• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Biggest Marks pt.1

Out of the two Who are the biggest Marks?

• Pro WWE Marks

• Anti WWE Marks

Results are only viewable after voting.

akrassikauda

#Evil Empire
We've all heard,read,wrote or said it,Mark(s), Fanboys etc. Now is the time to debate which group of wrestling fans are the biggest annoying,unenjoyable marks. Come strong with the opinions in a non flamming matter to other posters, make your arguments count but stay on the current topic, only post for the option you chose and why you chose said option. There will only be 2 two options at a time to debate over in this elemination style form with 8 overall options to see which people are the biggest marks.

Anti WWE Marks:

Anti WWE marks get on my nerves because of their constant bitching about the product yet they continue to watch. What's so annoying about them is they always say "WWE is trash that's why I'm never watching again" or "If (insert name here) wins I'm not watching" yet these same fools will continue to watch just to bitch abouit the product.

If you've been to that cesspool of stupidity known as the (insert dirt sheet) comment section you've seen the same people complain during a PPV and how it sucks and the product is bad and how or why (insert name here) won over this guy and they're never watching WWE again, then you go bback to that comment section on Monday and see the same people complaining and even on Tuesday complaining about Monday and how this one or that one is gettting buried when they don't even know what that term really means.

The absolute worse part is they will say they'll go over to TNA but if these anti WWE marks really had balls TNA's ratings would've be better when Impact was on Monday nights. That's what bugs me about them, they talk a big game but when it's time to act do nothing but then turn around and bash TNA and continue to watch WWE.

Pick a damn side is what I'm saying if you don't like WWE then don't watch,stop complaining about it week after week after week.

You have it ass backwards. The fans that do watch the WWE Product have every right to complain about the company. I do agree with you when its time for fans to make a difference the anti-WWE fans go and hide. If fans what VKM to change the product start buying merchandise of the talent they want to get a push. I am a wrestling fan and not a fan of just one promotion. I complain about the product of WWE,TNA,and ROH but I still watch and that doesn't make me a hypocrite. It makes me a fan that cares that the product of all three promotions get better. It doesn't have to be what it was like in the late 90's but the product for WWE is stale. I thought we got away from the idea of the top face doing the right thing all of the time. Its just not realistic with how societ works. I will always watch WWE Product and buy merchandise but me watching doesn't mean I have to agree with all the stuff they do and that goes with other promotions I watch. Its like the whole NHL Ratings debate where fans that don't watch the NHL make fun of their ratings. I believe if you don't watch a certain show you can't complain about that show because you are just repeating what you think is cool. Just like with politics you can't complain if you don't vote!

You have it ass backwards. The fans that do watch the WWE Product have every right to complain about the company. I do agree with you when its time for fans to make a difference the anti-WWE fans go and hide. If fans what VKM to change the product start buying merchandise of the talent they want to get a push. I am a wrestling fan and not a fan of just one promotion. I complain about the product of WWE,TNA,and ROH but I still watch and that doesn't make me a hypocrite. It makes me a fan that cares that the product of all three promotions get better. It doesn't have to be what it was like in the late 90's but the product for WWE is stale. I thought we got away from the idea of the top face doing the right thing all of the time. Its just not realistic with how societ works. I will always watch WWE Product and buy merchandise but me watching doesn't mean I have to agree with all the stuff they do and that goes with other promotions I watch. Its like the whole NHL Ratings debate where fans that don't watch the NHL make fun of their ratings. I believe if you don't watch a certain show you can't complain about that show because you are just repeating what you think is cool. Just like with politics you can't complain if you don't vote!

Only one who has it ass backwards is you.

I'm not saying they don't have the right to complain, what I'm saying is shit or get off the pot. If you don't like it stop saying you're done watching then continue to watch it makes you a hypocrite. I don't like reality tv I don't watch, I don't like lima beans I don't eat them. There was a time I didn't like the WWE product so I didn't watch it, but what I did not do is what people today are doing. I don't complain about the current product then call those who enjoy it WWE fanboys or WWE sheep. Don't discourage others if you don't like it, don't call them 5th grade names.

It's your right to complain no doubt, but when you continue to whine about it to others but still watch the product you hate then you lose all merit in my book. Then your just a mark for yourself.

