• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The 15 Reasons Nitro Failed List

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
So WWE Magazine listed their own 15 reasons why WCW Nitro failed, and WCW in general for that matter. WHat I'd like is some reaction - whether or not you agree or disagree with any or all of the reasons they listed.

15. Tony Schiavone
14. nWo 2000
13. Anti-American Jim Duggan
12. Chavo Guerrero & Pepe
11. Vince Russo in the Pope Mobile
10. Matches in the Mall of America
09. Finger Poke of Doom (Kevin Nash drops to the mat to lose his title after Hulk Hogan pokes him on 1/4/99 Nitro)
08. The Magnificent Seven (2001 faction consisting of Ric Flair, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Jeff Jarrett, Lex Luger, Buff Bagwell and Road Warrior Animal)
07. "Crazy" Ric Flair
06. New Blood vs. The Millionaires
05. Steve "Mongo" McMichael
04. Disco Inferno (pictured)
03. One Warrior Nation (short-lived 1998 faction consisting of Ultimate Warrior and The Disciple a.k.a. Brutus Beefcake)
02. Misfits in Action (2000 faction consisting of Hugh Morrus, Lash LeRoux, The Wall, Chavo Guerrero, Booker T, Tylene "Major Gunns" Buck and Vam Hammer)
01. David Arquette

Feel Free to either take one or two points and explain why you agree or disagree, or (if you're feeling ambitious) copy and paste the 15 and react to each one in detail.

I personally think Tony Schiavone should be higher, just due to the mind blowing stat of how many people switched channels when he announced Foley's title win and how WCW never truly recovered.

i'm sure Disco Inferno is meant as a joke and really they mean no harm, but still, probably shouldn't be on that list. it was a good gimmick.

if anything should be on that list that isn't, it probably should be wcw's inability to properly count when it came to the goldberg win streak. how someone goes from 17-0 to something like 32-0 in a week's time is utterly baffling to me, unless he wrestled roughly three matches a day on 'off days' between tapings.

that and three-quarter of the nWo members should be on that list. like, seriously...Vincent?

This has got to be the most absurd, bias and ridiculous list/article I've ever seen.

It seems to me it is just a typical WWE shot to past competition. Tony Schiavone was a good announcer.

Inferno actually contributed to WCW's demise? Are WWE actually saying that to me? What's up with that, that's just rediculous...

What killed WCW was the fact they had heavy competition, WWF had Austin/McMahon, 'taker and Kane, what did WCW have in the end? A long drawn out umbrella angle in the NWO that run its course. Good at first, but there's only so long the NWO could keep WCW Nitro on that top spot.

The final shot was the AOL Time Warner merger.

The WWE is pathetic, honestly. Instead of acknowledging that WCW nearly put them out of business, they like to keep the shovel out and throw dirt on the grave. This is the most ridiculous, lopsided thing I have ever scene.

15. Tony Schiavone
Um ya, coming from the company that has Cole and Coach as an announcing duo, had a terrible announcer in JBL, Tazz, and the worst of the worst Vince McMahon behind the mic calling matches. Shiavone is annoying, but there are much, much worse the WWE has produced.

14. nWo 2000
DX 2006 anybody? Possibly the most pathetic group ever, outside of the Spirit Squad. Sure the NWO angle has been milked to death, but it didn't keep the WWE from resurecting it again and building their biggest pay per view of the year around their return.

Yes, because a guy can never change his gimmick. Let's not forget that Duggan had been working the same gimmick for 15 years. Everyone gets a gimmick change, plain and simple. Instead of firing guys, how about try something new with them. Anyone remember Heel Eugene? Lets all be pissed at a ******.

La Resistance and Fifi, Mae Young giving birth to a hand, Al Snow and Head, Mankind and Mr. Socko, The British Bulldogs and Matilda, Perry Saturn and Moppy...

Vince McMahon hiding behind a glass window in Chicago at Judgment Day 1998. The countless stupid vehicle destructions the WWE has produced. See a pattern yet, everything the WWE has made a point on, they had done it a hundred times in it's own variation?

Coming from a company whose flagship program started off in a ballroom, yup, that holds a ton of weight.

09. Finger Poke of Doom (Kevin Nash drops to the mat to lose his title after Hulk Hogan pokes him on 1/4/99 Nitro)

Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels for the European Title. It's been done before, and the Fingerpoke of Doom is the most overly exagerated Death of WCW angle I have ever heard. It bears no weight.

