore at the end of the penultimate issue of BATMAN AND SON. You know, after he trashed Tim Drake in the Batcave?

Going off of this, we can infer that due to Damian's age, which is not too far off from where he is right now, that in this version, Batman's death is in the near future. I didn't see an "Elseworlds" tag at the beginning of this issue, did you? That's what scares me.

The next most recent one would be the ALL FLASH #1 special, which heralded the return of Wally West into the mantle of The Scarlet Speedster. At the very end, it gives a preview of what the future holds in The Flash's world, and one of his children has one of the Flash costume rings in his hands. But when he activates it, a Flash costume doesn't come out: a Batman costume does.

Another prospect vying for the Mantle of the Bat?

Then of course, if you can remember back, there was a story in TEEN TITANS called "Titans Tomorrow." It took place in a future ten years from now, where the Teen Titans got to meet future versions of themselves. Tim Drake had since taken up the mantle of the Bat and replaced the destroyed remains of Arkham Asylum with a graveyard containing all of the regular Batman rogues. Tim as Batman had become brutal. A sadist. A murderer. And when the subject came up of how he turned this way, Batman-Tim said to Robin-Tim, "You don't understand yet. So many heroes fell during it all. During the Crisis." Infinite Crisis already happened, and there's a Final one still on the horizon. Could the Crisis that the future Batman is referring to be the one that hits shelves next May?

And, the final one (which may be the biggest) was in JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #0. This issue jumped around time freely, and one scene settled above Crime Alley in Gotham City. Superman was sitting there, in his current costume, and was joined by Wonder Woman, also in her current costume. "How'd he go down?" The Amazon asked the Man of Steel. "Fighting." He said. Wonder Woman then smiled.

Am I being like one of those damned Wikipedia editors and digging way too deep at something that isn't there? Maybe.

And in this case, I hope so

Wow the evidence does point to it, it's quite crazy and will really add something to the Batman mythos. But them killing Bruce Wayne off won't mean the end of him, we'll have someone take over as Batman (like we've seen Grayson and Azrael do before) and it'll turn out that Bruce isn't dead. DC just doesn't kill people off for good. think Oliver Queen, Hal Jordan, Clark Kent, Donna Troy, Jason Todd to name a few off the top of my head. I've not read a Batman comic for a while, but am sure this storyline would make me go back to the Bat.

IT sounds pretty interesting, but doesn't every main character die at least once?

It's a publicity stunt set to come out during the Dark Knight hype. Look at how bad Captain America #25 bombed compared to the Death of Superman. There are only, what, maybe 4 characters in comic book lure whose death would actually mean something to the mainstream. Those four are Superman, which did record numbers, Batman, Spiderman, and Wolverine. Outside of these four, no one will care.

Killing off Batman is going to be a huge gamble for DC, but I can see it paying off. The big question is going to be, who gets the honor of finally taking down the Dark Knight???

I actually see this as perhaps a desperation move on the part of DC as they are not getting the type of Sales that they were and are losing to Marvel, Im not sure on the Numbers but I am pretty sure that the Spiderman Unmasking during the Civil War event didn't increase sales too much.

Killing off Batman is going to be a huge gamble for DC, but I can see it paying off. The big question is going to be, who gets the honor of finally taking down the Dark Knight???

Call me Old school, but I refuse to see the death of Batman in the hands of no other than The Joker; besides, I really dont see the point on this. Definitely it's a desperate move by DC.

They'll kill him off just to get good sales. EVERYBODY dies in comic. I've lost count of the amount of times The X-Men have popped it. I think they should have another villain kill him other than The Joker, something like this could be the making of a villain. I think Black Mask is the better choice. And to bring him back they'll just put Batman in the Lazarus Pit. There's no way they'll replace Bruce Wayne with another person, certainly not forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back