• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Terra Nova

I don't know if anyone else had been watching the show, but it had a decent underlying story. Apparently the ratings were good, and the viewership increased over the span of the first season, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

Fox decided not to renew the show after its first season, so another SyFy show gets cancelled on a major network.... this is also the last season of House, and Fox has launched several other failed series over the past few years

If you've been watching, do you want to see this series picked up by another network, ah la la SyFy, TNT, or AMC?

Are you happy it ended?

I loved it! Im just sad to see it go and hope that another station, like SyFy, picks it up.

Im starting to not get invested into shows anymore form Fox. Terminator was cancelled pre-mature, this, and now rumors are flying that even Alcatraz might not get renewed.

Fox is notorious for letting shows go because they dont meet a certain standard of ratings. I think its asinine.

Hope TN gets picked up because it was just starting to get interesting again. Either pick it up or give us a wrap-up.

FOX decided not to renew because that whole "not meeting a certain standard of ratings" thing matters when you are talking about a program that has a multi-million dollar budget.

The show was garbage. I gave it four or five episodes and it was a major, major disappointment, especially for FOX's caliber. The effects were something out of a made-for-TV Sci-Fi—oh, excuse me, "SyFy"—movie and in what little I saw they made very little effort to engage the viewers with the overarching story behind the markings and time travel and spent far too much time dealing with irrelevant side stories and poorly crafted footage of dinosaurs in chase.

No one is going to pick this show up, because no one is stupid enough to ignore the fact that a major network couldn't get people to care about a program with a budget as large as this, so why the hell should they? That, my friends, is what you call a lesson in futility.

I watched every episode, but more out of boredom than anything else. It started off showing a lot of potential, but it got rather dumb and boring. The character of Commander Taylor got on my nerves more and more with each episode and I couldn't stand him by the end. Don't get me wrong, I liked the show enough to keep watching or else I would have just deleted it from my DVR list. It didn't live up to its potential though and that's why it's not coming back. I'm neither happy nor upset that it's gone because while it had potential, it was hardly anything that qualifies as a "must see".

I would not mind seeing it come back if others such as SyFy decide to revive the series. For all we know, this show could have gotten a lot better. It wouldn't be the first show to have a less interesting first season but to go on to be great later on. Too many shows get cancelled these days before they get a chance to truly meet expectations of those watching them. It's getting to the point where I am less likely to watch newer shows until they have a few seasons under their belt, then catching up to the new stuff. Why become a fan of a show if it's just going to get cancelled?

Granted the ratings weren't there...but they weren't there for Family Guy either and Fox brought it back. Not saying that will happen here.

I know it wasn't anything special to look at, but Fox really didn't invest too much into it. I think had they put more into it, it would've been better. Everything I read led to Fox looking like they were bringing it back. They damn near said last week they were and then just cancel it.

Fox is known to not give shows a chance. It was on a crappy night, most times going up against stiff competition like Monday Night Football and other sitcoms that already have a fan following.

These days it's hard to launch new shows. Hell it's hard to get invested in them because they are gone within a season or less if they don't meet a specific standard.

Do you think USA would've cancelled RAW every time it underperformed in the ratings?

It's hard for me to take Fox seriously when they have crap like Allen Gregory (cancelled), Napoleon Dynamite, 2 clones of Family Guy, and all of the other crap they have right now.

I agree with Dagger Dias's sentiments. I watched it and thought it had some potential at first but then just got way too dumb and ridiculous. The overall story and premise was actually cool but it got really stupid with all the dumb side storylines and predictability. Way too many cliches and things that really anyone could write. They started to just bank on the special effects and nothing else.

I agree that Commander Taylor was a really, really annoying character.

I think if the main storyline had progressed faster and was more focused, it would have made it. They didn't focus enough on Lucas and his over-arching story until the very end. They hinted at it but then dropped it.

I think they could have picked up a couple of story lines with

the sons girlfriend coming from the future

what the son had to do to get her there

Taylor's batshit crazy son

the sixes rebel group and camp

Seems like Fox tried to make it a show for the entire family, cheesy action, cheesy plot lines, cheesy characters, but it was something different and had potential

It did indeed get cancelled but not because it had good ratings. It actually had poor ratings and the cost of the show was tremendously high so it wasn't worth keeping so FOX decided to cut its losses. Personally I watched a few episodes of the show and I just couldn't get into it. I wanted to so bad because dinosaur shows fascinate me but I found the storyline to be boring and the cgi wasn't very impressive. I also found it to be too family friendly and cheesy to my liking. It needed to be more edgy more like the walking dead but with dinosaurs but that didn't happen. I think one of the problems for me is I'm getting too used to cable shows and the high quality that they are bringing now.

A television show banking on special effects as the main selling point will never last as a long term series. In my opinion the show was piggybacking on Avatar's success in the box office and cashing in on a similar sci-fi new world story + special effects to work on television too.

I would have given it a try but I found Primeval with their primitive special effects and monster of the day + conspiracy story as a better alternative for my sci-fi fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back