08. The Magnificent Seven (2001 faction consisting of Ric Flair, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Jeff Jarrett, Lex Luger, Buff Bagwell and Road Warrior Animal)
U.N.I.O.N.

07. "Crazy" Ric Flair
Paranoid Steve Austin in 2001. You take the biggest bad ass in the history of the business and you turn him into a cry baby, attention ****e, um ya.

Hahaha. Look to Wrestlemania 23. New Breed vs. the ECW Originals. Honestly, what the hell is wrong with having a new guys vs. Old guys feud. Hell they did it again last year with Rated RKO vs. DX.

Yes, coming from the company that built Wrestlemania 11 around Lawrence Taylor vs. Bam Bam Bigelow. The freaking biggest pay per view of the year and you put a fucking non wrestler in it? That's worse then anything WCW ever did.

Hmm, too easy. Rikishi, Val Venis, Naked Mideon, Repo Man, Doink, Bastion Booger, Duke the Dumpster Drose, The Goon, Knuckle Ball Schwartz...

03. One Warrior Nation (short-lived 1998 faction consisting of Ultimate Warrior and The Disciple a.k.a. Brutus Beefcake)

See U.N.I.O.N.

02. Misfits in Action (2000 faction consisting of Hugh Morrus, Lash LeRoux, The Wall, Chavo Guerrero, Booker T, Tylene "Major Gunns" Buck and Vam Hammer)
I must say, I agree with this one, very dumb idea.

01. David Arquette
Really going out on a limb with this one. But if you're really really looking for bad celebrities, try watching Wrestlemania 1 or 2 without turning them off at least once. Really, celebrity announcers, terrible idea.

It's just more WWE bullshit. Really, the WWE is irrelevant when it comes to "history" of wrestling and their opinion.

I know, totally, there was nothing wrong with Russo in the popemobile. It made him look more heel and wimpy and let's face it was actually pretty funny looking at the image. A lot of the 2000 stuff with the NWO wasn't bad either, a decent way to get that stale angle back in shape, along with other things from that era.

Like you said, another way of WWE just not acknowledging real facts like them nearly putting WWF out of business and stuff of that nature. Simply pathetic and another attempt and rewriting the history books.

The WWE is pathetic, honestly. Instead of acknowledging that WCW nearly put them out of business, they like to keep the shovel out and throw dirt on the grave. This is the most ridiculous, lopsided thing I have ever scene.

15. Tony Schiavone
Um ya, coming from the company that has Cole and Coach as an announcing duo, had a terrible announcer in JBL, Tazz, and the worst of the worst Vince McMahon behind the mic calling matches. Shiavone is annoying, but there are much, much worse the WWE has produced.

14. nWo 2000
DX 2006 anybody? Possibly the most pathetic group ever, outside of the Spirit Squad. Sure the NWO angle has been milked to death, but it didn't keep the WWE from resurecting it again and building their biggest pay per view of the year around their return.

Yes, because a guy can never change his gimmick. Let's not forget that Duggan had been working the same gimmick for 15 years. Everyone gets a gimmick change, plain and simple. Instead of firing guys, how about try something new with them. Anyone remember Heel Eugene? Lets all be pissed at a ******.

La Resistance and Fifi, Mae Young giving birth to a hand, Al Snow and Head, Mankind and Mr. Socko, The British Bulldogs and Matilda, Perry Saturn and Moppy...

Vince McMahon hiding behind a glass window in Chicago at Judgment Day 1998. The countless stupid vehicle destructions the WWE has produced. See a pattern yet, everything the WWE has made a point on, they had done it a hundred times in it's own variation?

Coming from a company whose flagship program started off in a ballroom, yup, that holds a ton of weight.

Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels for the European Title. It's been done before, and the Fingerpoke of Doom is the most overly exagerated Death of WCW angle I have ever heard. It bears no weight.

U.N.I.O.N.

07. "Crazy" Ric Flair
Paranoid Steve Austin in 2001. You take the biggest bad ass in the history of the business and you turn him into a cry baby, attention ****e, um ya.

Hahaha. Look to Wrestlemania 23. New Breed vs. the ECW Originals. Honestly, what the hell is wrong with having a new guys vs. Old guys feud. Hell they did it again last year with Rated RKO vs. DX.

