• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Basham Brother's To T.N.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
The current plan in TNA is to bring in Doug Basham and Damaja (formerly known as Danny Basham) as a new heel tag team to be managed by Christy Hemme to feud with the Voodoo Kin Mafia.

In the long run in her feud with VKM, Hemme is expected to turn heel. The idea is that the male audience can't get a girl, and certainly not one that looks like her, so therefore they want to see hot women being degraded, with Kip James representing the males in the audience.

In her tuxedo match with "The Fat Oily Guy" at Against All Odds, the idea was to get Kip over as a face and Christy as a heel. Russo's original script called for BG James to cover up Hemme with a towel after she had been stripped, but he refused. He said that if the idea is for VKM to be faces, putting a towel over Hemme would turn him heel.

I've heard that they can do so much more than they were allowed to do in WWE. From what I've read in Power Slam there both decent wrestler's. And Doug is meant to be awesome on the mic.

Well they'll definitely have to show that in TNA then, cause I don't see anything from their WWE career. If they can put on a good match with VKM, then they are talented for sure. Hope they're given an opportunity to do so.

Hopefully these will be a useful addition to the TNA roster.

Will be interesting to see if they 'do a christian' with them.

Hopefully these will be a useful addition to the TNA roster.

Will be interesting to see if they 'do a christian' with them.

Dont think TNA is dumb enough to do that again

I hope they put them in some match ups with more talented teams like sonjay and lethal or LAX at least for a couple of matches so there talent can be seen, before they are pushed through a match with VKM, Because if were gonna be honest VKM are past it and cant put on a good match and after Team 3d's first match against LAX i started to think the same of them , but then they picked it up again straight away, i havent seen anything from either of VKM in last year that i have been impressed with.

What are you talking about man, VKM is absolutely capable of putting on a great match, maybe you haven't been seeing what I have from them in TNA.

I never really saw much of the Basham Brothers, just saw them as another jobber tag team to fill in match times. Oh wait, didn't they win the tag titles though? Jesus that says alot about what was once the best tag division in the world.

I'm hoping TNA uses these guys to push into the tag team scene, because it's looking pretty frail right now with just VKM, Team 3D, and LAX pretty much making up the division. Here's to hoping we see some good action from these guys.

the basham bros. would be a great addition to tna. they could bring some great talent to the tna locker room. im hoping they place them with the nwa tag team championships.

I excited about the Bashems being brought into TNA, I think that they could revive the weak tag division they have over their, they need to go out and recruit some new tag teams, right now all they got is VKM, LAX, Team 3D, and Serotonin(who have seemingly disapeared off the face of the earth), if they are really pressed they could put Leathal and Sonjay together, and then they got Roode and Young aswell, but really they need more teams

I think the basham brothers would be a great addition to help build TNA's tag team division. TNA needs it since they killed AMW, Styles and Daniels, and I think The Naturals are gone.. not 100% on that.

I think the basham brothers would be a great addition to help build TNA's tag team division. TNA needs it since they killed AMW, Styles and Daniels, and I think The Naturals are gone.. not 100% on that.

I'm pretty sure that the Naturals are done, but TNA was never really clear on that, and a few weeks ago one of them was in a match and still wearing the naterals tights, with the Franchise trying to get them back, so who knows what's going on their

What are you talking about man, VKM is absolutely capable of putting on a great match, maybe you haven't been seeing what I have from them in TNA

Its more Kip than BG, he just seems like a proper oaf in the ring.

I'm pretty sure that the Naturals are done

I hope so, they were a good team but no matter how hard they tried they couldnt get over with the crowd.

The Bashams should feud with Team 3D for a while then feud with LAX.

I dont want this to turn into another VKM thread but they suck. It's not 1998 anymore. The New Age Outlaws sucked then and they suck now. The only decent feud they had was with Cactus Jack & Chainsaw Charlie. If you're in any sort of hardcore match with Mick Foley & Terry Funk you're going to struggle to have a bad match. B.G. James has got plenty of charisma, and he's very entertaining on the mic. Average wrestler though. Billy Gunn has no charisma. He was in a feud with The Rock. The greatest talker of the past 10 year's and not even he could make him look good. And The Rock put over The Hurricane.

What are you talking about man? The New Age Outlaws were probably the best tag team the WWF ever had. Whenever those guys came out the house got torn down from the great mic skills of BG and contrary to what you and others may believe, the great wrestling of Billy Gunn/Kip James. The guy was always one of my favorites even when he was a heel, great charisma, and his feud with the Rock was fantastic. Not to mention when they broke up the feud between Road Dogg and Billy Gunn, and jesus do you remember when they reunited? People were going crazy! These guys are just classic personas and were great wrestlers. Right now they aren't nearly as good as they used to be because of their age and I agree they should probably step down, but I think they got atleast another run in the WWE left in them(even though it probably will never happen.)

But yeah, lets not turn this into a VKM thread. Just wanted to reply.

Just thought I'd pass along, the Bashams made their TNA debut at the Louisville house show on 4/20 with Doug accompanied by the Damaja losing to Rhino in a "derby City" Street Fight

The Damaja is the better of the two, Hes kinda like a raven type character, Ive seen a few OVW tapes and was pretty impressed.

Also, TNA haters really couden't say that TNA is just using ex-WWE stars when the Bashams are young,fresh and full of potential. The match with VKM might not be amazing but atleast it will get them off to a good start.

Doug Basham made his debut for TNA last night in a house show match against Rhino. Apparently it was a really good match.

Will be interesting how they use him though. This will be a good addition to the TNA roster IMO though, I always enjoyed these guys in the WWE and I like them though and hopefully they will prove and work hard in TNA then. This could be very great though I would like to see them go for the belts though, but that's good then if Doug and Rhino had a good match I would of liked to have seen that but I hope they get in a good fued and get used right but other than that im pretty pumped about it though.

I don't know if their derby city street fight was good, because the guy on spotlight wouldn't keep the damn place lit up. We must have chanted "I PAID MONEY!" for 5 minutes before he finally put them on spotlight. It was fine when they were in the ring but when they went into the crowd we didn't see a thing, didn't even know they we're in the crowd until he finally spotlighted them. What I saw was ok, but I personally couldn't get myself to care about seeing the bashams. There was an "OVW" chant at the beginning of the match.

The Basham Brothers is definitely going to add to the tag team division of TNA. A division that has been lacking as of late. They have lost AMW, a classic tag team that were on the best, The Naturals, I wont blame TNA for the loss of the Naturals though because Naturals didnt seem to get heat from the crowd which was there fault despite help from Shane Dogalus and most recently they lost The Diamonds in the Rough with the release of Elix Skipper. I have always been a fan of the Bashams in ring work and there last tag title run in WWE. They had a good match with Eddie and Rey Rey when they lost. I think I've seen Damaja before or a form of him on heat. He had some crazy make up and was very good. This VKM/Christy feud has been dying down as of late. I havent seen a angle between the two in a while which isnt that bad either imo. It was running dry but lets see if they can heat things up going into sacrifice.

I really do despise VKM, especially Kipper, i Hope TNA do the right thing and let the bashams absolutely dominate VKM at sacrifice.

I have never seen the bashams perform in any other situation that WWE, i saw Damaja in an OVW match once but i dont remember much of it. They seem ok and i hope there style in WWE was because WWE watered down there style, not just because they were a little drab.

Very impressive debut last night on impact i must add....

They seemed to be on form and on there marks perfectly.

Crowd booed quite badly though and no one seemed to recgonise them.

Aw well they should hopefully pull VKM through a half way decent match at Sacrifice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back