Tale Of The Tape

[youtube]msI7u1549xY[/youtube]

Stanford: Welcome back once again, ladies and gentlemen to part 4 of this mammoth edition of WZCW FluX. I'm still here with former WZCW magazine writer, Frank Calhoun.

Frank gives a wry smile towards the camera as he flicks through some of the notes lying before him on the table.

Stanford: We're almost halfway through the possible participants now as we push ahead towards the Lottery match itself. It really does promise to be an excellent PPV this year, Frank. Before we look at any more participants in the Lottery match, I'd love to get your thoughts on what you would like to see happen.

Calhoun: The Lottery is always an unpredictable PPV, Stanford. And this year, I guarantee that it will not be any different. You have so many guys coming into their peak form now that you couldn't possibly pick a winner in the Lottery match. And the supporting card is just phenomenal too. Steven Holmes finally gets his shot at Showtime Cougar and we see what could be a final resolution between Califa and Drake Callahan.

Stanford gives a small laugh as the image of El Califa Dragon appears behind him on the TV.

Stanford: Well, it's funny you should say that, Frank.

2zfj0iu.png

Stanford: Drake Callahan and El Califa Dragon have really set WZCW alight with their bloodthirsty feud these last few months. And finally, as you said, we get to see these two guys go toe-to-toe to find out who the better man really is.

Calhoun: I know we talked about the Tag Team match a little earlier on but this has to be the most engrossing match on the entire card. Callahan is no fool and his recent obsession with proving to world that the Califa Dragon is in fact Ty Burna has started to consume him. At this point, proving that point needs to be the highest priority on Callahan's list. All of his work on this, that has diverted his attentions away from recapturing the World Heavyweight Championship, needs to be worthwhile. And if the Dragon is able to best him at the Lottery, then Drake might begin to question what he has did with the last few months of his life and career.

Stanford nods in agreement as he begins to speak.

Stanford: And what a match it might turn out to be, Frank. Mexican Death Match rules will certainly favour the Dragon but one simply cannot count out Drake Callahan. I think what really makes this match interesting, is how much is going to be in the tank for the remainder of the PPV for both of these superstars.

Calhoun: I think this is where this year's Lottery is going to be unique. We've seen a few people compete in two matches in one night before but they had prepared themselves for it. I take you back to Karnage and Blade at Lethal Lottery 2. But every man could be included for the Lottery match this year, it's completely random and it has to draw some focus away from your other match.

Stanford: And what people might not consider, is the ramifications of this match, should Drake prove Califa to be the mighty Ty Burna. Ty has already won the Lethal Lottery match before and one has to think, that with his power, experience and skill, that he could make major waves in the Lethal Lottery match.

Calhoun: Absolutely. I mean, Califa is a great talent nonetheless but a return by Ty Burna would set a blaze throughout WZCW that not many could extinguish. Definitely an interesting match; not to be missed.

At that the TV behind the two men flickers again, revealing another superstar.

334p3yq.png

Stanford: Ah, the man mountain Grizzly Bob!

Calhoun: You know something, Stanford? This guy cannot be counted out. I know that he has literally no experience but a man of his size simply cannot be dismissed. You have to consider the effort it would take to eliminate a man like Grizzly Bob and if he gets a lucky draw in the Lottery, then he could take WZCW by storm in just one match.

Stanford: Standing at 6 feet 8 inches and weighing in at 350 pounds, this guy is not going to be a piece of meat that will be thrown around the ring easily. You only have to look wrestlers like Wasabi Toyota for proof this. When you ask for so much to eliminate you, you really put yourself at an advantage over the other men in the match.

At this, Calhoun interjects.

Calhoun: Absolutely! Imagine this, Stanford. You're the 1st entrant into the Lottery. You've outlasted another 28 men to reach this point and you only need to get through one more for ultimate glory. And as that timer reaches 0, a guy like this prances through the curtain. I can tell you something, this guys could do some damage if he is lucky enough to be gifted a nice draw in the match. Physique, as much as it shouldn't, really makes a huge difference in this type of match.

Stanford: Definitely a rookie to watch out for, that's for sure. But let's move on.

24vqx4o.png

Calhoun: Excellent!

Stanford: Indeed. Not many other people in WZCW can say that they have the experience of Celeste Crimson, the “mother” of WZCW. She has been with this company longer than a lot of people have been here combined and she has to be considered a huge threat in the Lethal Lottery match.

