• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Deadman Not Feeling Straight Edge?

MOExecution

Pre-Show Stalwart
So around this time last year (September 19, 2009 to be exact) we were witnessing the CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy saga. At Night of Champion CM Punk lost the World HeavyWeight Championship to the "Charismatic Enigma" only to win it a few days later on SmackDown in a title vs career match between Jeff Hardy and CM Punk in a Steel Cage Match. Obviously Jeff Hardy lost that match and he left the WWE which had CM Punk waiting for the next #1 Contender for the World HeavyWeight Championship which was none other than "The Deadman" himself The Undertaker. CM Punk went on to defeat The Undertaker at Breaking Point after a recreation of "The Montreal Screwjob" where The Undertaker never tapped out. This set up another match between the two at Hell in a Cell for the World HeavyWeight Championship. Undertaker vs CM Punk kicked off the show which confused a lot of people because they saw this match as the Main Event. This match was basically a squash match having Undertaker defeat CM Punk and become the NEW World HeavyWeight Champion. But during this time there was a lot happening behind the scenes that people did not know about.

So I will give you a insight on what happened if you don't know. While on tour Undertaker approached CM Punk and told CM Punk that he should dress more nicely because he is the World HeavyWeight Champion/Face of the company and is representing the WWE. However in response CM Punk said, "John Cena dresses like this." This didn't fit to well with The Undertaker therefore he took it back to WWE Officials and this put CM Punk in the dog house which in my opinion is why CM Punk has not won the World HeavyWeight Championship since OR has been kicked down from the Main Event to the upper Mid-Card.

CM Punk should be the World HeavyWeight Champion. He is flawless on the microphone and he is great in the ring and one of the top Heels in WWE today. CM Punk could be and SHOULD be carrying the SmacKDown Brand to success right now, but instead we have him being held back by Luke Gallows and Joey Mercury. The Straight Edge Society played its course and should just end right now. It's going nowhere and it's holding back possibly your top superstar from taking you to the promise land. CM Punk deserves to be treated WAY better then how he is being treated right now. I think after a year CM Punk should have learned his lesson and he should have the title put back onto him instead of putting the title back onto Undertaker (assuming that is where it will be when the Kane vs Undertaker feud is over), facing The Big Show, and being paired with The Straight Edge Society.

So everybody knows how much influence/say Undertaker has in the WWE. Do you think the state where CM Punk is at is because The Undertaker has/is holding him back? Do you think CM Punk has learned his lesson and should be the World HeavyWeight Champion/Face of SmackDown? Let me know what you think.

Undertaker has a lot of power backstage, why else is his wife michelle mccool the first ever divas champion and the first woman to hold both the divas and womens titles. He can basically make anything happen so screwing with him or not listening to him is rather a foolish move to your WWE career. If I was Punk, I would've said listen to Taker and fixed my appearance up. I don't know what Punk was wearing but it must have been too casual if you know what I mean

I think punk will be champion again eventually, reports say that Vince is really high on him and if anyone is higher than taker, it's Vince. Plus this was last year, a lot has changed since then, Punk has become even more over with his heel gimmick and has impressed a lot of people

don't worry about it

Um, where did you hear this? Because if it was heard off the internet, then it's not necessarily true.

The Undertaker has massive power backstage, so Vince really takes 'Taker's word. Taker is a really nice person, and I'm sure he wouldn't have taken what Punk said, personally.

Punk is a huge part of Friday Night's. His amazing promo skills...it makes up for every other flaw. Just because he's not in the title picture, does not mean he's not being treated right.

The Undertaker isn't holding CM Punk back. Ive heard this rumor, and even if it turns out to be true. Do you really think they would keep the title off Punk this long because of a backstage verbal spat? The answer is no. The reason Punk isn't world champion is basically because he isn't as marketable as some other WWE stars. When the time comes where they need Punk to be a transitional champion again, then he will get the run. Until then, continue to see him be the best part of Smackdown. Remember, just because someone doesn't hold a title, does not mean they are getting held back.

Do you think the state where CM Punk is at is because The Undertaker has/is holding him back?
How the fuck should I know if CM Punk's supposed punishment was losing to 'Taker, dropping the belt, and being in the SD upper mid-card? And for that matter how do you? It's internet speculation and gossip mongering. I've no idea if Punk was "in the dog house" for running afoul of The Deadman.
A year on, I would hope that shit has nothing to do with anything (good or bad) these days as that's a terrible way to run a business –especially one that's publicly traded.
Do you think CM Punk has learned his lesson and should be the World HeavyWeight Champion/Face of SmackDown? Let me know what you think.
Punk's learned nothing becuase there's nothing to learn. This isn't his first year in the business. He's well aware of the fact that people have stroke backstage and that there are politics aplenty.

