The Best...Movie Featuring Jackie Chan

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
I might as well go into the next one of these considering how they are getting to be succesful. So the next topic I want to discuss is the best movie featuring Jackie Chan. I definetly have a clear cut idea on which one I think is the best however I ask the question. So without further ado the best movie featuring Jackie Chan.

Rush Hour 2

I'm being precise here in saying that this is his best movie. It shows comedy and adventure with also having the serious parts. Chan and Tucker are very good together and I think this is Chan's finest moment. I think this beats out some of the other movies he has done because of how memorable Chan is throughout the entire film. This personally is my favorite movie that Chan is in and I think the plot line is what makes it better then the other Rush Hour movies. I persoanlly really enjoy it and I think it is his best work.

But what is your favorite.

So many Jackie Chan films and so many fight scenes. I think personally I like Drunken Master II the best. The final fight is so epic, especially when he falls into the hot coals. His poses are hilarious and his style and moves were so fast back then. He's lost a lot of his flexibility and smoothness which is to be expected as he must be near 60 if not over. Great movie though.

[YOUTUBE]I5yk7gkwnyM[/YOUTUBE]

Drunken Master II is highly overrated. It has some very good fight scenes, but overall it gets a "meh" from me. The story wasn't strong, and the fact that they never released the Cantonese version in the states with English subtitles pisses me off to no end. I fucking hate having to watch dubbed movies, and Drunken Master II was no exception.

Anyway, I am a HUGE Jackie Chan fan. I would say I've seen about 50% of his filmography (which doesn't sound like much, but trust me... those are a lot of fucking movies). And the best out of the bunch, bar none, is Police Story.

Police-Story-poster.jpg

This movie contains both Jackie Chan's greatest acting and stunts (Jackie also directed the movie as well). Not one or the other, but both. And the movie contains the best story Chan's ever been involved in. It's funny, dramatic, and absolutely breathtaking... it's one of the greatest movies ever made, period. Top 3 greatest action flick, and top 50 greatest film period. If you have never seen it, please do yourself a favor and watch it immediately. The entire movie is on Youtube, both the dubbed version and the original Cantonese version with English subtitles. You will not regret it.

All the sequels to Police Story are fantastic as well, and I would say 2 through 4 would all make the top 10 of Jackie's greatest films.

Another Jackie Chan movie that should get some love is Wheels on Meals, which contains not only Jackie's greatest fight scene to date, but the greatest fight scene in movie history:

[YOUTUBE]R2Wrxc2iQfI[/YOUTUBE]​

Project A, Armour of God, Dragons Forever, Miracles, Twin Dragons, Mr. Nice Guy, Who Am I?, Gorgeous, and Rob-B-Hood are all other TERRIFIC Jackie Chan flicks. I could go on and on about the guy and his movies... it's remarkable the amount of truly great movies this guy has starred in. But, out of them all... Police Story is without a doubt the absolute best work he's ever done. Please check it out.

Another Jackie Chan movie that should get some love is Wheels on Meals, which contains not only Jackie's greatest fight scene to date, but the greatest fight scene in movie history:

I found that fight scene to be very boring. Not to knock your opinion, it's your right to have one but it definitely wasn't for me. I do like Police Story though. Great movie. I also was a fan of Rumble in the Bronx. It had some shit acting in it but if I was being completely honest I'm not watching Jackie Chan films for the terrific Oscar winning acting, I'm watching it for the f*cking fight scenes.

Definitely Rush Hour (the original).It was like the east meets west.Jackie Chan was at his best.With the right mix hilarious comedy from Chris Tucker and the seriuousness and kucg fu action from Jackie,it became a classic.

Well my favorite movie from Jackie Chan is "Shanghai Noon" and "Shanghai Knights".
This is almost a classic movie for me, I really love this movie.
Good script and good cast here, but Jackie really clicked me in these movies, maybe more in the first one.
It's funny, and has a lot of action scenes with Jackie Chan, I would be glad to see a third one.
Owen Wilson and Jackie Chan have a good chemistry and their are both very known worldwide, and I think that was a launch for stardom.

Recently: The Karate Kid deserves a mention because everything in that movie just flows perfectly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back