Calhoun energetically nods in agreement.

Calhoun: Listen. Celeste Crimson has never really hit the dizzying heights in WZCW like Showtime David Cougar or Ty Burna. But there is no doubting the fact that what she lacks in gold, she makes up in experience. This match would mark her 3rd Lethal Lottery match, having participated in the previous 2 and returning at Lethal Lottery 3.

Stanford: And who could forget such a return!? Truth be told, no one seen this one coming. And when Celeste made her way through that curtain, the whole place exploded into life. Yes, she may not have lasted very long in that match. But since then, she has shook off the ring rust and really put the cat amongst the pigeons on more than one occasion.

Calhoun: I think Celeste ought to be considered one of the dark horses for the Lethal Lottery match. She is continually at the business end of WZCW without ever grabbing the brass ring. And when you look at WZCW right now, that sort of mentality; to go out there and finally reach that pinnacle, really is being pushed continually. No one is more disappointed in Celeste's lack of gold than the Russian destroyer Celeste. Trust me when I tell you that she will set out with the ultimate goal of winning the entire thing and heading to Kingdom Come; where many believe she belongs.

Stanford's expression changes to an inquisitive one now.

Stanford: Tell me this Frank, how do you feel it works out for Celeste, being a woman really living in a man's world at the Lethal Lottery?

Calhoun: Have you seen this woman wrestle, Stanford? She's not some helpless flower in a wrestling ring. She's one of the most dangerous and experienced wrestlers in this business and I can guarantee that people will underestimate that fact at their peril because she will have no problem using that to her advantage and tossing their sorry asses to the outside floor. Mark my words.

Stanford: Quite right, Celeste is certainly one to look out for at the Lottery. I think we have time for one more, Frank. Let's see who we've got.

332ukgz.png

Stanford: Ha! This guy has got to be one of my all-time favourites in a WZCW ring.

Calhoun: Yeah, he really does light this place up some times.

Stanford: But tell me Frank, everyone will be eager to know, how do you think The Beard will fare in this year's Lottery match should he be randomly selected to be a part of it?

Calhoun screws his face up a little, trying to find the right words for the situation.

Calhoun: The problem with the Beard, is the exact same problem for all 6 competitors in the tag team match. You ca either concentrate on giving a great performance in the Championship match, or you can wait and give an all or nothing performance in the Lottery match, Unfortunately for The Beard, this would mean surrendering the Tag Team Championships. And it doesn't even need to come down to his own surrendering of the belts. The Masked Gent could have one eye on the Lottery match later in the night and the Beard could find himself being called a former Champion before he knows it. That really is the chance you take.

Stanford: Honestly though, our tag Champions are two of the proudest Champions we have in our company, you can just tell that those belts mean everything to them and more. Can you really see them giving them up without a fight?

Calhoun: For a shot at the World Heavyweight Champion? Absolutely. Tag Team Championships are a great reward for only the best teams that WZCW has to offer. But if you're not in that ring to be proclaimed the greatest in the company, then I have absolutely no idea why you are there. Every single man in the tag match will have to weight that up and consider the implications of such a decision carefully. The bears is a huge man and he could have a great run in the Lottery, providing he doesn't get too wrapped up in the tag match. It will be interesting to see how that plays out because he has a tonne of skill and potential.

Stanford turns back towards the camera before shuffling his notes.

Stanford: Well, that's all we have time for in this part of the show. But join us after the break when we'll be delving back into the Lethal Lottery event and considering more potential winner. All of that, after the commercial break.

[youtube]msI7u1549xY[/youtube]

Stanford: Welcome back, ladies and gentlemen, to the final part of WZCW FluX. The Lethal Lottery is almost upon as now as we begin to count down the minutes and seconds.

Calhoun: Like we haven't been doing that already, Stanford?

Stanford gives a slight laugh at Calhoun's jibe before pressing on.

Stanford: You're exactly right, Frank. With the Lethal Lottery only an hour away now, we are bringing you right up to date with all of the pre-show build up. We'll look at how some superstars might do in the Lottery before getting some predictions from Frank and myself. So with that in mind, here's how you can ensure you're not missing anything tonight.

541521_360541884058694_46506660_n.jpg

TO ORDER TONIGH'T PPV, CONTACT YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER.

