• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Text Based RPG

Kermit

the Frog
I've been tinkering with the idea of posting a text based rpg to give people something fun to play around with. I've done one before on an old forum that I use to use, and it went over pretty well. I'm just wondering what some honest thoughts would be about it.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, let me explain.

I would act as the "server." People would post in thread in order to play. They would give me a certain type of command that tey would like their player to do. Such as selling items to a store or attacking creatures. It would probably be daily, or twice daily, that I would come on and "update" the game.

That is pretty much the basis of the game. It would require very little effort on the player's part, unless the player would like to go more in depth.

The big problem that occurs with something like this is the lack of being able to edit my original posts. Which means that everything important would have to be posted in graphics. I would have to do the photobucket trick where I replace the image with the same name.

The concept of the game right now would give players the ability to do dungeons with other members on the forums. They would formulate private or open groups that would go through dungeon raids. I would simulate the raids and post the stats on the next server update. Players would receive loot based off of luck and difficulty of the dungeon. The concept of being able to trade/sell/buy/equip items would all encompass this dungeon raiding activity.

Everything would be tied together with some spiffy graphics to give it a good look. What do you think about this idea? Would you participate?

I beat Kermit with a phone book for snickering to himself while making that Skyrim joke.

The shopkeeper, upon seeing Coco absolutely desolate Kermit with what appears to be some sort of yellow book, draws his blunderbuss from under the counter. He throws the leg injury at Coco's feet and demands he leave his store at once, obviously terrified at the brute's enormous strength.

*rolls for perception* CoCo notices that the firing mechanism has not yet been drawn back, leaving him with a few seconds opening should he choose to attack.
*rolls for INT* At this point, you cannot tell whether or not the blunderbuss is loaded.

Meanwhile, in a far-off land, ScreaminNormalSmiley is attempting to abuse Kermit's mother for her so-called "star chips". She is wearing a flower-print dress that extends down passed her knees.

*rolls for perception* He realize she is wearing socks with Rick Perry's face on them, which immediately sends him into a rage. He reaches for his broadsword of +2 democracy...

*rolls a WILL save* It's too late! The magical socks of +4 douchebagery have already captured ScreaminNormalSmiley in a magical trance, rendering his entire body useless. The only thing you can see is this video playing over and ever again in your mind's eye...

[YOUTUBE]0PAJNntoRgA[/YOUTUBE]

To review: CoCo has a blunderbuss pointed at his face, but has a small window of opportunity. The leg injury is still on the floor at his feet. ScreaminNormanSmiley is unable to move, subjected to an endless loop of Rick Perry's campaign video.

What do you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back