The 6 Week UFC drought

scottyshowman82

Getting Noticed By Management
My dad and I have been UFC fans since the very beginning and have been hardcore since Anderson Silva beat Rich Franklin for the title in 2006. The UFC has been chugging out pay per views one after the other quite consistently over the past few years. Sometimes there is a bit of a lag but I can't remember one like this especially after the sport has been so hot with the move to Fox and such great events in Japan and Australia. What's even worse is Strikeforce won't have an event until May.

What happened?

Well at least there's the Ultimate Fighter Cruz vs Faber (which has been very good from what I seen). We started watching the Bellator shows which had a stellar fast and furious main event last week with Lloyd Woodard besting Patricky Freire. I also may have to break out some old UFC and Pride collection DVDs to tide me over until John Jones and Rashad Evans clash.

What have you been watching to tide your during this uncharacteristic UFC drought?

I've been watching re-runs of The Ultimate Fighter season 6,7,8 and now 9 on FuelTV down here in Australia. We also have UFC Wired which show classic matches which is pretty awesome cause i've only gotten into the UFC since last year.

I have UFC 1-139 and all the seasons of the TUF so far cept for season 14!! For Nostalgia i watch Chuck V Wandy!! Wanderlei Silva is the one fighter that i have the utmost respect for!! That dude is badass and always brings it. Win or lose he brings it!!

This 6 week layoff is kinda of a good thing!! Sometimes they have two PPv's a month and that can get quite expensive!! I do wanna watch the Rashad V Jon Jones fight but the rest of the card is not very good.

Plus thanks to Alistar overeem UFC 146 may not have a title fight after all! In case no one has heard Alistar has tested positive for T/E!! What that means is his testosterone was 10 times its normal rate!! Hoping his B sample comes back clean if not then Alistar may not be with the UFC leaving Junior without an opponent!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back