The Blueprint v. The Genetic Freak

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
I'm watching the video that LJL posted, and it makes me think at the potential of a feud like this. With Steiner stepping up his game, and Morgan needing something to get him through until a title shot, I think this feud would be great.

Remember when Rude and Warrior feuded? It started over the "pose-off". Just move that to modern day, and you get the "Blueprint" and the "Genetic Freak". The names are just asking for a good feud. Both of them are good on the mic, and they'd be exciting as hell to watch in the ring.

Thoughts?

I would say no. The key to the original feud was that Rude wasn't a power guy. Power vs. power hardly ever works and since Steiner is a trainwreck most of the time and while Morgan is good, he's not ready to carry a feud yet, which is what would have to happen here. Coupling that with a complete clash of styles and I can't see this working that well.

I would say no. The key to the original feud was that Rude wasn't a power guy. Power vs. power hardly ever works and since Steiner is a trainwreck most of the time and while Morgan is good, he's not ready to carry a feud yet, which is what would have to happen here. Coupling that with a complete clash of styles and I can't see this working that well.

Just kill my fun why don't you...

Steiner hasn't been a trainwreck lately though. Since the match at Bound For Glory he's been better in the ring, and his promos never dropped off. Morgan needs a chance to carry a feud before the push him completely into the main event, so why not put him with someone they know can work? Morgan has had very good matches with Kurt Angle, and can do more than just straight ahead power. I think this would be a good chance to showcase that, as well as keep Steiner and his antics on TV, which oddly enough, is a good thing.

I have to say NSL, this is a pretty good idea. I would be interested in seeing these two feud. Since Steiner has not been so bad in the ring lately, Morgan would not need to carry the whole feud, but I agree with you that he must be able to carry a feud before he gets into the main event. Morgan is indeed more then just a power guy, and I'm sure with Steiner they would have him switch it up, because as KB said, power vs power doesn't necessarily work well. If this should happen in the near future, count me in on being a fan of it.

Someone has to keep TNA in check.

Promos have dropped off? When were they on in the first place? he makes no sense, he's dangerous in the ring, his finishing move SUCKS, he can barely do his one offensive move, the belly to belly, properly anymore, and he uses a Frankensteiner that's nothing compared to the old one anymore where it's really just him falling backwards now.

The push for Morgan is dying already and putting him with Stierin will just bring him down ever more. He'll make Morgan look bad and for a guy who isn't over in the main event yet, that's not a good thing at all. Morgan had matches with Angle, a guy that can have good matches with anyone. Morgan needs to have someone opposite his style. If you have Undertaker for example and you put him against Kane, Undertaker's size and strength aren't that impressive because Kane's balances him out. MOrgan's power isn't as impressive as Steiner's, which makes Morgan look weak in the thing he's best at. Morgan needs someone smaller than he is to bounce off of in order for him to have a great match. Maybe Daniels or Joe, but not Steiner.

I have to say NSL, this is a pretty good idea. I would be interested in seeing these two feud. Since Steiner has not been so bad in the ring lately, Morgan would not need to carry the whole feud, but I agree with you that he must be able to carry a feud before he gets into the main event. Morgan is indeed more then just a power guy, and I'm sure with Steiner they would have him switch it up, because as KB said, power vs power doesn't necessarily work well. If this should happen in the near future, count me in on being a fan of it.

This is why you need to post TNA more often. You make me smile.

Imagine Morgan showing off his speed and agility, while Steiner uses his straight ahead power. Considering the size of both of them, it would look great, and people would be interested. According to myth, Morgan has the ability to pull off a pretty good SSP, and what better way to finish off the catapult to the main event, then to put away Scott with one?

If they just let them go with regular matches, and not bog it down with gimmicks, I'd love to see Steiner throw a belly-to-belly on Morgan, or see Morgan get Steiner up for the Hellevator. And who wouldn't love a return of the Steiner Recliner?

Someone has to keep TNA in check.

I thought that was my job, with the name being in bold and all :p

Promos have dropped off? When were they on in the first place? he makes no sense,

I've always loved Steiner's promos. Considering everyone is pretty split on him, I won't argue too much about whether or not he's good/funny on the mic.

he's dangerous in the ring,

To my knowledge, he hasn't ever hurt anyone seriously in the ring, and he's been pretty good lately. His moves don't look forced, and he's faced guys that have sold it pretty well.

his finishing move SUCKS, he can barely do his one offensive move, the belly to belly, properly anymore, and he uses a Frankensteiner that's nothing compared to the old one anymore where it's really just him falling backwards now.

