• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Terrelle Pryor

Big Sexy

Deadly Rap Cannibal
I highly dislike "that Ohio school" and Terrelle Pryor but this is a hot topic right now. Pryor has decided to leave school and enter the supplemental draft. The supplemental draft is basically used for players who missed the deadline for the actual draft or just ended up leaving school because of issues that came up. Basically teams aren't forced to pick anybody they just put bids in on particular players for particular rounds and if they have the highest bid then they get that player and lose a draft pick for the next year for whatever round they used in the supplemental draft. Only 40 players have ever been picked in the supplemental draft and it has been around since 1977.

Pryor has other options but he seems set on the NFL. A team will more then likely take a chance on him in the 4-7 round range but with the lockout still going on I'm not sold that this is the best move for him especially if he wants to remain a quarterback. Pryor is definitely an NFL athlete but I'm not sure if he can excel at the quarterback position in the NFL. Going to the CFL or UFL would give him valuable experience and some good coaching. If he succeeds in either of those leagues then teams would be more inclined to give him a shot.

So what do you think Pryor should do? Do you think he will succeed in the NFL? If he does succeed will it be at the qb position or will it be with a position change to something like tight end?

Pryor made the only real decision that he could. Had he not decided that he was going to leave Ohio State, he would have been suspended for the rest of the season anyways and would have been in worse position to enter the NFL a year later. Mike Williams from USC was one who had to play the waiting game for a year and it took him years and being out of the NFL for 2 to get another look.

The one thing Pryor has going for him is work ethic. The kid grew up in Jeannette, which is about 10 minutes from where I live. The kid couldn't care less about anything other then football and basketball, but he was a workout machine and spent most of his off the field time working out in an attempt to get better. He's got otherworldly athletic ability to go with that and is no doubt an NFL player. However....

It won't be as a QB. He played in a low-risk offense that didnt ask him to throw the football much, and he was backed by an incredibly strong rushing attack. His footback and precision are both spotty at best, and from all reports, he'ld be five years away from being developed into a good QB. Because the NFL doesn't have a "minor league" sytstem, most teams wouldn't even waste a roster spot on a project as big as him. That doesn't leave him without options, however. I think he made the right decision by him in that he will be drafted by an NFL team, and since he wants to play in the NFL, he made the right call. I think he'll find out early in the process of interviewing with teams though that they plan on converting him in all likelihood, most likely to the TE position, where I think he could excel. At 6'6 and close to 240, he's got ideal size to play the position, and I think that would be his best bet.

Any amount of time in the CFL or UFL still wouldnt turn him into NFL QB material, and being deadset on playing in the NFL, he made the right decision. I think he'll succeed as well, it's just not at the position he wants to. The kid is an arrogant jackass, but he's talented and has the physical skills to succeed at the NFL level if he's willing to compromise.

If he plays in a west coast system, he could be a nice project at qb. He's very mobile and has good accuracy. With proper coaching he could impove his accuracy. He also gets rid of the ball fairly quickly and make good decisions doing so. Ask bitchigan. But in a vertical style offense hiw deep passes tend to flutter. Maybe it's bad mechanics. Personally i think he would be a beast at wr. He's 6'6' and runs a 4.3!!l

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back