Yes, coming from the company that built Wrestlemania 11 around Lawrence Taylor vs. Bam Bam Bigelow. The freaking biggest pay per view of the year and you put a fucking non wrestler in it? That's worse then anything WCW ever did.

Hmm, too easy. Rikishi, Val Venis, Naked Mideon, Repo Man, Doink, Bastion Booger, Duke the Dumpster Drose, The Goon, Knuckle Ball Schwartz...

See U.N.I.O.N.

I must say, I agree with this one, very dumb idea.

01. David Arquette
Really going out on a limb with this one. But if you're really really looking for bad celebrities, try watching Wrestlemania 1 or 2 without turning them off at least once. Really, celebrity announcers, terrible idea.

It's just more WWE bullshit. Really, the WWE is irrelevant when it comes to "history" of wrestling and their opinion.

MAN someone is a lil angry.

Everyone please keep in mind that this was in WWE magaizne....A Magazine intended for 10-15 year olds.
A magazine that is written in Kayfab format.

The demise of WCW Nitro is simple. Their show got old and the fresh ideas ran out. While some of you may not think that the WWE's current product is original at least they have and always will push new stars....

Santino Maralla, Kennedy, Orton, MVP, etc.

WCW never did that. Fans got tired of it.

I miss Nitro and flipping back and forth between shows. But bottom line Nitro got old and I along with many others stoped caring.

MAN someone is a lil angry.

No he's dissecting the post.

Everyone please keep in mind that this was in WWE magaizne....A Magazine intended for 10-15 year olds.
A magazine that is written in Kayfab format.

You haven't read that magazine in a while have you?

The demise of WCW Nitro is simple. Their show got old and the fresh ideas ran out. While some of you may not think that the WWE's current product is original at least they have and always will push new stars....

Santino Maralla, Kennedy, Orton, MVP, etc.

WCW never did that. Fans got tired of it.

Nitro pushed plenty of news stars towards the end. That's why the Invasion failed. All the new stars WCW tried to make weren't up to par with WWE mid carders, let alone the main eventers.

I miss Nitro and flipping back and forth between shows. But bottom line Nitro got old and I along with many others stoped caring.

No. Nitro got stupid. The angles and pushes were poor. But there was nothing that was old about Nitro. It was so incredibly stupid that it was entertaining. It was also unpredicatble, which is something WWE hasn't been for nearly 10 years. I rag on TNA because it's stupid. And it is. But like the later episodes of Nitro it's never boring. It's bad booking. But It's far more intresting than WWE's safe booking.

It's pretty apparent that this list was made as a joke by the wwe magazine team, as they do a lot of similar things and is to be no way taken as a fact. Nonetheless I thought I would add my own comments to the list.

15. Tony Schiavone - Aside from being linked to the night in which he announced Foley as champion and had everyone switch channels, I just always believed that Shiavone was a terrible announcer, plain and simple
14. nWo 2000 - was this the nwo that had members such as Jeff Jarrett and Bret Hart... Yea that was a mistake, the thing with great stables is that there is no need to revive something that has run its course *cough* DX *cough* WWE NWO *cough*
13. Anti-American Jim Duggan - I had no problem with this gimmick, so wrestlers who have played the same character for decades sometimes need a gimmick change that puts them in a whole new direction. Hogan did it with his Hollywood gimmick, Slaughter with his pro-Iraq, it was just too bad wcw messed up this one
12. Chavo Guerrero & Pepe - this was just plain stupid
11. Vince Russo in the Pope Mobile - see above
10. Matches in the Mall of America - I like the idea of having matches anywhere, but this was a little ridiculous
09. Finger Poke of Doom (Kevin Nash drops to the mat to lose his title after Hulk Hogan pokes him on 1/4/99 Nitro) - For as much as they tried to build the feud between these 2 guys, I can't speak for anyone else but this was so predictable, and I truly believe this was what was wrong with wcw
08. The Magnificent Seven (2001 faction consisting of Ric Flair, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Jeff Jarrett, Lex Luger, Buff Bagwell and Road Warrior Animal) - I don't even remember this faction, I guess I must have stopped watching wcw at this point, but it sure does sound like a bunch of winners
07. "Crazy" Ric Flair - isn't Flair always crazy?
06. New Blood vs. The Millionaires - this could have had some potential, if the large stable idea hadn't been driven so hard by wcw, but it was, and this sucked, so thats that
05. Steve "Mongo" McMichael - He was pretty terrible, how was he ever a horsemen?
04. Disco Inferno (pictured) - nothing wrong with the Disco, he was always one of my fav wrestlers in wcw because if for anything he was entertaining
03. One Warrior Nation (short-lived 1998 faction consisting of Ultimate Warrior and The Disciple a.k.a. Brutus Beefcake) - anything including the ultimate warrior is just stupid
02. Misfits in Action (2000 faction consisting of Hugh Morrus, Lash LeRoux, The Wall, Chavo Guerrero, Booker T, Tylene "Major Gunns" Buck and Vam Hammer) - This stable was good at the beginning when a bunch of the low card wrestlers of wcw came together and created new persona's for themselves in order to succeed, however the novelty wore off quickly
01. David Arquette - Arquette winning the title was the worst and most idiotic thing that ever happened in wcw. It pretty much degraded the title, as I felt that anyone off the street now could come in and be champion, the title lost its prestige, and as a result wcw lost its prestige.

