The Big Show: Lesnar's next victim?

MartialHorror

Mid-Card Championship Winner
So Lesnar didn't just defeat Cena, it was so one-sided that one almost has to wonder whether Heath Slater somehow possessed John Cena's body and wrestled for him...you know, as stupid as that sounds, it should be noted that it's implied Bray Wyatt did this to Husky Harris so WWE isn't above that.

I personally loved Cena's beatdown on a story level, even if the match itself got dull. But what amuses me is that Brock seemed to have a harder time against the Big Show than against John Cena, even though Big Show has practically made a career of jobbing to Cena

When Show and Lesnar clashed prior to their PPV match, the Big Show dominated every interaction with the announcers freaking out at how Show tossed Lesnar around. Their feud was concluded with Lesnar blatantly cheating in order to bring down the Giant. If memory serves, Big Show was injured (in real life), which is why that match wasn't much of a match. But it still stands out considering how that was only three matches ago for Brock.

So the Big Show seems like a loose end for Lesnar, the only guy he hasn't been able to cleanly conquer this year....which is ironic, as the Big Show put over lesnar during his first run. In fact, The Big Show almost always loses to the more relevant people, so that makes Brock's apparent inability to do so stand out even more. So do you think they're going to have a rematch?

I kind of think they will, but it only depends on how long Lesnar will stick around. If he's not going to show up until Wrestlemania, then there'd be no time to do it. But if he plans on making part-time appearances through every PPV and retains the belt until WW31, I imagine they will do so to feed his reign.

I could definitely see Big Show being fed to Lesnar again especially if Lesnar has to defend his WWE World Heavyweight Championship but if Big Show and Lesnar do go at it again then I could definitely see it happening either at Hell in a Cell 2014 or at Survivor Series 2014 but still we never got to see Big Show get his revenge on Brock for destroying him at the Rumble so these 2 behemoths definitely have to go at it again

I doubt it because, as shown last night, Lesnar's already taken out Big Show earlier this year. As far as a WWE World Heavyweight Championship feud, there's no money in Lesnar vs. Show. The match itself probably wouldn't be all that much to talk about and Lesnar is on a much bigger level than Show that nobody will buy into the notion of Show having a chance in hell of taking the title from him. Even if they did, to be perfectly honest, there aren't very many fans who're anxious to see Show as WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

Given that Lesnar has ultimately decimated Mark Henry and Show himself early on in the year, went onto end The Undertaker's undefeated streak at WrestleMania and handed John Cena the most lopsided loss of his entire career two days ago at SummerSlam, Big Show stopping the beast is extremely anti-climactic. Whomever ultimately stops Lesnar, at least in my opinion, should be someone who can benefit and capitalize from it rather than someone that's 42.5 years old with the peak years of his career behind him.

But even you have to admit Big Show will most likely be fed to Lesnar again especially if Lesnar's title reign lasts up from here until WrestleMania 31 then if Lesnar is going to continue to be the WWE World Heavyweight Champion then yes it is only a matter of time before he faces Big Show again

I highly doubt it. Realistically speaking, Brock Lesnar will probably defend his title 3-4 times before Wrestlemania... That doesn't leave much time for a throwaway feud with the Big Show. Sure the two could probably make it work, but it would be a complete waste when there are so many more viable opponents for Lesnar.

I see Lesnar defending against John Cena at NOC, Batista at SSeries, Daniel Bryan OR Roman Reigns at RR, and Orton or (possibly) Cesaro at EC. I have no clue on what Lesnar's WWE schedule is so this is me just taking a shot in the dark really, but when it comes to Brock and the Big Show, I just don't see a payoff.
Also Jack-Hammer hit the nail on the head when he said Lesnar is in a whole other league than the Big Show right now.

Brock already destroyed Big Show once last year. I know WWE didn't really show it from Lesnar's first run, but he destroyed Show even worse back then than now. Brock only needs to fight established stars and destroy them until Wrestlemania 31 when they decide what to do with him. Big Show is nothing more than enchancement talent and of all people Brock Lesnar does not need credibility built up.

If they don't go the Cena rematch route for Night Of Champions, I could see Orton being the next opponent. It hasn't been done yet on a big stage and if reports are true, WWE has eyed this match since Lesnar's return. Probably could have happened had HHH not hogged Lesnar for a year but whatever. I say Orton at Night Of Champions as the Authority realizes they fucked up by giving the title to Lesnar, they give Orton a shot, Orton gets destroyed, Lesnar leaves until the Rumble where I would have him face Batista at that.

I don't know, they're kind of playing up the Henry/Show tag team. A couple of veterans coming back at once, and forming a seemingly random tag team, I almost wonder if they're going to be fed to Harper and Rowan.

Maybe but I doubt it. It would work fine but it hardly must see. There simply isn't much interest in the Big Show any more. Show is an established name so it won't hurt him being destroyed by Lesnar. It will also make Brock look like a monster but there are a few options that would be much more enjoyable.

Brock already destroyed Big Show once last year. I know WWE didn't really show it from Lesnar's first run, but he destroyed Show even worse back then than now. Brock only needs to fight established stars and destroy them until Wrestlemania 31 when they decide what to do with him. Big Show is nothing more than enchancement talent and of all people Brock Lesnar does not need credibility built up.