I'll agree about the Frankensteiner, but it went downhill pretty quick when he blew up and didn't look like himself anymore. The belly to belly has looked good the last few times he's used it, and against someone like Morgan (who can sell it), what's the risk?

I'm all for the return of the Steiner Recliner.

The push for Morgan is dying already and putting him with Stierin will just bring him down ever more.

...which is why a feud with someone like Steiner would work...It would show he can carry a feud, and let him showcase his abilities until a title shot comes along.

Who is "Stierin"?

He'll make Morgan look bad and for a guy who isn't over in the main event yet, that's not a good thing at all. Morgan had matches with Angle, a guy that can have good matches with anyone. Morgan needs to have someone opposite his style. If you have Undertaker for example and you put him against Kane, Undertaker's size and strength aren't that impressive because Kane's balances him out. MOrgan's power isn't as impressive as Steiner's, which makes Morgan look weak in the thing he's best at. Morgan needs someone smaller than he is to bounce off of in order for him to have a great match. Maybe Daniels or Joe, but not Steiner.

Putting Morgan against someone smaller is all they've done (since starting the push). Angle is smaller, and like you said, working with Angle means absolutely nothing, since Angle can put anyone over, and make anyone look good.

If he can hang with someone as powerful as him, or stronger, it would give him a chance to come back from beatings, cut promos with a master :)suspic: I said it...), and work in something more than random tag matches until they feel like finishing off his push, for better or worse.

I think on paper this sounds good, but I don't really think Morgan needs this. Right now Steiner is making Bobby Lashley actually look entertaining. He's carrying him in this feud. Morgan on the other hand, doesn't need this. Feuding with Steiner would make him seem more like a mid-card guy, and I thought TNA was trying to push him to main event status.

I thought that was my job, with the name being in bold and all

And my job is to keep those with bold names and no underlining in check.

I've always loved Steiner's promos.

His promos are what makes guys like him and Warrior have a bad name. There's no development to his character or anything like that. It's just ramble ramble ramble freaks and peaks ramble ramble ramble mafia ramble ramble ramble. He's in his own little world and while he was having great matches, that was fine. he doesn't do taht anymore and it's not fine.

To my knowledge, he hasn't ever hurt anyone seriously in the ring, and he's been pretty good lately. His moves don't look forced, and he's faced guys that have sold it pretty well.

Except for the time when he botchesd the belly to belly on AJ and nearly broke his neck. Or all the times he's gone stiff on people. Or all the times it looks like he's no selling other people's moves and makes them look weak. yeah other than those times he's great.

The belly to belly has looked good the last few times he's used it, and against someone like Morgan (who can sell it), what's the risk?

First off, all wrestlers can sell, at least in theory. That's one of the first rules of being a wrestler. That's like saying a guy can breathe properly. Second, in other words, you're saying that since Steiner hasn't botched a move that he uses a lot RECENTLY, it's ok to put one of your best young guns in there and risk making him look bad or injure him because a guy that won't retire and can't do more than three moves safely MIGHT get the move right because he's been on a hot streak lately with it? That makes sense.

I'm all for the return of the Steiner Recliner.

Yes let's bring back the deadly sit on their back and flex your arms so it looks like you're doing something when in reality it's the stupidest looking finisher in the world because you don't do it right and are lazy as hell in the ring.

...which is why a feud with someone like Steiner would work...It would show he can carry a feud, and let him showcase his abilities until a title shot comes along.

It's also a great way to risk Morgan looking awful when Stierin, Scott's evil twin from the universe of my computer is messing up, is blown to hell 3 minutes into a match and Morgan, a guy with limited experience in that kind of environment, has to carry him. Check out Rumble and No Way Out 03. HHH couldn't carry Steiner to a decent match. Hell he couldn't carry him to a bad match, but you think Morgan can, after 5 years of Steiner somehow getting worse?

Putting Morgan against someone smaller is all they've done (since starting the push). Angle is smaller, and like you said, working with Angle means absolutely nothing, since Angle can put anyone over, and make anyone look good.

And he had the best period of his career. Now he's hanging out with Hernandez, a stronger guy, and Morgan is rapidly being forgotten on the card. He's gone from main eventing shows to now being thrown into a worthless tag match as his power means nothing now that he's with SuperMex, who is more powerful and better as a power wrestler. What would happen with Steiner, who is somehow more one dimensional than Hernandez?

If he can hang with someone as powerful as him, or stronger, it would give him a chance to come back from beatings, cut promos with a master ( I said it...), and work in something more than random tag matches until they feel like finishing off his push, for better or worse.

Or the feud could be a complete and utter disaster that makes Morgan look awful and runs his career into the ground and completes the near downward spiral he's in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back