"The Chaperone" looks terrible

martymcfly

Getting Noticed By Management
Not that WWE films are known for their great entertainment value, but this new entry seems like a new low.

From the preview, I had no idea what type of movie this was supposed to be, and maybe the producers don't really know either. Here's the sequence of how things looked from the beginning to the end:

1. A serious story about a man looking for redemption after prison.

2. A tug at the heartstrings story about a man looking to win back the love and respect of his family.

3. A "comedy?" story about a big beefy fish out of water in a situation that one would not expect him to be in, in this case, taking care of kids (ugh, did mr. nanny or the tooth fairy or the pacifier ever do well at the box office?).

4. An action story about a guy trying to rescue his kidnapped daughter.

5. A comedy/action story about kids trying to take down criminals and rescue the father, a la "home alone" style hijinks.

6. Another try at looking like a fish out of water story.

I was left extremely confused as to what type of movie this really was, and if it wasn't for the announce team telling us it was supposed to be a hilarious comedy, I would have no idea. And if that's the case, shouldn't comedies at least have...oh, maybe one joke or comedy segment somewhere in the trailer? This movie didn't look funny at all.

Anyways, just my two cents. Anyone else feel differently?

the storyline has been done to death, but i didn't even care about that. the quality of what i saw looked horrible. it almost looked like a bunch of teenagers found a camera and wanted to make a movie.

i don't think it's expected to be shown all over the US, at least i hope not. the budget for it looked like about $500. cena's movies were never that great, but at least they kept it interesting with the action and explosions, minus the one about the kid who wanted to be a wrestler like his brother.

wwe's movies are simply bad, but they know people will buy the dvd's because fans will want to see their favorite wrestler in a movie.

same with hogan's movies. all his movies were god awful.

Dude, This movie is for little kids and their parents to have a laugh, not for a teen/adult, wait a couple years and there will be Re-runs on the Disney Channel. If you don't like it, don't watch/buy it Its that simple.

If you were a child you'd be laughing you're ass of. Face it, its not meant for adults or teens, thats why they say its a FAMILY movie.

I may rent it or if it ends up on streaming Netflix I may watch it for a cheap laugh. If anything just to see Yeardley Smith. Also I enjoy Kevin Corrigan so I'm sure one of these night I sit down have a little drink and play it in the background of me playing around on the computer.

The only positive thing I can take from this movie is that at least WWE Films is trying to expand what kinda of film genres they do. If they were to simply do action filled flicks like The Marine or 12 Rounds, it would be very samey. Legendary was actually a pretty good film and it was refreshing to have a WWE superstar involved in a many sentimental storyline in a film. The Chaperone looks like the kind of film the younger audiences will enjoy more than anything else. Hey, can't be any worse than Knucklehead. :lmao:

The only positive thing I can take from this movie is that at least WWE Films is trying to expand what kinda of film genres they do. If they were to simply do action filled flicks like The Marine or 12 Rounds, it would be very samey. Legendary was actually a pretty good film and it was refreshing to have a WWE superstar involved in a many sentimental storyline in a film. The Chaperone looks like the kind of film the younger audiences will enjoy more than anything else. Hey, can't be any worse than Knucklehead. :lmao:

I like if WWE did more action films, but good and entertaining action films like Shoot Em Up for example. WWE needs have good writers write scripts for their films and good filmmakers aswell.

The last movie that WWE films did right was Kane's "See no Evil" and that was OK. After "12 Rounds" and "Knuckle head" Im not expecting much at all. I'll watch it if its on TV or my mom or aunt buys it but I personally won't buy it.

Are we supposed to be surprised by this? Every WWE film has been a piece of shit, the only possible exception being the guilty pleasures of The Condemned, which was basically just Stone Cold murdering people in various creative ways for 90 minutes.

This film looks to have it all though; awkward melodrama, terrible comedy, atrocious acting across the board. It's a bonafide WWE classic in the making.

Are we supposed to be surprised by this? Every WWE film has been a piece of shit, the only possible exception being the guilty pleasures of The Condemned, which was basically just Stone Cold murdering people in various creative ways for 90 minutes.

This film looks to have it all though; awkward melodrama, terrible comedy, atrocious acting across the board. It's a bonafide WWE classic in the making.

I would love a grindhouse style flick like how Machete was done by WWE. I know WWE has PG programming but does not mean they cannot have a action film for the teens/adults. It can star Steve Austin kicking ass again and killing people in more creative ways for 2 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back