START TIME: 5PM EST / 10PM GMT

Stanford: The Lethal Lottery match is always a unique match and is probably the most intense match that any of our superstars will have to face in a yearly period. That is, of course, unless you are Drake Callahan. We briefly talked about his match with the Califa Dragon tonight at Lethal Lottery but one has to consider Drake's state of mind heading into this match, Frank.

2vn5do5.png

Calhoun: Right. Let's face it, Drake has committed himself to unmasking the Dragon tonight at the Lethal Lottery. He has really derailed his World Heavyweight Championship momentum chasing the answers to his questions. And tonight, we will all witness the culmination of that quest. If Drake can defeat the Dragon in a match that is very alien to him, then maybe it will drive the former Champion back to the top. But should he lose to Califa, we may witness the decline and eventual disintegration of Drake's psyche.

Stanford: I've got to agree with you, Frank. Drake has really put all of his eggs in the one basket and he simply cannot afford to lose against Califa. Of course, as is always the case with matches like these, it creates more questions than answers. If Drake finds himself embroiled in a bloody, hard-fought contest against The Dragon, how will that affect his performance in the Lottery?

Calhoun: It will ruin his chances, that's for sure. The problem with both of these guys, is that they are not willing to ever throw in the towel. Both of them have something major to prove and they are not going to allow themselves to be defeated with so much on the line. Normally, you would urge both superstars to try and get through the match as quickly as possible and save whatever energy they can for the Lottery match. But that is never going to be the case here. It means far too much to both men.

Stanford inquisitively throws another question at his broadcast partner.

Stanford: So are you effectively saying that these guys can't win the Lottery?

Calhoun: I would never say that about Drake Callahan. He is an extremely talented wrestler with huge amounts of experience in WZCW. But, from my stand-point, the match with Califa just means far too much too him. Would Drake sacrifice a winning opportunity at the Lottery to prove to everyone else and himself that he was right all along? You're damn right he would.

Stanford: Well, we'll need to wait and see how that match plays out for sure. Moving on to the last superstar we're going to examine tonight...

9jhq9g.png

Calhoun: Ha!

Stanford: Ricky Runn, as illustrated by Calhoun's laugh, has somewhat become of a comedy character these days. But let's not forget that he has Lethal Lottery experience behind him.

Calhoun: That's not the only piece of information in regards to Ricky Runn and behinds.

Stanford: Quite. Ricky Runn has really fallen from grace since his departure and the ultimate destruction of Runn Reynolds Runn. But let us not forget that, at the time, he was one of the most promising superstars on the roster. Ricky needs something to propel him back into the spotlight and what better night to do that than tonight?

Calhoun: You have to believe that Ricky Runn needs something big tonight. He is fading into mid-card obscurity and needs to show the world what he has got tonight. My mind tells me that he isn't going to be the winner but a lot of the time, you don't have to be. You just have to do enough to get your name on the lips of the people. Use this opportunity to show the world what you've got and they'll forget the past.

Stanford: And no one needs that more than Ricky Runn right now. This Lottery will be his second such match and he doesn't have Austin Reynolds to have his back this time. He'll have to do it all on his own tonight and that might be easier said than done.

Calhoun nods silently as Stanford turns back towards the camera.

Stanford: The word in my ear is that the Lethal Lottery is just about to get under way. So without much hesitation, let's have a look at some predictions from Frank and I.

Mark Stanford's picks:

Bearded Gents (c) vs SaxoTeur vs Technosa - Tag Team Championships

El Califa vs Drake Callahan - Mexican Death Match

Grand Mystique vs Mikey Stormrage - Cage Match

Showtime Cougar (c) vs Steven Holmes - World Heavyweight Championship

Lethal Lottery Match winner: Sam Smith​

Frank Calhoun's picks:

Bearded Gents (c) vs SaxoTeur vs Technosa - Tag Team Championships

El Califa vs Drake Callahan - Mexican Death Match

Grand Mystique vs Mikey Stormrage - Cage Match

Showtime Cougar (c) vs Steven Holmes - World Heavyweight Championship

Lethal Lottery Match: Vega

Stanford:
And that's it for tonight, Folks. That's all from Frank and me. Now the action really begins with the fifth annual Lethal Lottery event. Enjoy it and we'll see you on the other side!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back