Teen Titans Comes to Live Action...

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
Warner Bros. TV is rapidly expanding its live-action DC Comics TV universe. This season, it is going from one to four primetime series, returning Arrow and freshmen The Flash, Gotham and Constantine, and already is prepping another major broadcast franchise with Supergirl. Now the studio is expanding the DC brand to cable drama with Titans, a project that is nearing a pilot order at TNT. Titans is one of three TNT drama pilots stuck on the runaway, awaiting a formal green light as the network is undergoing a regime change. The other two are Lumen from Amblin TV and the Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay-produced Untitled Cocaine project (formerly Cocaine Cowboys).

Written by Oscar winner Akiva Goldsman and executive-turned-scribe Marc Haimes, Titans revolves around the eponymous group of young Super Heroes-to-be from the DC Universe. The action series centers on Dick Grayson (probably best known for his alter ego as Robin), who emerges from the shadow of Batman to become Nightwing, the leader of a fearless band of new Super Heroes including Starfire, Raven and many others. Goldsman executive produces, with Haimes serving as co-executive producer for WBTV’s cable division Warner Horizon.

WBTV has been mining the Titans characters on the animation side with the kids series Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go! on sister Cartoon Network.

Source: Deadline.com

-----

What do you think of the news? Do you look forward to seeing the group join the primetime line up? How do you feel about Akiva Goldsman (writers of Batman & Robin as well as Batman Forever) being involved? With Cyborg being added as a full fledged Justice League member in War, who all do you see being the members in this incarnation?

After they ruined Teen Titans already with that sub-par movie and that horrible, horrible Go series? I'm not interested. I've given up on the property. The original series had a lot of promise, too.

I remember watching the original show as a kid and I loved it. My daughter watches Teen Titans GO and I've caught bits and pieces of it and my only conclusion of it is that some new people got a hold of the show, had either no thought put in to it or just flat out had no idea what/who the Teen Titans are. Absolutely embarrissment of a show.

The ones who were associated with Batman Forever and Batman and Robin being linked to this film worries me greatly. Interesting to see who will play all the characters though.

I don't expect much from this but as a way to continue with the sure fire success of Batman v Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back