Tax Refunds

Frank the Frowner

Getting Noticed By Management
I filed my tax return the other night. I'm getting a refund for both the state and federal this year, which I'm glad about. Last year, i got $600 from the federal, but had to pay $24 to Massachusetts for some really odd reason.

This year, I hope I'm getting $1100. I'm getting $500 from both the state and the federal, and with the Economic Stimulus Act, I should be getting $600, but I think the amount they give you varies for each situation.

So with the $500 from the refunds, I'm getting a PS3 and MLB The Show 2008. I would just buy The Show for the PS2, but my fan stopped working. My brother got MLB 2K8... I absolutely hate it, and I have to have the new baseball game that comes out every year. The past two years, I've gotten The Show, and I've heard this year's edition is the best baseball game that's been released since MVP 2005. Whatever I have left from that, I'm putting towards Sox tickets on Stubhub.

With whatever I get from the Economic Stimulus Act, I'm putting it towards school.

Are you getting a refund, or stuck paying? What do you plan on getting if you are getting a refund?

Oh, if you are e-filing and you've previously used H&R Block, don't go through them. I had to pay $30 to file the state return, and I used them for 2006. Basically, they won't let you use the $30 off codes that are around the internet if you used them before. About 10 minutes after paying, I found a free e-file for both the state and federal. I'll never go through them again.

I got a rebate when I was in college. I was paying TAX even though I didn't need to. I knew they weren't supposed to take it off me. But I decided to let it pile up for a couple of years. It's a great way of saving. I think I got a rebate of about £1,500.

The problem is now that I sort out all my own TAX. So instead of getting a rebate I usually get it wrong and have to pay a little extra.

I just went ahead and got my taxes done by a tax company. Im not trying to fuck up and get audited. And so the fuck what if they have a fee?? The tax return to me is just free money that I wouldnt have anyway, so fuck it if I dont recieve a little of the money that I wasnt even expecting to get anyway.

As for what I used my tax return money on...I got two new tattoos :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back