• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The chances of TWO Triple Threats....

L@RISANO

R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(
On the latest RAW show, we saw a slight swerve in the Shield programme with Seth Rollins walking out on the Shield mid-match and ultimately causing their loss vs the Wyatt family.

It was a fresh and encouraging swerve as the WWE seems to be giving Seth Rollins a slight push and spotlight going into Wrestlemania, as he has been portrayed as a peacemaker/glue of the group thus far,storyline-wise.

Thus, it should help set-up the Shield Triple threat match now, with all three members having reasons to go at each other's throats.

However, many people are calling for Daniel Bryan to be inserted into the title match to make that a Triple threat Main title match also.
Whilst Daniel Bryan is most likely to go against HHH, there might well be Double duty of some sort to make sure the Main title match doesn't result in a borefest/boofest...

All that said; There were reports earlier that WWE does not want TWO Triple threat matches for Wrestlemania, and if the Main title match becomes a Triple threat, then the Shield TT will be scrapped.

The original alternative for the Shield TT was Roman Reigns vs HHH according to some dirt sheets.
Now, another dirt sheet report is stating that an IC and US title Unification match between Dean Ambrose and Big E will be on, with Ambrose being the one to leave the Shield, whilst, Reigns and Rollins will be in some form of Tag match involving Harper and Rowan of the Wyatt family whilst Bray seems to be locked in a match with John Cena.

Obviously, such an underwhelming programme for the Shield in order to avoid TWO Triple threat matches will sour the anticipation of many fans who might well be looking forward to a Great Triple threat match between these exciting and fresh talents.

So; should WWE go ahead and stick with the Triple Threat for the Shield regardless of the Main title match being of the same type, or is the new alternative acceptable enough??

I really doubt WWE is going to go out of their way to avoid having two triple threats on the same show. That's one of those IWC reports that just doesn't pass the smell test. You can tell they're just throwing that out there because it will help them cover their ass when they get a report wrong.

Now, clearly, the plan all along has been for Bryan to face Batista and Orton for the title. As I've been saying all along, that's been the plan since before the Royal Rumble. And since they've known they were going to have one triple threat this whole time, they've known if they were going to have a second one or not.

The point is WWE knows what they're doing. And it's impossible for us to say if whatever they're going to do is a good idea without seeing what it is that they do, and how exactly they go about doing it. A US/IC title unification could work if done right. Reigns/Rollins vs. Harper/Rowan could work if done right. Reigns-Triple H could work if done right. Likewise, all of those could fail, just like a Shield triple threat breakup could fail. We all remember what a nightmare of a disaster the Legacy breakup was, when it could have been done brilliantly. You can't just predict the final product and judge that without seeing how they get there.

As I just wrote on another post, I think there could be up to 4 triple threats at Wrestlemania XXX

Randy Orton vs Batists vs potentially Daniel Bryan
Big E could be defending the IC Title against Cesaro and Swagger
Ambrose could easily be in a triple with Rollins and Reigns
Usos could now be against The Outlaws and Los Matadores after WWE Mian Event tonight.

I think that is too many, but trying to fit guys on the card, well this is the way unless they throw a battle royale into the card

What should happen is this:

Bryan/HHH match takes place with a stipulation. If Bryan wins, he's rewarded a money in the bank contract for a championship match whenever he wants. If HHH wins, Bryan can never challenge for the title again.

After a long grueling match, Bryan goes over HHH and get his money in the bank contract.

Later in the main event, Batista beats Orton for the belt. The crowd will then boo the heck out of the place as he's celebrating. All of a sudden Daniel Bryan's music hits and the crowd goes nuts. He cashes in his contract right there and beats Batista for the belt. The crowd goes crazy and everyone goes home happy. This will then set-up a huge program between Batista and Bryan going forward.

To me, this is the only logical thing WWE can do. If they stick to their original plans and have Batista beat Orton and end Wrestlemania on that note, it will most likely go down as one of the worst Mania endings of all time.

Let me know what you guys think.

As I just wrote on another post, I think there could be up to 4 triple threats at Wrestlemania XXX

Randy Orton vs Batists vs potentially Daniel Bryan
Big E could be defending the IC Title against Cesaro and Swagger
Ambrose could easily be in a triple with Rollins and Reigns
Usos could now be against The Outlaws and Los Matadores after WWE Mian Event tonight.

I think that is too many, but trying to fit guys on the card, well this is the way unless they throw a battle royale into the card

Its WrestleMania XXX every match is gonna be a triple threat one competitor for each X. (Not taking the piss out of your post btw)

Seriously I couldn't care if they have two triple threats as long as they deliver a quality match, four would however be too many.

The denial is strong in this one.

