The 2009 WZPTT, Round Two: BOOM Is An Understatement vs. The People

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
2nd Round Of The 2009 WZ Posters Tag Tournament

Match 2:
BOOM Is An Understatement (IrishCanadian25 and Polley:Wanna_Cracker) vs. The People (Fizzywink and Richard)

tromaville.png

Special Guest Referee:
Warren Jeffs
jeffs_mugshot.jpg

This is the thread to place votes for the second-round match-up of BOOM Is An Understatement vs. The People. All votes placed between 10:24 PM EDT on 19 April 2009 and 10:24 PM EDT on 22 April 2009 will be tallied to determine the outcome of this match.

Sorry Richard and Fizzy, I love you guys but if the vote is based who is the bettr posters you cant really go past IC or Polley.

BOOM Is An Understatement

I like Richard and Fizzywink, but IC is the one of the best thread starters here, not to mention the fact that he is an admin. The people are great, but they are edged out by experience here, so I vote Boom is an understatement.

Vote: The People

Polley is gone, and IC25 doesn't need this win anyway ;) While Richard is a great talent, and Fizzywink is starting to improve.

As a member of the British public - and thus a nation that has paid the price of Irish nationalism severely over the years - I must complain about the name of 'BOOM is an understatement'. It seems to imply that the loss of lives at the hands of the Irish Republic Army, and with the support of such political institutions as Sinn Fein and the Gaelic Athletics Association, are something to be joked about.

Indeed, it is still less offensive than whatever that other name was. Something to do with car bombs, conveniently explained away as the name of a drink.

This is therefore a protest vote: The People.

As a member of the British public - and thus a nation that has paid the price of Irish nationalism severely over the years - I must complain about the name of 'BOOM is an understatement'. It seems to imply that the loss of lives at the hands of the Irish Republic Army, and with the support of such political institutions as Sinn Fein and the Gaelic Athletics Association, are something to be joked about.

Indeed, it is still less offensive than whatever that other name was. Something to do with car bombs, conveniently explained away as the name of a drink.

This is therefore a protest vote: The People.

It was "The Irish-Canadian Carbombs" which is like an Irish Car Bomb with Seagrams VO Canadian Whiskey in place of the Jameson, still mixed with Baileys.

"BOOM is an understatement" was our slogan. No clue how it came to be out team name, but whatev.

Sammy and Jake, seeing as I am feeling particularly proud this AM, I'll gladly take this into the Chit Chat section...

I've just eaten. What you don't know about me is that I'm often peeling something whilst talking to you good people on the internet.

You think that because I'm English and I have no tersticles I can't afford malt vinegar? FUCK YOU IRISH, FUCK YOU.

Vote: BOOM Is An Understatement

I honestly don't know much from Fizzy, and Richard cost me a title in OCW. Polley is gone, but IC25 takes this one.

Vote: BOOM Is An Understatement

IC is awesome. Can't go against him

Im gonna have to go with........
Vote:The People
Irish is solid but i havent seen anything of note from PWC. Wereas Fizzy is a decent up and coming poster and richard is solid enough in his own right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back