• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tag Teams you would have liked to have seen in WWE.

Hollywood Naitch

The current reigning and defending
Which tag-team combinations would you have liked to have seen in the WWE, but never happened?

I always wanted a tag-team run for Eddie Guerrero and Chris Jericho, as they would have worked so well together. In his book Y2J calls the team "the best tag team that almost never was", as they worked together a couple of times in WCW.

An Impact Players reunion in WWE for Lance Storm (who was very underused) and Justin Credible would have been pretty sweet. They could have been a major part of the tag-team division around the Invasion time in2001.

I also think WWE should have made more of Dean Malenko. I would loved to have seen him in a good run with the tag titles with someone, be it another member of The Radicalz, or another technically sound wrestler....

Also, I am still hoping for a Mysterio/Sin Cara team on Cara's return from injury.

Who are your picks?

I would've loved to have seen a heel Mega Powers at some point. Kinda like the Two-Man Power Trip.

Also a Warrior/Renegade line up. Imagine both of them running out.

Tag Team I would have loved to have seen in the WWE…this is going to be fun!! The teams I’m going to list are Tag Teams that I think should have had a Tag Title run or three.

Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock. You pair Austin up with Dude Love. You pair The Rock up with Mankind. Why didn’t they pair up the two biggest names in the Attitude Era??

Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle. I don’t care if it was 1999 all the way up to 2005, Jericho and Angle would have made a great Tag Team. Add Chris Benoit, and apply the FreeBird rule, and they might still be Tag Team Champions today. (if we learned anything from the Back To The Future movies, it’s that a little change in past could equate to a big change in the future)

Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair, The G.O.A.T. Hulk Hogan and Edge. Ric Flair and Rowdy Roddy Piper. Come on!! When Hogan turned Face after WM X8, Flair should have been the first one to congratulate him for seeing the “light”. Instead, Flair joins the New New World Order. Wasn’t he the owner of Raw a few weeks ago?? Who booked this??

Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior. How many of us adults would have enjoyed this in the 90s?? Hogan and Warrior in the Tag Team Division, while Savage and Slaughter are in the Main Event scene would have been “refreshing”.

Bret and Owen Hart. The original Hart Foundation and Owen / Bulldog were two of the greatest Tag Teams in history, but I think Bret and Owen would have surpassed them both.

Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit. After WrestleMania XX, these two should have captured the WWE and World Tag Team Titles at least for a month. Would have made for a great inter-brand story.

Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit with Ric Flair. Remember when the Four Horsemen were about to make their WWE debut?? Yeah, this would have been something very special in my opinion. Add Dean Malenko and Saturn…wait, why didn’t the Radicalz get a run at the Tag Team Straps anyway??

Brock Lesnar and Goldberg. My Tag Team Champions in “Raw 2” for the original XBOX. Of course, this could only happen if both resigned with the WWE after WM XX.

Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy. Sounds like a Tag Team from WCW, what was their name again, Bomb and Crush, no, Kona and Wraith, no, Adams and Clark, maybe??

Rob Van Dam and Sabu. The only purpose I see for putting these two together would be to win the WWE / World Tag Team Titles, bring them to WWECW, and dub them the ECW Tag Team Champions…with Bill Alfonso of course!!

Chris Jericho and the Miz. After Jeri-Show and Sho-Miz, Jeri-Miz should have gone after Big Show for the 1 – 2. Big Show would then have to find a partner to counter with…

Big Show and Edge. And there’s your counter.

Daniel Bryan and Alex Riley with the Miz. Both were Rookies under the Miz’s tutelage in NXT Season 1 and 2 respectfully. That’s all I got.

Ted DiBiase and Jinder Mahal, Million Dollar Corporation International. Is this where they are going with this??

R-Truth and Johnny Curtis. Tag Team Division is “Dead”?? Well, revive it with their rightful Tag Title shot, now that R-Truth seemingly turned Face.

Sin Cara and Sin Cara. It’s never too late to try it out.

John Cena and Randy Orton. Hey, it’s another “Create-A-Tag Team” thread. You already knew you were going to see this from me somewhere in this post.

Nick Hogan and Reid Flair. If Hogan and Flair can still “go”, the Nick and Reid can’t possibly be that much worse.

Okay, that’s enough for now.

The Blade Runners. Sting and the Ultimate Warrior, in the WWE at the same time?

awwww_yeah_rage_comic_lol_rofl_poster-r45a8050241384b0ba92a09bb27346941_w2u_400.jpg

Nick Mentioning Doom made me also think of The Skyscrapers!

Dan Spivey, Psycho Sid & Big Evil with Teddy as manager. Absolute domination!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back