The shield triple threat is happening. Thats why Rollins walked away. That's why he screamed that he couldn't be the glue anymore. He will face off against the other two at mania.

Daniel Bryan? He will face HHH. Why did HHH pedigree him if not? Why has Bryan been begging for that match and not to be a part of the main event? His match at mania will be a single, one on one, match with HHH with no stipulation. There will be one triple threat.

I'd like to see Cesaro vs Swagger vs Big E Intercontinental Championship Triple Threat. Well, I'd rather see the Real Americans patch there differences and stay together but that is looking bleak.

I was going to make this thread but didn't know which section so I didn't lol. I'd love to see Bryan vs Orton vs Batista, Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, AND Big E vs Cesaro vs Swagger. The majority of these guys are talent and I know at least 2 of the 3 would be amazing matches especially with an appropriate amount of time. The WWEWHC title match I'm not sure on because I just can't visualize it as a main event quality match. I wouldn't be surprised if Bryan somehow gets added to the title match and works both matches, but I wouldn't throw all of my chips in on that either.

there should be TWO Triple Threat Matches at WrestleMania XXX:

Randy Orton vs. Batista vs. Daniel Bryan AND Dean Ambrose vs. Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins

I'd like to see them do a Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Title Match as well between the Uso's, NAO, Goldust/Cody and another team.

then I would have either an 8-Man or 10-Man Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship with the following people to make sure everyone gets a WrestleMania payday:

Big E (c) vs. Swagger vs. Cesaro vs. Ziggler vs. Christian vs. Del Rio vs. Sheamus vs. Kingston

so as for what I hope is the FINAL card for WM XXX, here's what I'm hoping for:

Triple Threat Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship:
Randy Orton (c) vs. Batista vs. Daniel Bryan

Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar

Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

Triple Threat Match for the United States Championship:
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins

Eight-Man Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship:
Big E (c) vs. Cesaro vs. Jack Swagger vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Sheamus vs. Christian vs. Kofi Kingston

Fatal 4-Way Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship:
The Uso's (c) vs. New Age Outlaws vs. Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs. Luke Harper & Erick Rowan

that would be an awesome card and a PERFECT way to fit EVERYONE on the card!!

Thoughts?

Looks like we are getting two Triple Threat matches at WM XXX. 1) Rollins vs. Reigns vs. Ambrose for the US. 2) Big E vs. Cearo vs. Swagger for the IC.

If for whatever reason they slide Bryan into the EWHC title match I could see the above two matches being merged into one with both the IC and US on the line in a Ladder Match.

I for one hope they leave Triple H vs. Bryan alone with no stupid ass main event stipulation. I'll also be rooting for Triple H to win the match.

i think for sure WWE is giving us two triple threat matches and maybe even three. i think two of them will be The Shield members facing each other for the US title (where i hope Seth Rollins wins it) and the other one being the IC title match where Big E defends vs. the Real Americans, they MAY make that a handicap match though actually with the stipulation being the one who gets the pinfall wins the title which sets up for constant arguing with them. as for the final could be Batista vs. Orton vs. Bryan, BUT i think the only way Bryan gets in it (story wise) is if he beats HHH in a match at WM. so what i see happening is a first match, then Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan where Bryan wins and gets in the title match, then later on he goes into the triple threat match and hopefully there he pins Orton, so that after Bryan beats Orton in his re-match they can set up the Batista and Bryan feud.

Honestly, the Shield dissension has been entertaining and the "will they,won't they" aspect has kept the possibility of them staying together even post-Mania, in the event of WWE changing their plans.

However, one thing, we have missed,lMO, is the Authority's input in the Shield and their bickering. After all, the Shield has been working for the Authority and doing their dirty work. Having HHH or Stephanie in a segment with the group would be entertaining and might help setup who goes face, and who stays heel,lMO.

The shield triple threat is happening. Thats why Rollins walked away. That's why he screamed that he couldn't be the glue anymore. He will face off against the other two at mania.

Daniel Bryan? He will face HHH. Why did HHH pedigree him if not? Why has Bryan been begging for that match and not to be a part of the main event? His match at mania will be a single, one on one, match with HHH with no stipulation. There will be one triple threat.

I have vouched for Daniel Bryan being in the Main title match before, but if it results in a No-Heat Mid-Card Unification match between Big E and Ambrose, whilst a guy as over as Roman Reigns(even the Chicago crowd chanted his name) and Seth Rollins who is now in the spotlight, being returned to do a pointless Tag match against Harper and Rowan(who are good, but are lackeys of Bray at the end of the day)...that would be a huge backward step, especially after everything that has been done for Roman Reigns in the past few months.

