The Big Red Demon

Heartbreak_Kid_707

Championship Contender
I know most of us wanted to see the demon Kane when he came back. I was wanting to see the full mask with debute tights and glove. But I was pleased to see him back like that. And loved it with the drag under the ring!!!

But the whole split personality tonite boggled my mind. Head game with Rollins? I wanted to see him come out and slaughter cena and Rollins big time. Shamus then come and cash on as was planned last night. But I loved the end of raw tonight regardless!!

If they could do an angle where it isn't actually Kane under the mask. Have an NXT guy with the mask, if anyone can resemble Kane. Tease this split personality for a long time then have both Kane and the masked man appear at the same time.

Kane explains that he built a legacy with the mask and it's time to pass on that legacy and then have whoever it is destroy Rollins and kick on taking people apart

Nothing about Kane interests me anymore. It's been the same schtick forever now. Been there done that.

If they could do an angle where it isn't actually Kane under the mask. Have an NXT guy with the mask, if anyone can resemble Kane. Tease this split personality for a long time then have both Kane and the masked man appear at the same time.

Kane explains that he built a legacy with the mask and it's time to pass on that legacy and then have whoever it is destroy Rollins and kick on taking people apart

No..Kane shouldn't "pass on" his gimmick to anyone..We've already seen that Wrestlecrap-ridden(though thankfully short) storyline of Kane vs Kane a number of years ago with the fake Kane being Luke Gallows/Festus...That's a really good indication of how much of a waste Kane "passing on" his gimmick to any wrestler would be. Glen Jacobs made the Kane gimmick work in a way that a random wrestler definitely couldn't replicate. Especially in the late 90s, the timing, psychology and overall mannerisms Jacobs used helped to elevate the Kane character and I seriously doubt some NXT wrestler would be able to even come close to duplicating that.

There should be only one Kane, unless one of Kane's actual kids chooses to become wrestlers they could be written into the Brothers Of Destruction storyline so that it'd make at least SOME sense..Other than that, having a "new Kane" doesn't make any sense to me.

Kane writing Luke Gallows off TV-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvFsjecak24

As far as this supposed Kane/Corporate Kane storyline which is pretty much the Joseph Parks/Abyss storyline TNA used, I'll give it a shot and see if Kane can make that Wrestlecrap split personality angle work out..We'll see..

I can't believe, yet again, we're back to Kane being the focal point of WWE.

He's terrible and should have retired a while ago. The fact it appears we're heading for a PPV main event of Kane vs. Seth Rollins is absolutely pathetic booking on WWE's part.

What a worthless PPV that's going to be.

Nothing about Kane interests me anymore. It's been the same schtick forever now. Been there done that.

Except it's a bit different this time. Some folks like him with a mask, others without.....now, we get it both ways. Glenn Jacobs has some performing ability and we get a chance to see him apply it, although his final appearance before the camera last night suggested the 'split' would be a brief one. Anyone who might be wondering if he 'really' knew he was both characters got their answer in one episode.

Still, the man is so large in size and adaptable in moving from mood to mood that I enjoy watching him. He's had several parts to play....and he plays them well.

This could lead to Brothers of Destruction getting back together.

Who took Kane out? Brock Lesnar.

Who is Undertaker having issues with? Brock Lesnar.

If you want to end the Taker/Lesnar feud at HIAC, have Kane come out. Beat Lesnar down, Taker wins. You protect Brock by having the Brothers of Destruction do a number one him. Sure it would probably be more awesome if Brock destroyed both, showcasing himself as the ultimate beast. It could work. I think.

I don't really know what to make of the split personality aspect of Kane at the moment. I definitely like seeing Demon Kane back in the WWE because Corporate Kane was a complete and utter waste of time. But trying to deny that it wasn't him was a joke to me. It is just a little bit silly to me.

Still, the potential for Kane to be actually entertaining once again is there. It's definitely a step up for Kane after Corporate Kane. I'm not going to damn this storyline right away. It has potential if nothing else. The repercussions for the company as a whole could be massive when you consider his interactions with Rollins and, potentially, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar.

Lets just see.

No..Kane shouldn't "pass on" his gimmick to anyone..We've already seen that Wrestlecrap-ridden(though thankfully short) storyline of Kane vs Kane a number of years ago with the fake Kane being Luke Gallows/Festus...That's a really good indication of how much of a waste Kane "passing on" his gimmick to any wrestler would be. Glen Jacobs made the Kane gimmick work in a way that a random wrestler definitely couldn't replicate. Especially in the late 90s, the timing, psychology and overall mannerisms Jacobs used helped to elevate the Kane character and I seriously doubt some NXT wrestler would be able to even come close to duplicating that.

