The Deadpool Spinoff- How would you do it

justinsayne

Cody Rhodes is an excellant
No, I'm not talking about the Clint eastwood movie, I'm talking about one the most popular comic book characters of the past 21 years. He made his film debut in the X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which immediatly lead to talk of a Deadpool spinoff being made, and since then their have been reports of a director signing onto the project, and and screenplay in the works, that being said this is the synopsis I found on iMBD for it

The movie's script is still in development but will be based around the character of Wade Wilson, a mercenary with terminal cancer who undergoes military experiments in an attempt to replicate Wolverine's mutant healing factor. This results are mixed as Wilson's ability to regenerate wounds is greatly increased (mimicking the abilities of Wolverine) but his mind is fundamentally fractured, leading to his multiple personalities and ability to break the fourth wall of narrative within storytelling. Similarly his skin is ridden with blisters and sores as a bi-product of his massively accelerated healing factor. He eventually leaves the Weapon X program and becomes a mercenary for hire, earning himself the pseudonym; "The Merc with a Mouth".

Note: This is not the actual script of the movie since there isn't one available yet and the producer of the movie, Lauren Shuler Donner mentioning that this deadpool will be very different from the character portrayed in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

I like the basic idea they have right now, however I'd go somewhere differant with it, I'd just have Wade's healing factor already be apart of him, much like Wolverines is. I think the movie should start off with flash backs giving us a small look into the childhood of Wade, showing his mother dieing of Cancer, his Military father being abusive, Wade growing into a teenage delinquent, to spite his father, up until the night where Wade's father attempts to take him out of a club only for one of his drunk friends to shoot his father with his stolen gun. After this we cut to a young Wade being discharged from the military, and embarking on his mercenary career, taking on jobs where he feels the targets deserve to die, from there the movie should focus on one main job. One idea would have him take on a job where he's sent to take out a high ranking govt. official of some sort, only to take out everyone at the location except the target, making his employers angry and wanting vengeance for his failure. They then target his love interest in the movie, making Wade angry to say the least, Wade gets some unexpected help from Wolverine, giving him a nice cameo, who then goes on to help Wade take down his employers and get his revenge

I realize it's a pretty basic story, and really offers nothing new, however I think it could work, and could be fun, especially once you factor in the Deadpool's smartassness.

As for casting I have no problem with Ryan Reynolds playing Wade Wilson/Deadpool, & Wolverine would obviously be played by Hugh Jackman again, as I really just can't see anyone else playing the role at this point, don't really know who would play all the other roles as I would leave those up for grabs and let the Director do what he wants with those casting choices

For Director, I need a guy who can make a great action movie with some good comedic moments spread throughout, I see this movie having a similar feel as the Iron Man movies, so Jon Favreau would be my first choice, though from the sound of it Tim Miller is get the job, as a first time director I have no idea what he's going to do with it, or what kind of feel he's going to give it, right now I have no issue giving him a shot as well

Anyway those are my ideas, what are yours

To hell with the Wolverine:Origins Deadpool character, that Deadpool was mediocre at best. He was funny, but he was too aware of it, he was trying to be funny. Comic book Deadpool is funny by accident, he's aware that he's insane, but he's not aware that he's so insane he's funny. For instance, my favorite Deadpool line is something along the lines of, "We can't be letting rogue superheroes like Luke Cage, Wolverine, and Squirrel Girl run around." Squirrel Girl is indeed a real Marvel Superhero, and she kicked Deadpool's ass.

That's another thing, Deadpool is NOT a very talented superhero. He has his healing factor going for him, and the fact that he's more than happy to fire a gun or cut something with his sword. That said, there's no way that he would be able to cut a speeding bullet in half. He's not Superman, Spider-Man, The Flash, or any other superhero that has bullet dodging abilities, if Deadpool is shot at in a short range situation, he'd probably just take the punishment and fire back.

This film should also be laden with surrealism. Deadpool is prone to all sorts of silly fantasies that mimic reality, and as his enemies listen to him spout off odd things that don't make sense, we'd see things how Deadpool sees them. Perhaps he'll be a pirate raiding a fort when he breaks into a bad guy's hideout, maybe he'll be a cowboy chasing after a group of ragtag criminals when he's going after his enemies.

Another thing is Deadpool's multiple voices. Deadpool has not one (his own voice) not two (a self-reflecting voice much like JD's voice in Scrubs) but THREE voices that all have personalities of their own. Deadpool is crazy, his first inner-dialogue is sarcastic but sympathetic to Deadpool, and the third voice is usually very dry, though sometimes emotive. I don't know how they'd pull this off, but one of them should be done through subtitles, and perhaps the other one could be done through voice over.

Also, he NEEDS TO KEEP THE GOD DAMN MASK ON! Part Of Deadpool's shtick is how fucking ugly he is. He is one of the most hideous humans in the Marvel Universe, and he scares people shitless when he whips that sucker off. It's a big part of the character, and having a pretty boy like Ryan Reynolds showing his face off the whole time isn't going to make the movie authentic. I have no problem with Reynolds playing Deadpool (I think he has the perfect comedic voice and ability for it), but he better be okay with keeping that mask on and looking like an ugly son of a gun when he takes it off.

I think Reynolds is the perfect choice for Deadpool if he keeps the mask on, so I'll roll with him for my actor of choice. Deadpool doesn't really have any signature enemies, so I'd try to pick a famous enough Marvel villain, one that he could have good comedic interaction with. I'd say Bullseye, but Daredevil already killed him... so maybe Mysterio? It would be an odd couple for sure but I feel like Deadpool could crack a lot of jokes.

I think I chose David Fincher for my Punisher reboot, but he'd be ideal for this movie too. It needs to be a comedy but pretty dark as well. For that reason, I also think Sam Mendes would be a good option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back