Think about it; Roman Reigns has got a stellar Survivor Series showing, a Royal Rumble record showing, was the only Shield member to defeat CM Punk, had a One-on-One with Bray Wyatt on RAW recently, has been portrayed as the "Leader" of the Shield....after all of that, Dean Ambrose gets a seperate Singles match, whilst Reigns is relegated to a virtually,underwhelming Tag match with Harper and Rowan, and his counterpart Faction leader, Bray goes to Mania to fight the "Face of the Company"......Just think about it,seriously.

Honestly, I initially disagreed with people hoping for Rollins to win the US title. However, if a triple threat is done for the US title between the Shield guys, I think Rollins winning would be perfect.

The real rivalry has always been about Reigns and Ambrose. So the Mania match, can have Rollins winning the US title, and be about the the Shield as a group breaking up beyond repair.

Have Rollins go on and hopefully do something with the US title, whilst Post-Mania;
Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose finally go all out against each other in a proper Former Friends Turned Foes Bad Blood feud. Would be the perfect way for all 3 guys to begin their Singles Runs,lMO.

WWE may not have wanted two triple threat matches on the card, but I think there's a real possibility of it going down this way. That's not to say that WWE still won't go in a different direction, depending on what they do with The Shield in the next few weeks. Reportedly, one of the matches being discussed was Harper & Rowan vs. Rollins & Reigns and if WWE decides to go that direction, they can have The Shield look as though they're regrouping and getting back on the same page between now & WrestleMania. It's still possible to go that route since none of the members have come to blows and Rollins' actions on Monday could be written as the stress of Ambrose & Reigns constant bickering getting the better of him. As a result, they could still go with the tag match that ends with either Rollins or Reigns turning on the other or losing due to some sort of miscommunication or accidental screw up that finally sends them over the edge.

If they go that route, then that could leave Ambrose in the position of facing a proposed match against Big E to unify the IC & US titles. It's an idea that's been discussed by officials for a couple of months and it was originally rumored to take place at the Elimination Chamber ppv.

It's possible that WWE could actually go with three triple threat matches based on the fact that Big E has been in the middle of the break up of The Real Americans. However, I don't think WWE will go the route of three triple threats. I might be wrong, but I think it more likely that things will continue to break down between Swagger & Cesaro to the point in which they're bent on proving which of them is better, resulting in a one on one singles match at WrestleMania.

There was also talk, reportedly, of WWE having some sort of multi-team match for the tag titles. It's possible that we could see The Usos defending in something like a tag team tornado match against The Real Americans, The New Age Outlaws Rollins & Reigns and Harper & Rowan; you know, sort of combining all of these tag team feuds and tag team breakdowns into one big tag team bout. The Real Americans & Rollins and Reigns could wind up getting in each other's way, igniting their frustrations with each other, Harper & Rowan could be there to further antagonize Rollins & Reigns, etc.

There are several potentially interesting ways they can go with this but, as of right now, I'm thinking that a Shield triple threat match is definitely on the table.

I dont think that they will do two triple threat matches. DB is going after HHH, he hasnt even mentioned being a part of the wwe title match so why the hell would there be a stipulation for him to be put in it? People on here need to give that one up and realize that at NO point did they ever even hint to that being a possible match. The shield match WILL happen. Now, as far as the ic title goes, they will probably insert someone like Barrett or Ziggler to make it a fatal four way.

There is always a few options here. The Shield triple threat match definitely seems like its happening. The group breaking up is imminent, and one of them needs to shine above the others. That person is most likely going to be Reigns. Rollins will most likely feud with him after it is all said and done, and Ambrose seems like he's going to eventually fade into obscurity. So there is one triple threat.

In regards to the Bryan/Orton/Batista triple threat, I see that as a possibility, but definitely not listed on the card. I think (hope) that Triple H will agree to have a match with Bryan on the stipulation that if he loses, he cannot challenge again for the title, but if he wins, he gets to be in a triple threat match on the same night, for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Bryan goes on to beat Trips, and after a huge beating, is inserted into the title match. Then Orton and Batista work together in taking out Bryan but they fight over the pin, blah blah blah the usual, and they start fighting and Bryan ends up getting the win somehow, and Wrestlemania is saved.

So I know there will be at least 1 triple threat match, with potential for a 2nd one.

It doesn't make sense for them NOT to have multiple triple threat matches. That's ridiculous to think that WWE honestly will pass on having the opportunity to have Bryan win the title AND have a shield 3 way. Both would be huge selling points of the show and would be awesome. I can't see WWE not doing this

I could see that. If they can get away with booking two handicap matches at TLC, there's no excuse on why they couldn't do two triple threats but yeah I just wonder how they could develop The Shield's individual personalities before Wrestlemania. Would they all take separate entrances to the ring through the crowd, would each each Shield member keep the same ring attire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back