There should be only one Kane, unless one of Kane's actual kids chooses to become wrestlers they could be written into the Brothers Of Destruction storyline so that it'd make at least SOME sense..Other than that, having a "new Kane" doesn't make any sense to me.

Kane writing Luke Gallows off TV-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvFsjecak24

As far as this supposed Kane/Corporate Kane storyline which is pretty much the Joseph Parks/Abyss storyline TNA used, I'll give it a shot and see if Kane can make that Wrestlecrap split personality angle work out..We'll see..

I wasn't so much meaning the direct version of Kane. I more meant the passing of the mask, to a new contender.

But I think you're right. Going along with the story that no one thinks Kane is playing both rolls sounds like a much better storyline to get involved with. This really looks like it will have a huge payoff at the end when it's revealed Kane was tricking everyone all along 'Yawn'

I wasn't so much meaning the direct version of Kane. I more meant the passing of the mask, to a new contender.

But I think you're right. Going along with the story that no one thinks Kane is playing both rolls sounds like a much better storyline to get involved with. This really looks like it will have a huge payoff at the end when it's revealed Kane was tricking everyone all along 'Yawn'

As stated in my previous post, I don't like this Wrestlecrap-ridden split personality rip-off storyline from the Joseph Park/Abyss angle any more than you do...Also, you failed to realize that by me posting the Kane vs Kane match was because that crowd reaction to Jacobs destroying Gallows was only because they hated the angle from the get-go since it made no sense. The crowd would easily turn on "Kane 2.0" just like they did as soon as Fake Kane made his debut for that atrocious, few week long angle.

I know precisely what you're getting at in having a new wrestler be "Kane 2.0"..I wouldn't be surprised if the fans hated that storyline more than they hated both The Undertaker vs Underfaker and Kane vs Kane storylines combined. As I also originally posted, the only people who should replace(but NOT duplicate) Kane at all should be his actual kids if they chose to be wrestlers, since writing them into the Brothers Of Destruction storyline would at least make some sense.

While your idea is (correct me if I'm wrong) Kane finds a random big man who just came up from NXT, basically tells him "Here's my sacred mask. Kick ass with it since I'm too old to be wrestling anymore". My point is that in the long run, it'd be a complete waste of time. Most fans would probably think "Why is this random NXT rookie being appointed as the new Kane?!" "Just because he's wearing Kane's mask I'm supposed to cheer him as the new Kane!?" and right there they'd have plenty reason to boo Kane 2.0 outta every arena he's in.

Not to mention as I also posted already, Jacobs made the Kane character so intriguing by not saying anything and letting his body language/mannerisms/ring psychology do all the talking for him, which worked very well at least from 97 til 2000 roughly. That's a huge reason why I'm saying "Kane 2.0" wouldn't work..You can't just go out there, try to duplicate a very unique character in Kane and then expect the fans to embrace "Kane 2.0".

Not only would it be very difficult for said NXT rookie big man to duplicate Jacobs' innate ability to let his actions/body language speak for him, Jacobs obviously was a deceptively agile guy despite being roughly 6'9 330lbs. That's another problem with giving some random NXT wrestler the "Kane 2.0" gimmick..There's very few big men as agile as Jacobs was in his prime and the chances of finding a big man in NXT who could duplicate Jacobs' agility, body language and his overall presence to a T is slim to none in chances of actually happening(along with said wrestler actually believing in the Kane gimmick the way Jacobs did, which was another major factor into why the Kane character go over so big during its first few years).

Now, I'll give you an example where a wrestler passing on the gimmick made sense...With Tiger Mask in Japan..Reasons as to why it worked so well for the Tiger Mask character in Japan-not only was Tiger Mask a highly popular Japanese manga comic well before the 1st Tiger Mask came along in 1981 but Tiger Mask had a few other things going for it that made it much easier to pass on the gimmick to another wrestler-All the Tiger Masks have had similar body types, movesets, etc which helped because the continuity was there. Today there's Tiger Mask V who's incorporated more MMA moves into his moveset but still uses original moves the first Tiger Mask used to do. Being that the Tiger Mask character was never so unique that it couldn't be convincingly duplicated by another wrestler also helped tremendously in the long run.

