• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Team 3D Returning to TNA?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Regarding The Dudley Boyz leaving WWE, here is the latest on their departure. The pair and WWE had a verbal agreement in place for the team to return for another year, and they had been building an angle to split the team. The team was looked at as an asset due to their experience during a time where the rosters are split and there is a lot of young talent being used.

For some reason the agreement was not executed, and the decision was made to part ways. While their experience is great, Bubba (45) and Devon (44) are two of the oldest guys on the active main roster, and there is a long list of people in NXT that WWE wants to move up to the main roster. There is also a feeling that the company has to push youth.

It is likely that the team will get a good price on the independent scene and will be able to work as often as they want. Depending on TNA’s financial status, a return there could be in the cards.

http://www.pwmania.com/backstage-news-on-the-dudley-boyz-leaving-wwe

--

Now this I might actually welcome. 3D are always great to see in tag matches and TNA could use the shot in the arm there. Their division today is really, really weak. Even if this were just a short-term run, I think it could do a lot to help establish The Tribunal, or give fans a must-see match or series of matches with the Wolves (assuming Richards is healthy and back by then).

If they're both open to coming back, then I'm all for it. Say what you will about TNA, but from what I see it looks like they're trying to progress. Bringing back vets like the Dudleys wouldn't hurt a bit. To your point IDR, anything that can help the tag team ranks is far from a bad thing.

I doubt that they would go back to tna at this point of their career, they might go back on the indy's but has far as them going tna, I say highly unlikely especially if they want to get into the wwe hall of fame which I would be surprise if they get inducted next year.

I wouldn't mind seeing Team 3D back, but I'd rather much see the return of the one of the best heels only a few years ago. Bully Ray.

A lot of fans, myself included, were sad we never got to see a proper Bully Ray heel run in WWE. We kept waiting for it, especially after a lot of miscues by D-Von that lead to losses, but it never came up. I've heard rumors that Triple H wanted it, but alas we are just left to wonder.

If they do go back to TNA, even for a short year or so run, they will likely be used like they were in WWE, to try to elevate younger teams. A heel Team 3D taking on The Wolves would be good. Liek IDR said, The Tribunal could use a team like 3D to help get them over. They did decent work in NXT for me, so I'd like to see them succeed in TNA.

I don't see them going back though. WWE offered to extend their deal another year and it is likely that they would pay more than TNA. Unless they were frustrated in WWE and feel TNA would give them one last proper run, then I see them simply working at their school and taking the odd indy date.

God no!!!!!!! The Dudleys are DONE! DONE! Did you see how horrific they looked in WWE? Devon was gassed 2 minutes into matches and Bubba just looked awful in the ring. This is the type signing TNA should not be making. Concentrate on the influx of ROH talent that will be available in January 2017. Can't wait to see Matt Taven reunited with
The Miracle in Jan 2017!

I love the Dudleys and while they are far past there prime I still think they would be a useful addition to the roster and with Davey Richards still out injured the only established face team on the roster is the BroMan's so could do with another team to feud with the likes of The Decay, the helmes Dynasty and the Tribunal.

I will always welcome a Bully Ray return. He was awesome the day he became Bully Ray. If they end up in TNA, hopefully it will be to get one more run with the belts and help a team such as the The Tribunal get over. I hope they enjoy their retirements and if they go back to TNA, then that can only be a good sign for the company.

Was I the only one that felt their retirement angle/beat down by Gallows/Anderson was done to set up a feud?

If that's not the case, I think signing with TNA could be a good move, or a bad one. Depends on circumstances.
Signing with TNA yet again might damage their stock in WWE's eyes if they want to bring them back for another run, or (deservedly) nominate them for HOF.

A right decision.

Why? Because Dudleyz are veterans and can easily put over tag teams like Tribunal.

With Wolves out, TNA's tag division needs veteran teams like these. After some time, Bully Ray could return and there's ton of potential in his feuds with the likes of Ethan, Drew, Aron etc. A win-win situation for both sides.

Uh...Don't you people remember that Bully was "put in charge" of TNA and walked out on the company a week later? I hope Dixie and Billy don't forgot that. It caused chaos and storylines had to be rewritten because of that dirtbag's actions. Say no to the Dudlez....get Red Dragon and Adam Cole instead.

D-Von looks done to be honest, he bulked up a bit and put on some weight and ever since that he's looked as if he's absolutely shot.

Bubba-Ray, he kind of f-d TNA up a bit when he went back and then left abruptly, although some of the blame could be pointed towards TNA's direction for not having him locked down into a contract.

I think I also remember The Dudley's taking aim at TNA Executives a couple of times since they left and went back to WWE.

Team 3-D returning to the Impact Zone is a matter of when. They've been a staple of TNA for years now and they are always a good hand to have backstage and as talent. Even if it's only Bully Ray as the big bad heel that always seemed to work to elevate new faces like Austin Aries and Chris Sabin in the past.

However, if they don't return I don't see that as the end of the world. There are a lot more free-agents that TNA should try to sign, and with the money they'd be spending on 3D, they could hire some new fresh teams to spike up the quality in their tag division. TNA needs a diverse roster, bring luchadores, bring japanese wrestlers just do something that make the bizz talk about them. 3D is not the answer.

No! No! No! TNA has finally purged itself of old over the hill wrestlers and are building young talent. I was glad to see them leave TNA, their matches were so predictable it became boring. They killed the whole excitement of someone going through a table because they beat that dead horse in almost every match. TNA has been doing a good job of bringing in relatively unknown talent and making something of them. The indies is a great place for the Dudleyz, not TNA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back