WCW died 7 years ago. Bret hart screw job 10 years ago. Why do people keep bringing up things that happen so long ago? why are people so stuck? I understand wrestling is not what is used to be. wanna know why I stop watching wrestling? because it's not fun to watch any more except the occasional Monday night raw and
a ppv i get invited to. Every one on here is whining about some thing. If you are so unhappy about wrestling these days, stop watching and do things to make yourself happy.
Watch UFC or some REAL sports. No matter how entertaining or stupid a wrestling Gimmick is, Keep in mind it is just a fraud story Created in a board room by old Rich people. They are trying to cram their stupid ideas of entertainment in your mouth. Wake up people.

WCW died 7 years ago. Bret hart screw job 10 years ago. Why do people keep bringing up things that happen so long ago? why are people so stuck? I understand wrestling is not what is used to be. wanna know why I stop watching wrestling? because it's not fun to watch any more except the occasional Monday night raw and
a ppv i get invited to. Every one on here is whining about some thing. If you are so unhappy about wrestling these days, stop watching and do things to make yourself happy.
Watch UFC or some REAL sports. No matter how entertaining or stupid a wrestling Gimmick is, Keep in mind it is just a fraud story Created in a board room by old Rich people. They are trying to cram their stupid ideas of entertainment in your mouth. Wake up people.

So you've registered on a wrestling board to not talk about wrestling? Please. Bitching about how shit wrestling is part of what a forum is about. You are either going to be positive or negative. It just so happens that being negative is far more entertainig.

Also considering this is the old school section. And the thread is about Nitro, what the fuck do you want to talk abot? The thread is about Nitro, thus Nitro is being discussed. If you want to talk about UFC go you a UFC or MMA board.

Top 15 Reaons Why Nitro Failed?

15. Tony Schiavone: I hardly think an announcer could even be considered part of the downfall. And if one would be, it'd be Scott Hudson, who was crap on the mic. I think Schiavone was kinda similar to Jim Ross with backstage power, but I don't know how much. All in all, I liked listening to Tony & Bobby.

14. nWo 2000: The only reason this was stupid, is because they out played the n.W.o. into the ground. I think it could've been one of the most dominate small groups in 2000, had Bret Hart, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash & Jeff Jarrett actually remained together longer than what.. 2 weeks?

13. Anti-American Jim Duggan: I agree that this was one of the worst angles to use, but not because of Duggan turning on America. In fact, I'm surprised the angle never got used sooner. The thing that made this angle shit, was because Jim Duggan was wondering around as nothing more than a jobber.. & you can't exactly take & build a jobber back into something big.

The other thing was Duggan never sold into the turn, & if you don't sell into your character, you're never going to make the angle work.

12. Chavo Guerrero & Pepe: The angle where Chavo turns on Eddie & becomes insane worked up until Pepe, then it just became stupid. I can't see how this made a company, or a t.v. show fail though.

11. Vince Russo in the Pope Mobile: I have no comment on this, as I don't recall or remember it.

10. Matches in the Mall of America: This was the very first Monday Night Nitro, & it defeated Raw in the ratings. How on earth could it be considered the downfall of the show, when it was the beginning?

Now, the once a year shows that took place in Panama Beach, or whereever.. while I loved the ring over water bit, they had shit for a crowd.. & it was 90% college kids who could've cared less because all of them were wasted. And they NEVER used the pool more than once.. so what on earth was the point?!