If they don't go the Cena rematch route for Night Of Champions, I could see Orton being the next opponent. It hasn't been done yet on a big stage and if reports are true, WWE has eyed this match since Lesnar's return. Probably could have happened had HHH not hogged Lesnar for a year but whatever. I say Orton at Night Of Champions as the Authority realizes they fucked up by giving the title to Lesnar, they give Orton a shot, Orton gets destroyed, Lesnar leaves until the Rumble where I would have him face Batista at that.

Randy Orton vs Brock Lesnar would be an interesting short feud for NoC, and probably would be a good match as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Orton ended up doing much better than Cena managed to do as he is a much more cunning worker than "the Champ".

That said; I expect that Cena will probably return next week and demand a rematch, though I'd love if he didn't come back till after NoC in different attire and a slight tweak in character.

i think that brock lesnars next mach is going to be against batista, he will rtrn prir to royal rumbe and say to HHH wnt my title shot

I hate agreeing with someone who can't even make complete sentences, let alone words, but Batista has already taken to Twitter in response to Lesnar's title win.

I really don't know if they will give Cena his title rematch at NOC. If so, Lesnar has to destroy him as much as he did Sunday. If not, more so.

My worst fear is they had Lesnar win to get more people to sign up for the Network. And now that they have those fans, Cena will get the belt back.

It would be poor booking to have Brock vs Big Show again

-It's already been done and Big Show isn't really over as a main event star at the moment
-It would be wasting the limited appearances Brock has
-The match would be pretty boring / terrible
-It would cheapen the Undertaker's legacy to have him lose like he did at WM then have the Big Show appearing as a more legitimate threat to Brock

The best scenario would be a Batista return and a Batista & Brock fued at Survivor Series

i could see maybe a lesner/henry match just cause they did not actually have a match it was just beat downs. where as lesner and big show did have a match. if you are going to have lesner defend the title its going to be against big wrestlers (i mean big as in other muscular like batista or bigger as in henry) i expect a rematch with cena at NOC first though

Actually thinking bout it now what would a rematch with cena do? cause you can't have cena put up more of a challenge in the rematch just a few weeks after being destroyed (unless u have a no dq match where cena can beat brock down with weapons) and you cant have cena man handled again, so now i am not too sure

It's a weird one because I don't now what it would mean for Cena if he faces Brock at NOC & loses, where does he go from there and how would they book him? he would have to be out of the main event picture for quite a while.

I take it you missed last nighst raw where Harper/Rowan...were fed to them....

as to Big Show Brock I can see it.....IF they actually have Brock have a match on Raw...but wuth his limited dates I doubt it...Heck rather than have RVD go out with two wins I would rather have Seen Brock demand a match since Cena didnt make him break a sweat and put RVD on the shelf last night
I don't know, they're kind of playing up the Henry/Show tag team. A couple of veterans coming back at once, and forming a seemingly random tag team, I almost wonder if they're going to be fed to Harper and Rowan.

Just to be clear, if Big Show and Brock Lesnar were to clash again, I AGREE that Brock would come out on top. My whole point of this thread is they didn't put Lesnar over the Big Show cleanly.

Lesnar conquered the streak and Cena without resorting to cheating, but he can't say the same about the Big Show- hence, why I think it's a loose end. Yeah, Lesnar defeated Show during his original run, but is WWE even acknowledging that? I did find it funny how apparently everyone ignored how Heyman had betrayed Lesnar for Show. This company isn't very concerned with continuity, so his previous wins don't really matter.

But obviously his lack of dates is going to be a problem. Cena, Batista, Reigns, Bryan and the Rock- all potential Lesnar candidates are likely more bankable. It depends on whether Lesnar will show up sporadically every month or every season.

Big Show is nothing more than enchancement talent and of all people Brock Lesnar does not need credibility built up.

You really don't have a clue what the term "enhancement talent" means, do you?

Heath Slater, Titus O'Neil, Darren Young, Sin Cara...those are enhancement talent.

A 7-Time World Champion who has main evented three WrestleManias is not enhancement talent. They could job Big Show to everyone on the roster for five years straight and he still wouldn't be enhancement talent.

You really don't have a clue what the term "enhancement talent" means, do you?

Heath Slater, Titus O'Neil, Darren Young, Sin Cara...those are enhancement talent.

A 7-Time World Champion who has main evented three WrestleManias is not enhancement talent. They could job Big Show to everyone on the roster for five years straight and he still wouldn't be enhancement talent.

That's not entirely true. The Big Show usually wins, but generally against people who aren't as important. When was the last time he actually won a major feud? He lost to Randy and Brock Lesnar within almost a year, his only major storylines.

He's just not as blatant because unlike Slater, Titus, Young and Sin Cara, he wins most matches...just not overarching feuds.

That's not entirely true. The Big Show usually wins, but generally against people who aren't as important. When was the last time he actually won a major feud? He lost to Randy and Brock Lesnar within almost a year, his only major storylines.

He's just not as blatant because unlike Slater, Titus, Young and Sin Cara, he wins most matches...just not overarching feuds.

That doesn't make him enhancement talent. A top talent can be higher or lower on the card any given week, and can win or lose any given match, but that doesn't change their permanent status as a top talent. Big Show is a top talent for life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back