The All Things Dexter Thread

Frank the Frowner

Getting Noticed By Management
dexter.jpg

God, I love this show. The two seasons they've put on were nothing short of amazing, and for me, it's must-watch television. Dexter Morgan is a forensic blood-spatter analyst for the Miami PD, but he's also a serial killer. The twist is that he only kills people who deserve it (i.e. other killers who cheat the legal system).

Season three is going to be amazing. Jimmy Smits is joining the cast, and the new head writer used to write for The Shield. Considering that's another favorite show of mine, I'm excited more than ever for this season.

If you want to know a little bit more about the show, here you go:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_(TV_series)

If you want to check it out, just google it... I'm not sure what the rules are for linking to streaming video, but it's definitely out there.

What do you guys think about the upcoming season?

I am absolutely jacked (that means excited) for the upcoming season. Season one set a huge standard and left you wondering if they could go anywhere from there. Season two then went on to top it. Honestly, that season long storyline seemed like it should have been the final season because it was what I think is the best possible story for this show. How will they top it? I don't know, but season three more than likely won't disappoint.

Season two of Dexter was the most I have been into a TV show. I don't have Showtime so I downloaded it on iTunes. I watched the final five episodes in a row (even missing class). That, plus Lila being mega hot made me love season two even more than one. The expectations are high, lets hope the at least come close to delivering.

Did someone say .... DEXTER?

OMG, this show kicks ass. I love the storyline, it's so compelling and a cut from the norm. It has everything that you would expect to see on a detective drama and then it crosses the line. I love the plot twists that come along and how he battles to come to grips with who he is and who he needs to be. And the ending to last season was spectacular. I never saw it coming. All I can say is that I can't wait for the upcoming season and only have cable because of this show and Weeds, as HBO no longer has anything to offer that is entertaining.

LONG LIVE DEXTER!

I'm going to miss Doakes a lot. He was such a great character, because in addition to being such a badass, he was also hysterical. I really hope they find a way to incorporate him into the show this season, whether in flashbacks, or kind of in the way Brian appeared to Dexter in the beginning of season 2, where he has a major attack of conscience over the way the end of season one panned out.

I wonder if Lundy will be making a return at some point. He always seemed like he's the type of guy who knows that everything isn't all that it seems. LaGuerta, who holds Dex in such a high regard, might also get suspicious of the circumstances of Doakes' death, especially where she knew he was trying to get the blood slides analyzed.

Also, Showtime's main site has the season 3 trailer up, and it just made me pissed off that September is still 2 months away.

So one episode in, what do you guys think so far?

Personally, the flow of the show felt kind of off for me, because of the fact that Doakes wasn't there, and he wasn't even mentioned.

Jimmy Smits's character is already awesome though, and he's already owning his role in one episode. I will admit that I pretty much said out loud "Oh shit..." when he questioned Dexter for looking up his brother in the database for criminal records.

I also think that he's very much onto Dexter, by either being suspicious of him, or possibly even knowing that he had something to do with the death of his brother, in between the "Now I know how he died" comment and the fact that he invited Dexter to his wake, "to see how much he was truly loved".

The first episode really set the tone for the season and I can't to see how it plays out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back