• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tag Team Title Match

thelcon21

Pre-Show Stalwart
Is it me or is it a slap to the already weak Tag Team Division that there isn't a Tag title match at Wrestlemania this year? There are two tag belts and not even one of them are being defended on the card.

HBK and Cena already have the World tag titles so they are out of the picture. The WWE tag champions London+Kendrick will most likely be in the Tag Team Battle Royal before WM23 goes live so they are used up as well. Vince does not see the popularity that London+Kendrick has, He probably thought nobody would care if they had a match which might of been true considering the ridiculous lack of tag teams on SD(Deuce+Domino and Regal+Taylor), they already took on those two tag teams multiple times so adding one of those matches at WM will be insignificant due to the fact that they have beaten them before. Having them feud with RAW's WGTT would have been the best option to lead to a WM title match but no, they are stuck on RAW jobbing to everybody(That is why i now call them the World's worst tag team). The World tag titles were already buried for more than a year now considering the fact that they were held by huge main eventers(RKO,HBK,Cena), 5-man stables(Spirit Squad), and Giants who don't even need them to be recognized(Show+Kane), along with the fact that all the real teams on RAW have been squashed(with the exception of Cryme Tyme).

I agree I just feel this Wrestlemania minus the main events and money in the bank is pretty weak. NO IC Title defense, neither tag title is being defended, and a very weak US Title match which we all know the outcome to that. Not to mention a played out boring storyline (minus austin) with Mcmahon and Trump.

I thought Vince wanted to improve the Tag Title division thats why they put WGTT and MNN back together. I really thought they were going to have MNM vs Kendrick and London but they just fired Mercury.

I dont see why they should be defended on the card. Neither mean anything. I'd prefer to see London & Kendrick on the card instead of Khali. But there just not big enough star's and WWE doesnt give a fuck about them. They've had a long title reign purley because there's nobody to challenge them. And Cena & Michaels only hold the title's to further there feud.

see I've been rather concerned about the decline in tag team wrestling as of late...just look at teh old greats;

Demolition, THe rockers, The heart foundation, the british bulldogs, the road warriors...you get the picture

Then there was the revival with the new age outlaws, the Hardyz, Edge and Christian and the dudley boyz. But as of late I'm concerned how much it is going to waste (the tag team division). We have 2 sets of belts, both rarely defended. We're seeing tag teams being split up due to the roster split and we have HBK and Cena as tag champs?! I know it's been argued before but they need to join the belts back to one tag belt accross the brands. Frankly if WWE used teh talent in their tag teams the should be some decent matches; Cryme Tyme, The world greatest tag team (or jobbers as they now are!), Cade & Murdoch, the highlanders, the Hardyz, London & Kendrick, Taylor and Regal to name but a few. But no they have 2 singles wrestlers wint eh titles liek it's crap, I can rember them defending it TWICE and frankly it's annoying.

What I'm saying is this...sort the tag teams out, and now!

It is a tad of a disappointment that they aren't being defended at WM, but like many have said, there just isn't anyone new to take them on.

As much as I dislike the WGTT idea, and would prefer to see Shelton Benjamin having a decent run in a singles division, a feud between them and London and Kendrick would be good to see. They could play the perfect heel role in a feud with the ultimate babyfaces.

With all the talk of all ppvs now featuring talent from all 3 brands, why not a cross-promotion feud between these two, with WGTT eventually ending the run of London and Kendrik. The only problem with the idea is that the world tag titles would have to be dropped to someone one Smackdown to keep a tag title on each show, no point having two tag divisoin titles on one show, with an already pathetic tag division. . . . but who on Smackdown? ? ?

It is a tad of a disappointment that they aren't being defended at WM, but like many have said, there just isn't anyone new to take them on.

As much as I dislike the WGTT idea, and would prefer to see Shelton Benjamin having a decent run in a singles division, a feud between them and London and Kendrick would be good to see. They could play the perfect heel role in a feud with the ultimate babyfaces.

With all the talk of all ppvs now featuring talent from all 3 brands, why not a cross-promotion feud between these two, with WGTT eventually ending the run of London and Kendrik. The only problem with the idea is that the world tag titles would have to be dropped to someone one Smackdown to keep a tag title on each show, no point having two tag divisoin titles on one show, with an already pathetic tag division. . . . but who on Smackdown? ? ?

Like I said, have just 1 cross brand tag title belt. That's teh answer

To me, it's just a case of the WWE buying ammunition without owning a gun in regards to the tag division. They have all the chances to build a credible division with new teams that can go places, but instead they just can them all in favour of getting them on teams like HBK and Cena who have no god damn reason to have them on them in the first place. I would like to see exactly what it is adding to their feud when they don't even show the belts on TV anyway? The tag division is desperate for some competition and the fact is, they have the new teams ready to go in there, so why not give them the belts as some form of credibility and intrigue for the division. It's a disgrace that a team like the World's Greatest Tag Team are jobbing on Heat everyweek. Guys like Cryme Tyme and Cade & Murdoch are green, yes, but what's the point of just having them as tag teams in the WWE when they don't even have a belt to go for?

