Tenacious D Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MALLRAT 4 LIFE

Well i was thinking to myself This Forum has to Have a Tenacious D thread cause they are the Greatest band in the world and have the Greatest Movie also.

Talk about the D in this Thread

They did do a tribute to the greatest and best song in the world. The film iwas a dissapointment though.

I haven't seen the film but haven't heard many good things. I like some of their songs and they are pretty funny, and Kyle is pretty funny when he keeps talking about getting the women but he never can and junk like that. They're a band containing idiots, for idiots but they are funny doing it.

TD is one of many great bands...as for the movie...i'm hearing different things...from what i've seen...it looks pretty funny, and also an acid trip and a half...then other people say it was a horrible...idk

I just saw the Pick of Destiny... and what's funny is I had bought the soundtrack before I saw the movie, so I was singing along to all the songs.

I think the reason people might not like it is because they go into it expecting more than a rock musical. Then they see a rock musical and they're like WTF. It's the same with Snakes on a Plane... people go into that movie expecting more than Snakes on a Plane and they get dissapointed.

this is very very true...everyone was getting all excited when Snakes on a Plane was coming to theaters, and it ended up being a comedy and a disappointment

I just saw Pick Of Destiny last night, I finally broke down and decided to rent it, I was expecting it to be really bad, but I found myself laughing my ass off, It's a really dumb movie, but funny, if you have a preverse, juvinile sense of humor, then you'll probably like it, it's worth renting at the very least, juswt don't expect it to be a comedy masterpeice, think of it more as a stupid low-brow comedy good for a couple of good laughs, klinda like Harold and Kumarr Go to White Castle, I thought that movie was going to be just sraight up stupid and I ended up loving it, now I own it, I also own Pick of Destiny now too, thank god for DVD burners

this is very very true...everyone was getting all excited when Snakes on a Plane was coming to theaters, and it ended up being a comedy and a disappointment

I was excited. But I went in expecting nothing more than Snakes on a Plane and I wasn't disappointed. It's a B-Movie, and if you expect a B-Movie you're going to love it.

The D do indeed rocketh mightily! :headbanger:

Is it sad that I got super excited when I got the limited edition version of the 'Pick Of Destiny' OST, and got my own pick of destiny?!

Haven't seen the film yet, but do have the live show and HBO shows DVD, and it's very good.

How many c*ck push-ups can we all do?

tenacious d used to be good, the movies was hilarious but got old really fast ive sort of of come to realize that they are a crappy band (no offence) and some of there lyrics sound really stupid, listen to Tribute and The Metal as well others

they may have crappy lyrics, "Dio can you hear me, i'm lost and so alone..." etc. but its a freakin hilarious movie, my fav part is when JB gets beat up by the weird dudes in masks, they walk away after kicking his a$$ and Kyle goes, that's right you better run, that was classic

Tenacious D is pretty funny.. I have there first ever CD and it is some of the most hailrious shit ever.. The cock push-ups skit is the best.. Anyway I thought the movie sucked. One reason is becasue I went with this chick and she is a bitch and ruined the movie for me. I need to watch it again becasue my thoughts would prolly change toward it if I wasn't annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back