Personally, instead of Kane pulling the Abyss/Joseph Parks angle that he's doing, he should simply be doing what he originally did(along with still chasing Rollins) in that Kane should be a tweener, interfering in random matches and decimating every wrestler(whether heel or face) in the ring. Also, much as I want Lesnar to decisively beat Taker at HIAC so that he can move on, Kane interfering in the HIAC would be worlds better than WWE dragging out the "split personality" Kane bullshit.

The fact it appears we're heading for a PPV main event of Kane vs. Seth Rollins is absolutely pathetic booking on WWE's part.
Agreed. How soon will they finally dump Rollins from the title picture? All joking aside, some of us are a little tired of the same Rollins/Reigns/Ambrose nonsense in the main event and upper card. The whole idea of having a guy like Kane there is to grant some legitimacy. Incidentally, I'm waiting for the day when Ambrose does his little idiotic half-fall out the ropes followed by his rebound, and Kane takes his head off with a big boot.

Kane is there when someone gets their first or second or third wellness strike, or gets injured for the second time in no time flat, or when three other big names will only work part time schedules, or when someone with a massively long title reign thought he was getting the shaft creatively and took his ball home, or when someone has cell phone pics of their junk floating around the internet, or when someone can't keep his big fat yellow and red mouth shut, or when someone simply thinks he's too important to do the job.

From a kayfabe perspective, doesn't it seem a little ridiculous to anyone that we're supposed to magically believe that, for instance, John Cena isn't interested in the big belt any longer, and is happy with the U.S. Title? You need some experience and big name power at the top. Out of all this wonderful new talent we are supposed to embrace, the only one who's got any real experience and paid his dues is Kevin Owens. Daniel Bryan doesn't count, because he's part of the group up top for whom guys like Kane need to fill in.

WWE seems to this type of storyline quite a bit,have a guy that came in and made to look like an unbeatable wrecking machine only to be later turned into a jobbing form of comic relief.Then try to turn him back into the beast like Ryback most recently and Albert with the new Tensai gimmick.

This time around the angle is kind of interesting but would have been much better served bringing in a new young masked beast to destroy Rollins at a pay per view ending leaving us wondering who he is and where he came from.

Then the night after on Raw have a new Authority office stooge bumbling around that is oddly the same massive size as our new beast.

With that said if done properly this Coporate Kane/Monster Kane if handled right could be a nice filler storyline leading into Survivor Series time.

This could lead to Brothers of Destruction getting back together.

Who took Kane out? Brock Lesnar.

Who is Undertaker having issues with? Brock Lesnar.

If you want to end the Taker/Lesnar feud at HIAC, have Kane come out. Beat Lesnar down, Taker wins. You protect Brock by having the Brothers of Destruction do a number one him. Sure it would probably be more awesome if Brock destroyed both, showcasing himself as the ultimate beast. It could work. I think.

That's actually a great idea...or I'd like to see the cell drop and taker and Brock be in. Before the bell rings have Kane tear up from under the Ring..

Both attack Lesnar with a beat down. Then Kane turns around and attacks taker. Set up a double retirement between Kane vs. taker at Wrestlemania..

Just a thought...

Demon Kane's crowd reaction at Night of ChAmpions says it all. Nobody cared when his pyro went off, nobody cared when he choke slammed Rollins and Sheamus then tombstoned Rollins.

The dead crowd shows how much people are tired of the Big Red Machine. Now we're stuck with this feud again. Week after boring week.

Agreed. How soon will they finally dump Rollins from the title picture? All joking aside, some of us are a little tired of the same Rollins/Reigns/Ambrose nonsense in the main event and upper card. The whole idea of having a guy like Kane there is to grant some legitimacy. Incidentally, I'm waiting for the day when Ambrose does his little idiotic half-fall out the ropes followed by his rebound, and Kane takes his head off with a big boot.

Kane is there when someone gets their first or second or third wellness strike, or gets injured for the second time in no time flat, or when three other big names will only work part time schedules, or when someone with a massively long title reign thought he was getting the shaft creatively and took his ball home, or when someone has cell phone pics of their junk floating around the internet, or when someone can't keep his big fat yellow and red mouth shut, or when someone simply thinks he's too important to do the job.

From a kayfabe perspective, doesn't it seem a little ridiculous to anyone that we're supposed to magically believe that, for instance, John Cena isn't interested in the big belt any longer, and is happy with the U.S. Title? You need some experience and big name power at the top. Out of all this wonderful new talent we are supposed to embrace, the only one who's got any real experience and paid his dues is Kevin Owens. Daniel Bryan doesn't count, because he's part of the group up top for whom guys like Kane need to fill in.

