• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The American Dream to be "Killed"?

Ticked Off Texan

Pre-Show Stalwart
WWE Results Page said:
Also, Randy Orton went out of his way to introduce himself to Cody Rhodes, son of WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes. After Randy told Cody he could be just like Orton in surpassing the talent of previous generations, Cody warned the Legend Killer to stay away from his father, to which Orton responded by slapping the “American Dream” before walking away. Later on, Dusty announced to Orton, “I want you to meet me in that ring next week,” leaving our fans to wonder and imagine what the Hall of Famer has in store for the cocky Legend Killer.

I didn't see last nights RAW but from what I read on the results page it sounds like Dusty Rhodes is going to be another victim of the RKO. Another legend killed or is it just a way for WWE to get Cody Rhodes into the WWE?
Your thoughts.

I hope so. I hate Dusty Rhodes. He's a good promo but I hate his matches. There all the same. Hopefully his son doesn't take after him. I dont think this is a good way to introduce Cody. I dont think that Orton should loose to him, and I dont think Cody should loose this early into his career. Nobodys going to give a fuck about that match. Just because he's Dusty's dad doesn't mean that he's going to be as popular as his dad.

I have heard alot of good things about Cody. But lets face it, success isnt the one word I would describe Dustys kids carrers. Take a look at Goldust for example haha. But I think Orton will beat up Dusty after he wins the match and Cody will come down, thus bringing him into the WWE spotlight.

I just watched the Dusty Rhodes DVD the other day and this is very similar to how Dustin got brought into the wwf. Money INC had a rivarly with Dusty and beat up his son. Dustin then got trained by his dad then beat Dibiase.

I just hope WWE are rehashing old storylines but this is wwe. The most predictable show on TV.

IMO,this is only a way to put over Randy Orton on his Legend Killer gimmick, so he can says that he finished the careers of half of the HoF, leading only to a Triple H return,saying that he is the biggest legend and he is not going to be killed.blah blah blah.... and Orton get slaughtered by Triple H.

Originally posted by Y 2 Jake:
...I dont think this is a good way to introduce Cody. I dont think that Orton should loose to him, and I dont think Cody should loose this early into his career. Nobodys going to give a fuck about that match...
couldnt agree more, nobodys going to watch a match between Orton and Coddy, no matter if Dusty interferes on it. That could be the worst way to introduce another Rhodes in the wrestling world.

I think the WWE is trying to kill two birds with one stone here. Dusty Rhodes will be the next legend for Orton to plow over, which, I think is a good idea for the Legend Killer character. Unfortunately, this looks like it might be a lead in to Cody's debut. I do not think this is a smart way to introduce someone who has so much potential. It's obvious that Orton is going to be one of the top guys for many years to come, so throwing Cody into a program with him is career suicide.

idt cody will get too involved in the storyline or match. i think hel probably just beat up cody, i mean from what i understand, he hasnt even been around for very long, so i doubt theyr bringing himup already. its just an orton push right now. cody will likely debut on ecw as a face. ecw like all other brands needs a face, and itd be perfect for cody to start there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back