The worst 'marks' on this board by far are the ones who make a forum gimmick out of having to refer to other people as 'marks', in the vain hope that people won't think they are a 'mark'.

So let me get this straight if you watch the product and complain about it that somehow makes that person a hypocrite. So if someone is a NY Giants fan and has multiple jerseys of Eli Manning and watches all of their games but Eli has a bad game and that fan is critical of Manning's play by your standard is a hypocrite and not a fan that is passionate and wants things to improve. The hypocrites are the fans who boo Cena and then go and buys merchandise of Cena for themselves. The other hypocrites as the ones who complain about TNA re-hashing storylines when WWE has been doing it just as long. I beleive if you are a fan of anything and watch that particular product you have the right to complain. WWE Marks constantly rip Heyman and Bischoff the two very people VKM has taken ideas from. If certain WWE fans don't like other fans being critical of the WWE Product then I guess thats too bad. The ones that don't watch regularly and are casual fans are the ones that I don't recognize their opinions. Any idiot can complain about TNA's ratings but if you don't watch TNA then just Shut The "F" Up!

You don't have to be of a specific affiliation to be a blind fanatic. A Christian and an Atheist can be equally antagonistic of the other. You probably think WWE fans are the most antagonistic because for obvious reasons there's more WWE fans than others. They outweigh other fanbases. It doesn't mean they are the worst. The worst would be any kind of fan who doesn't bat an eyelash no matter what is stated.

The worst 'marks' on this board by far are the ones who make a forum gimmick out of having to refer to other people as 'marks', in the vain hope that people won't think they are a 'mark'.

Do you belive the worst marks are pro or anti that's the question if you're not going to answer move on. If your going to snipe at me for trying to start a debate instead of staying on topic move on. There are other threads out there maybe to your liking. Nobody is forcing you to partcipate,I'm not holding a gun to your head and telling you to do anyting so MOVE ON!

This is suppose to be a fun debate don't take it or yourself too serious. So yes it is a gimmick what gave it away. Yes I am a mark we all are because we are on a dirt sheet forum have fun with it or MOVE ON!

Do you belive the worst marks are pro or anti that's the question if you're not going to answer move on. If your going to snipe at me for trying to start a debate instead of staying on topic move on. There are other threads out there maybe to your liking. Nobody is forcing you to partcipate,I'm not holding a gun to your head and telling you to do anyting so MOVE ON!

This is suppose to be a fun debate don't take it or yourself too serious. So yes it is a gimmick what gave it away. Yes I am a mark we all are because we are on a dirt sheet forum have fun with it or MOVE ON!
Here's the great thing about message boards- you don't get to keep control of the conversation once you start it. When you make yet another asinine post about how everyone except you is a mark, someone else can come along and call you on it. Nobody is forcing me to participate, you're right! I'm choosing to participate, but on my own terms. I did answer! You just didn't think that there would be an option #3, which you failed to include in your original poll. I clarified that issue.

For what it's worth, you do seem to be telling me to "MOVE ON" (I'm clearly blowing you off on that), even after immediately saying "I'm not telling you to do anything". If we can get you to give up this "I'm not part of the IWC, I'm different and special" act, then we might actually get something out of this silly 'debate'.

If you don't want to hear what people have to say to you, don't post on a public message board. If you want to control the direction of your posts, start your own message board where you can control the rules of discussion. Until then, I will continue to post here within the rules of the forum. So, you know, eat a dick.

*Moderator Note*

Stay on topic boys and girls. Discuss "marks" and fans in general. Not your liberties to post here.

Who would we be if we didnt complain, right? I think the OP makes some very good points. I'm sure we all find ourselves in that scenario. We get so fustrated with the WWE product because we emotionally invest ourselves in the product. When a storyline doesn't go as WE thought it should and we get swerved, we feel cheated. When wrestler x doesn't win the big one, we get upset. I learned a while ago to just approach the product with low expectations, because when we feel a big angle is sure to happen and change the dynamic of the wrestling landscape... It doesn't.

Yeah, we complain. But that's all part of being a mark. I'm a big mark for the WWE ( since 1985!). When you invest time and money into something, you have every right to complain. Yes mr. OP I am that you speak of.... Just with lower expectations.

Good post. I anticipate pt.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back