Does the WWE just sit back oblivious to the fact that the Tag Division is dead simply because they make these asinine decisions that do basically the opposite to building a division. It's utter garbage that the titles are thrown around onto any random grouping of wrestlers who are singles wrestlers in the WWE. They have a plethora of tag teams going wasted and unused, and if they just threw the belt onto those teams for once, we might have a more competitive division and a friggin tag team match at Wrestlemania. Gone are the days where tag teams wrestling was actually important, and there was a great focus on proper teams that had proper feuds and made the belts mean something.

Now, the belts are barely even shown on TV or defended, recruiting of tag teams is declining, and they WONDER why the division sucks? There is no God damn point to having Cena and HBK hold the titles, and there are just not enough insults to hurl at the WWE about this decision. Sure, the tag division in TNA may not be great, but there is a focus on it at least, and the belts do mean something, and the teams are composed of guys who are tag team wrestlers through and through, not just singles wrestlers the WWE throw together and give the belts for the sake of getting them more over.

It's pointless in one way for them doing that, because the belts mean nothing now anyway, so why don't they go back to basics and experiment with these young teams they have instead of this crap? It's pathetic how the belts are thrown around, and it's a joke that the WWE shoot themselves in the foot in regards to this division over, and over again. Where is the thinking in putting belts on two guys that are in a main event feud and won't even be showing, or defending the belts at all? And you can tell that the end to their run will not be for a while, but fact is, it should never have happened. The WWE has dug the tag division into a hole and they have the tools to get out of it and they know it as well as anyone else that they do, yet they keep digging the hole better.

We aren't going to see the tag teams we used to, but why not try making the teams they have at least credible? Name me one tag team that is seen frequently teaming up against another team each week, which furthers their tag titles feud? That kind of thing hasn't happened since the Dudley Boyz left. And it's pathetic that the best they can do at Wrestlemania is to hold a pre-show tournament that is going to mean as much as London and Kendricks tag titles mean already, which is basically squat. The WWE need to start focusing more on recruiting tag teams, but also developing them and giving them some credibility, instead of just shitcanning them before we even know who the hell they are.

It's at its worse on SD team wise, and worse on Raw idiot-wise. Sure, a battle royal or something at Wrestlemania would be decent, but I would rather see two teams going at it for months before Wrestlemania and putting on one hell of a show because they have the teams to do it. But the state of the division is revoltingly, stupidly and pathetically woeful, so we won't be seeing any actual tag team do too much anytime soon if the WWE keeps making the moves they have been doing for the last 3 years. I would love to see the Tag Title match, but if it's made the night before or not at all, it's just more moronic decisions made by a seemingly confused WWE.

yea and the intercontinental title aint being defended. they could have had nitro v benjamin , carlito or masters

Instead of having Umaga with the IC title they should of given it to Carlito or Flair and had them defend it at WM. As of right now Flair, Masters, Carlito, and Nitro have no match they could of had a four way match for the IC title.

If the tag tiles would have been unified along time ago, there could be a great title match at Wrestlemania for them. The tag team battle royal should be a surprise on Wrestlemania and have London & Kendrick Lose them to a team on Raw and then have that team defeat Cena and HBK. Thsi would be the best way to unify them. WWE has a lot of teams that they don't use.

1. The Hardyz
2. WGTT
3. The Highlanders
4. Cade & Murdoch
5. Cryme Tyme
6. London & Kendrick
7. Regal & Taylor
8. Deuce & Domino
9. F.B.I. (Vito & Little Guido if they are put back together)
10. La Resistance (Conway, Sylvan, & Dupree when Dupree comes back from suspension and Conway is added to the mix)
11. New Breed
12. ECW Originals

yeah it really is stupid how they but the world tag team titles and the IC title on HBK/CENA and umaga just to let someone hold it...cena and hbk could of lost the titles to MNM then they could of defended the titles at WM...then masters or carlito or flair could have won the ic title from jeff and defended it in a triple threat of fatal four way if they throw in super crazy....to me the whole trump mcmahon match is a waste of a could spot for wrestlemania

FINALLY! The tag straps are back on what could be considered an actual tag team. I know Jeff and Matt have been wrestling as singles but let's face it they are at their best as a tag team. I'm not a particularly big fan of the Hardy's but tonight I was jumping for joy. Let's hope that they keep the titles within the actual tag division and begin to restore some credibility and excitement. Hardy's vs. WGTT could provide some pretty good entertainment in my opinion.

I think London and Kendrick were supposed to win that match. Once they got eliminated, Cade and Murdoch held Jeff over the ropes, as if to throw him over, long enough for the referee to tell Jeff how the match was supposed to end.

Interesting as because when Cena and Hbk were took out of the match, i looked at who was left and thought maybe that kendrick and London were going to win and make just one set of title belts.

i do think this would work with the newly planned idea of having no 1 brand only ppvs and with superstars on other brands weekly, having 1 set of tag titles for all the brands would work and hopefully had some meaning back to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back