Not a single match should've happened without at least one or both going into the pool.. especially the cruiserweights.

09. Finger Poke of Doom (Kevin Nash drops to the mat to lose his title after Hulk Hogan pokes him on 1/4/99 Nitro): I think this storyline was completely stupid, simply because Hulk Hogan had no business becoming the World Champion. Kevin Nash deserved the run, & for him to blatantly have to lay down for Hogan was shit.

08. The Magnificent Seven (2001 faction consisting of Ric Flair, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Jeff Jarrett, Lex Luger, Buff Bagwell and Road Warrior Animal): All this was is another fraction of the n.W.o. without the name. The toughest thing about this group, was its incredibly hard to be evened out with back & forth great matches, when all the major talent is on the same side.

07. "Crazy" Ric Flair: Meh, I'm not exactly sure what this is refering to. I think its the Bischoff angle, where Flair had a heartattack.. in which case, it was a great angle & worked beautifully. Only downfall was when Flair got control of the show, & ended up turning heel with power.

06. New Blood vs. The Millionaires: This was (to me) the greatest rebirth of Nitro to me, ever. 1999 & early 2000 sucked ass & it was hard for me to find the time to want to sit & watch Van Hammer v. Rick Steiner week in & week out.

When they split the lines down the middle, & they made these two fractions, every match on the show became interesting to watch, because you just didn't know who was gonna randomly debut, or show up, or interfere. This, again, to me.. was the best part of Nitro in its entire history.

05. Steve "Mongo" McMichael: He'd whip L.T's ass any day of the week. Mongo was a Horsemen, & a damn good wrestler for being a football player.

04. Disco Inferno (pictured): Disco took a lot of shit, but was good for what he was used for. He deserved more credit than what he got.. & I honestly dispised the gimmick. The best thing out of this was him & Alex Wright. I loved their tag team, as I was always a fan of Wright. (minus the Berlin days)

03. One Warrior Nation (short-lived 1998 faction consisting of Ultimate Warrior and The Disciple a.k.a. Brutus Beefcake): This was another part of Nitro I loved to watch, because it wasn't the same Ultimate Warrior from the past. (I know it was the same guy, just more attitude filled gimmick)

I didn't care for Beefcake being a member of the n.W.o. (backwards) but I wish Warrior would've remained around longer than what he was there for.

02. Misfits in Action (2000 faction consisting of Hugh Morrus, Lash LeRoux, The Wall, Chavo Guerrero, Booker T, Tylene "Major Gunns" Buck and Vam Hammer): This faction helped push Chavo Guerrero & Lash LeRoux greatly, so I think it did its job. I felt bad for Hugh Morrus, but in the end, he had his best success as "General Rection." Him & Lance Storm had some great matches.

01. David Arquette: Now this I completely agree with. If anything ruined Nitro, or W.C.W. as a whole for that matter.. it has to be placing your World Championship on an actor. Furthermore, allowing this actor to head into one of your p.p.v.'s as the Champion, & feature him in the first ever "3-tier cage" match. Bad call all around.

if you think wcw failed bad then wwe product revolves around failiure.

they had the worst wrestler in the world as the champion for about 50000 years until he botched a hiptoss and it ended his reign as the longest reigning champion in over 20 years. what a F***** pussy, has this idiot ever seen tna, he would be surprised how quick they do it and never botch. cena getting injured was the greatest thing ever to the wrestling world.

divas cant wrestle, they are crap as cena.

an irish midget was the son of an billionare, cause the fastest rising superstar of the year got done for roids. 10 in total.

y2j save us 222 return was the biggest failiure of the year, what did he save us from.

there best superstar supposedly killed himself and his family because of roids. vince decides to wipe his name form the existance of earth after his death. why would he do that, did he have something to do with his death. im sure he didnt.

wwe have failed in all aspects this year and will continue to do so even wen crappy cena returns.

if you think wcw failed bad then wwe product revolves around failiure.

Even if the WWE product is uninspiring it still makes money. Why did WCW close again?

they had the worst wrestler in the world as the champion for about 50000 years until he botched a hiptoss and it ended his reign as the longest reigning champion in over 20 years. what a F***** pussy, has this idiot ever seen tna, he would be surprised how quick they do it and never botch. cena getting injured was the greatest thing ever to the wrestling world.