Should he be the champ? It'd be nice I guess. No disrespect to 'Taker but I'd probably enjoy another Punk run over the 'Taker/Kane thing going on. That is unless this is the mythical final Kane/'Taker feud where Kane actually goes over
The Deadman which we've all been wanting/waiting to see for literally years upon years now (even though those very same people are mostly shitting on the program these two are having and calling it boring).

Even if Punk was being "punished" do you think that it would last as long as a year? Yeah I think Punk should be World Champ, he's one of if not the best heels in the company. He's great on the mic and great in the ring the only other person that might top him alround is Jericho.

just because punk is good on the mic and in the ring doesn mean he has to hold the gold. i think he is doing good right now and hopefully get a new ses since he old ses is probably gonna go away.

I wouldn't say that Gallows and Mercury are holding him back because I think that it's more the WWE who can't book stable (except NXT and even there) well. Punk should be champion, at least IC, Gallows and Mercury tag champ and Serena should have been women champ, that's what a stable do, they get together to dominate. I think the messiah gimmick is awesome but the low card wrestler in a stable should be elevated.

I am not sure if it's true that Punk was punish but in my opinion he should have had one clean victory on Taker (even by cheating but not a screwjob type).

Punk's oft modeled himself after Raven in the Fed, despite this his(booker) eye for scouting raw talent to make a stable (flock/society) seems to never work out. So as it stands now, YES the society gimmick is holding him back. Until they can find a stable with any level of charisma (the flock was acceptable even when they were just sitting there), he should stand on his own.

If this is at all true then Punk has handled the 'demotion' admirably. He's taken the concept of a Straight Edge faction and, despite having pretty poor quality stablemates, has made it into one of the best things produced by WWE in years. The SES is just a reason for Punk to speak as a heel. He needed a platform to talk down to people from so the idea of a cult was a masterstroke. Adding Gallows was just a way of giving Gallows a much needed make over and a lot of face time but his main job is to make Punk look legit. Add that to Punk's natural abilty to look legit and he begins to look awesome.

But he's never taken it higher than Upper Mid Card. Rey Mysterio was the only High Profile feud. This Big Show feud is more comic relief and lack of something to do for either character. I can only see Punk now aiming higher and becoming the star he deserves to be.

But like I said, he's handled his set back like a man and has just kept on putting on perfect performances on the mic and perfect performances in the ring.

People always bring up these things that they can't confirm. I remember all these internet reports around that time about this certain situation. But internet reports aren't something that are all that reliable are they?

Punk would have really done something major to warrent Taker suggesting that he be depushed to McMahon..... Undertaker is NOT Hogan nor is he Nash, his stroke he has is tempered with more respect for the business. He probably sees the Potential of CM, knowing he could be the future of the company. I doubt blowing off the Taker suggesting uping the scale of dress when he is Champion would be something that would cause him to be in the dog house..

This was a long time ago and we still have threads discussing this? Plus isn't Vince McMahon really high on CM Punk? I would be, everybody loves him in the IWC and people in the business love his work too (Austin even praised it). Behind Jericho, Punk is my favourite wrestler, and he's turned a bunch of nobodys into something meaningful single handily. Luke Gallows would never appear on a Summerslam if it wasn't for Punk, and even though SES end is imminent, they had a good run, longer than I expected.

I did hear this report, and I remember also reading that Punk mentioned how Cena dresses a certain way too. Plus, Taker is highly respect, in fact the most respect person in the lockeroom in my opinion (how would I know though...), and I can see a confrontation between the two but nothing blown out of proportion leading to Punk dropping the title, it doesn't make sense in my opinion.

I think a lot of people saw Taker get the belt at Hell in a Cell and figured that since the match was a glorified squash and there was that "alleged" confrontation between Taker and Punk that Punk was punished and the title was taken off of him and given to Taker. Only Punk and/or Taker knows what really happened if anything happened.

Honestly, I think they wanted to move Taker into the title spot after he came back after SummerSlam anyway. The moved Punk into a terrible feud with R-Truth and Scott Freakin Armstrong and he only started to pick up steam when he started feuding with Rey. I don't think that was punishment, I think that was trying to fit him in different angles that ended up going nowhere.

Do I think Punk is World Champion material? Absolutley. I think he is the perfect heel and should be headlining Mania someday. Before that happens though, he needs a meaningful feud to elevate him back to that Main Event status. He had it with the Hardy feud but it got killed last fall. He needs to get some momentum going and I don't see that with the SES fading fast right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back