Tag Team/Stable of the Year

Who is the Tag Team/Stable of the Year in 2011?

• Air Boom

• Fourtune

• Beer Money

• Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team

• New Nexus

• Awesome Truth

• John Cena/The Rock

• Immortal

Results are only viewable after voting.
Close but never actually in, I believe the closest he got was the number 1 contenders match against Roode, now he's involved with the re-recruiting of Abyss which will (likely as not) end up in a match between the two. His work with Immortal has been absolutely fantastic though.

Did you see him no-sell Jeff Hardy's offence last week?

Yeah. He's a main eventer.

Occasionally, you make me think I should be watching TNA. Very occasionally.

Try-It-You-Might-lIke-It-610x528.jpg

WWE has nothing. Air Boom is their best bet and they've been okay at best. Two young guys who are over and have nothing to do? Throw them in a tag team. Awesome Truth was solid for awhile too before they turned into the professional Rock/Cena bitches. Beer Money really has to be the only real winners on this list (though I was tempted to vote for WGTT simply on prior history).

Beer Money have been successful in singles and tag competition. True their tag title reign was a bit of a so what affair, it still was better than anything else we saw from TNA or WWE. To top that off, they're currently involved (sort of) in one of the more interesting feuds in the TNA main event this side of the Main Event Mafia. I sincerely hope that culminates in a match between them at Lockdown or some other major TNA event.

A difficult choice to make here but not in a good way. Almost every one of the candidates is mediocre at best, suggesting that it has been a very poor year for tag teams and stables in general.

The best team on the list is/was Beer Money but the real highlight of their year was breaking up; although I am not sure that that really counts against them.

Fourtune could have been soooo good but the arrival of the bloated and ultimately crap Immortal completely put the skids under it.

Air Boom, Awesome Truth and Cena/Rock are all thrown together teams that really have little place on this poll - that they are again shows how bad the year has been. Cena/Rock only had one match and yet that puts them in a position to win Tag Team of the Year... Air Boom should not win due to their horrendous name alone. Of those thrown together teams, Awesome Truth was the best but the complete fizzling out of what had great potential as part of a conspiracy arc hurt them badly, not to mention R-Truth's suspension.

The addition of Punk to the New Nexus looked like it could have breathed new life into the husk but it turned out that it was unsaveable and was fed to Orton in the run up to Wrestlemania.

I have not seen any of the WGTT's matches in ROH but while I am sure that they are good athletic contests, they are still Haas and Benjamin which almost guarantees that outside the ring they are not that entertaining.

So having eliminated everyone from the list, it leads me back to Beer Money who almost win this by default by being the only long term tag team from either of the major companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back