Please. While WWE has poor matches most of the moves they perform are done right. The wrestlers in TNA & indy promotions botch considerably more moves. And Cena's injury was just one of those things. The same could happen to Kurt Angle.

divas cant wrestle, they are crap as cena.

Man then they must be really bad.

an irish midget was the son of an billionare, cause the fastest rising superstar of the year got done for roids. 10 in total.

MVP got busted for 10 types of steroids? Wow, how did I miss this?

y2j save us 222 return was the biggest failiure of the year, what did he save us from.

He obviously didn't save us from bad posters. That's for sure.

there best superstar supposedly killed himself and his family because of roids. vince decides to wipe his name form the existance of earth after his death. why would he do that, did he have something to do with his death. im sure he didnt.

Eh?

wwe have failed in all aspects this year and will continue to do so even wen crappy cena returns.

The return of Cena is something to look forward to. I'm no huge fan. But the hype for his return will be huge.

What does this have to do with WCW anyway? Are you saying that the Cena push is as bad as the Mike Sanders push? Or that Batista as champ is on par with David Arquette?

No he's dissecting the post.

You haven't read that magazine in a while have you?

Nitro pushed plenty of news stars towards the end. That's why the Invasion failed. All the new stars WCW tried to make weren't up to par with WWE mid carders, let alone the main eventers.

No. Nitro got stupid. The angles and pushes were poor. But there was nothing that was old about Nitro. It was so incredibly stupid that it was entertaining. It was also unpredicatble, which is something WWE hasn't been for nearly 10 years. I rag on TNA because it's stupid. And it is. But like the later episodes of Nitro it's never boring. It's bad booking. But It's far more intresting than WWE's safe booking.

Nitro pushed new stars towards the end when they were desperate. That's not the way to go about pushing new stars. You need to build them over time while you have a solid audience not at the end when most people aren't watching your show anymore.

And what exactly is the difference between Nitro getting old and Nitro getting stupid? At least we both agree that most of the time TNA is stupid.

This list was a joke for the most part by the writers of WWE magazine. A joke I have no problem with.

WCW made no bones about it. They wanted the WWE gone and out of buisness. I have no problem with Vince taking shots at a company that tried to put him out of work.

And what exactly is the difference between Nitro getting old and Nitro getting stupid?

Old is what WWE is now. Same stars, new stars not good enough. Stupid is Judy Bagwell On A Pole, David Arquette as champ etc. WCW in late 2000 early 2001 is what TNA is now. Only worse. At least TNA can change if they wanted, they have the stars to make the company great. WCW didn't really have anybody who could change the company round.

Top 15 Reaons Why Nitro Failed?

10. Matches in the Mall of America: This was the very first Monday Night Nitro, & it defeated Raw in the ratings. How on earth could it be considered the downfall of the show, when it was the beginning?

The first night Nitro was on the Air it went unapposed to Raw. Also having your first tv show in a Mall rather than in an arena was a pretty dumb idea. It made them look like amatures.

I think people started watching WCW at first because they had names people had heard of. Sting. Flair. Luger, and it was an alternative to the WWF which at the time was pretty bland. I think the WWF had some great matches at the time but the storylines were nothing special.

Nitro had something different to offer and it gave people a choice in their wrestling program.

:flair: I've always wanted to use that icon.

Huh? I don't think thats much of a good top 15 list, sure a few are good picks, but I don't think the Mall of America is a reason why Nitro failed. It was Nitros first show and it only went up in ratings after words.

I think Mall of America was a great place to have a show, and why? Who doesn't love those once in a great while wrestling events that take place in a different setting, like Ford Field, Skydome, Safco Field, MGM Grand (outdoor tennis & boxing stadium for Wrestlemania 9), Disney studios outdoor (early NWO days on Nitro), the Ballroom (One Night Stand), Fulton County Stadium (Wrestlefest 88 I think), the last Nitro show (I forget the place), that Nitro during spring break which was at a bar with the ring over the swimming pool. I could go on and on, but there is a crowd of wrestling fans out there that like these events in different settings rather then the Bingo Halls and 10-18,000 seat NBA & NHL arenas that 90% of all wrestling events are held in.

And I think for that first show Mall of America really helped in the "wow whats this" MoA just made it look so much different from Raw (I remember i turned in and seen that 1st show and remember it like yesterday).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back