The Coach on ESPN First Take

SSJPhenom

The Phenom of WZ
Jonathan Coachman has been a special guest on ESPN First Take all week this week and he has been amazing and apparently the general public think so as well. Ratings and reviews for First Take with the Coach have been great. I had forgotten that the Coach actually does have some charisma. Could you imagine him on there with Stephen A. Smith?

In today's episode, they talked about the recent concussion lawsuit that WWE is in with 50 former performers. Coach gave some insight into how WWE works with such things. It's a great watch.

[YOUTUBE]E1fVYVqSUN4[/YOUTUBE]

Anything is better than Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless caterwauling back and forth, professing that we now have Hell on Earth due to even the most minor thing that happened in the sports world.

For me it all depends on certain variables, the biggest one being did WWE ever let a talent perform with a concussion when they were aware of it. Most of the names on that list worked at a time where there was a lot of ignorance around concussions and head injuries, I have no doubt some had concussions and I have no doubt some worked with a concussion when they shouldn't have, I have no doubt on any of that but it really comes down to did the company know. If they're pushing talent to work when their brain is a wet noodle then they should be nailed to the wall, if that's not the case though then they shouldn't have to pay. If lets say Jimmy Snuka had a bad concussion but didn't say anything and no sold it then you can't blame WWE for that.

I really miss Skip and Stephen A. arguing back and forth.

The Coach has been doing fine filling in for them, but I'm just waiting for Max Kellerman to join the show and for Stephen A. to get back.

In keeping with the foundation Skip and Stephen A have built, Coach and the guy that wasn't Coach basically said nothing. Nine and half minutes of saying nothing no less. Remarkable work. I have no more perspective on the issue and lawsuit now than I did before I listened to the discussion.

Well done gents.

In keeping with the foundation Skip and Stephen A have built, Coach and the guy that wasn't Coach basically said nothing. Nine and half minutes of saying nothing no less. Remarkable work. I have no more perspective on the issue and lawsuit now than I did before I listened to the discussion.

Well done gents.

If you think First Take is a sports news program then I feel for you. Their job on First Take is not to report sports news and give perspective on what's going on. They news has already been reported. Their job is to give their opinions of that news and have a discussion/argument/debate. If you want info/perspective, watch Sportscenter or ESPN News.

If you think First Take is a sports news program then I feel for you. Their job on First Take is not to report sports news and give perspective on what's going on. They news has already been reported. Their job is to give their opinions of that news and have a discussion/argument/debate. If you want info/perspective, watch Sportscenter or ESPN News.

No. Their job is to say things so stupidly outlandish that people react as such and then come back to see what stupidly outlandish thing they say next. It's appealing to the lowest common denominator. They are the Howard Stern of sports talk.

Does it draw people in? Sure. So do train wrecks.

Yeah, I get it. It's just bad enough when they treat sports that way. When you are talking about legal issues and health I would hope they would take down the fake outrage a tad and actually make relevant points.

If we are going to discuss this lawsuit I would discuss the NFL lawsuit a bit more and compare and contrast any similarities to this lawsuit. I would talk about the well documented history of guys losing their spot.

I wouldn't just throw out some anecdotes and say bad lawyer. Coach looked more like a WWE employee than an ESPN employee there. Maybe Disney is getting ready to buy WWE. ;)

I find it irritating, not at all entertaining. Some obviously feel differently.
This is completely accurate.

Conversely, the above clip with Coach and Max Bretos I didn't feel that way at all. They actually host overnight Sportcenter together sometimes and it's always quite fun. They are fun together without being abrasive and obnoxious, which is what Stevey A. and Skippy B are.

I thought I saw that Max Kellerman was taking over for Skippy now that Skippy is gone to Fox. Kellerman is much less irritating than Skippy so that crap show may be less unwatchable now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back