Not only that but trotting out opponents for him like Sting... or Kane... I mean, WWE wants to act like they know the audience isn't dumb and yet, we're expected to believe Sting can actually win the title? No. He isn't working a full schedule to warrant a title reign. Or Kane is going to be the face of the business for a while as he holds the belt?

They can't even write this and book this so Seth has opponents where he can realistically lose the belt to at least give off the impression it might be coming?

Furthermore, I know Reigns is fully entrenched in the Wyatt thing but when does he get his shot? Ambrose got his, Reigns hasn't feuded with Rollins yet since the break up of the Shield.

Simply filler for Rollins (as was Sting) to allow for those bubbling underneath to get some extra heat; Rollins will face fresher opponents, likely between Survivor Series and Wrestlemania.

Slightly different scenario, purely because the two in question were far superior workers and hadn't been around for as long, but don't forget that John Cena's first feuds as WWE Champion were Chris Jericho (when everyone was clamouring for it to be Christian) immediately followed by Kurt Angle. Both had been main eventing ppvs since 2000, and fought Cena in the second half of 2005.

Point is, WWE's method of establishing new main eventers is often to pit them against already established main eventers before bringing fresh blood to the fold.

As for the current Kane storyline, I like it, and am intruiged to see how they develop it; I'm also not at all against the likely Kane v Rollins title match at HIAC, as long as it doesn't take place IN the cell.

so Seth has opponents where he can realistically lose the belt to at least give off the impression it might be coming?
Realistically, they have it all backwards. Cena should be involved in the title picture. Note, Cena haters, that doesn't mean winning it. It would add more legitimacy than any of the other veterans can. Let the new guys battle over the lower titles and work their way up. That's a little more traditional, in my view. At least they do book Cena to defend it regularly on TV.

With Kane, though, he could certainly be booked as a threat. They've done it before, and he can carry the strap in a pinch. And no, I couldn't see Sting winning unless he was going to be fodder for Seamus minutes later. As for Reigns, being in a story against the Wyatts isn't necessarily a bad place. It's got potential for a good storyline, but if they want Reigns to get more cheers, they had better set him against real, hated heels. For whatever reason, when it came to Reigns and Cena, the Texas Raw crowd seemed rather generous.

I think when Kane retires which will be so I reckon hope not I've always been a fan and he has a lot left in him, have Finn Balor debut then but not as a Kane 2.0 but as the demon king that he has been doing and have Kane as a manager prob be better off if Finn had a mouthpiece from day one.
It would make sense as the current incarnation of Kane is demon Kane and Finn Balor is known as the demon when he has the body paint

I have to say, in terms of creativity, the Demon Kane/Corporate Kane storyline is one of their best in quite some time, though be it a cartoonish one. This being said, it's too bad they put it as a main event angle. If the high-ish mid-card, it could have lasted for a while. But for the world title, it's a waste, as there's nobody out there who thinks that damn near 50 Glen Jacobs is going to win the title from their golden boy.

I have to say, in terms of creativity, the Demon Kane/Corporate Kane storyline is one of their best in quite some time, though be it a cartoonish one. This being said, it's too bad they put it as a main event angle. If the high-ish mid-card, it could have lasted for a while. But for the world title, it's a waste, as there's nobody out there who thinks that damn near 50 Glen Jacobs is going to win the title from their golden boy.

Uh... me... I do. Because as fans that's what we are supposed to believe. I don't look at Kane as being a 50 year old grandfather. I see him as an unstoppable monster that WWE has done really well in the last few shows to look really good. And Kane is the face going into this match. It makes sense for him to win. Will he though? Probably not. But if he does and gets the title if only for a few moments if that's Sheamus's cue to cash in the briefcase, then I'm fine with that too.

This feud is shaping up to be one of the best WWE has run in a long time. And I'm enjoying it.

Yeah true. Kane deserves the push. He paid his dues. I recall him putting over Ryback, Reigns, etc over the past year. I just wish he was just a monster, not an Abyss rip off.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Kane get one more shot at a world championship, I don't think that's what his latest program is leading to.

Instead, I believe this is a program of 'character performance' rather than ring results.

Kane is playing this 'split personality' role that seems to be directed more at messing with Seth Rollins' head than trying to take his title.

Two potential problems: First, where was the whole mess this past Monday? They've got to strike while the irons are hot to make it all effective. Second, I hope the two Authority kingpins (Mr. & Mrs. Levesque) don't get in the way too much. The whole idea could be washed away if they start 'legislating' between Kane & Seth. They should stand aside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back