Tag Team/Stable of the Year

Who is the Tag Team/Stable of the Year in 2011?

• Air Boom

• Fourtune

• Beer Money

• Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team

• New Nexus

• Awesome Truth

• John Cena/The Rock

• Immortal

Results are only viewable after voting.
None of these groups have been impressive.

Air Boom was doing ok until someone took a 30 day vacation for fake drugs. In fact, they were in my favorite tag team match of the year with Ziggler/Swagger, but I can't give them my pick.

Fourtune was an inconsistent force in TNA as you never knew if the group was going to be featured one month or not. There were a lot of times I didn't even know where some of the group members were, nor did I really care.

Immortal... just no. Moving on.

Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team... maybe in 2003.

New Nexus... see Immortal.

Awesome Truth was funny, but they weren't that great of a combination in the ring. It didn't help either one of them in the long run either.

And The Rock and John Cena shouldn't be mentioned as they did one match and didn't have much of an impact on their company either as a tag team/stable.

That leaves the only reliable tag team of 2011. And even though both moved on to singles careers in September, they were the only team keeping tag team wrestling going for a lot of 2011. So, I gotta go with Beer.... Money.

Had to vote for Air Boom the most consist and over tag team WWE has. Two stars they weren't willing to push on there own, formed a tag team, had great chemistry and really put some focus back into WWE's tag title scene. My personal favorite tag team of the year.

I didn't think of Cena and The Rock. Two of the best wrestlers of all time? Teaming up? Yeah but they didn't have matching attires, so they're not a real team. And I'm all about real teams. Yeah? Yeah.

I kid. Like Kharma, they weren't around for long. But when they were together, what they did was better than what any other team had done throughout the year.

So yeah, Cena and Rocky. Followed by the ever-entertaining Awesome Truth. I have to say, had Beer Money done something in any way interesting this year, I may have considered them.

I think Rock and Cena made the biggest impact (really going out on a limb there), but I'd feel guilty giving it to them. I'll go with Awesome Truth, seeing Air Boom is absolutely awful.

Air Boom was a nice surprise for me. Kofi and Evan have been an outstanding team, who can always deliver good matches. They're consistency can't be denied, and Awesome Truth was a very entertaining heel team, but I just can't go against Beer Money. Roode and Storm are the prime example of tag team excellence, and Beer Money has been one of the greatest tag teams over the years.

Beer Money and it shouldn't be close.

Actually, it SHOULD be close. What significant thing did Beer Money do this year besides break up? And they should win a best Tag Team award? That makes no sense and is completely blind markdom. I say give them credit in the singles categories but not here.

I refuse to vote in this category. Every single tandem in this category sucked this year. I won't vote for someone because they're the best of the worst.

This has to go to Beer Money; from their record breaking tag team reign in 2011, to their prominent role in the turn of Fortune against Immortal, to them both making the final of the BFG series and subsequent respect storyline that (ultimately) led to Roode's turn on Storm. Both guys have been built up to headline acts and both have had excellent beginnings to suggest that this is the correct decision.

Compare this with Air Boom and ask yourself, what becomes of these two guys once their time is up? Back to the midcard for Kofi and back to enhancement for Evan would be the most likely answer.

Awesome Truth? Entertaining whilst they lasted, but Truth's misdemeanour and subsequent squash removed any real 'team' aspect and reverted them to being more on a power with Miz (boss) and Riley (underling).

Cena & the Rock? :lmao: Thrown together to combat Awesome Truth (despite there really being no reason for Rock's involvement) and spent virtually no time together - them winning would make about even less sense than combining Cena with Ryder for the award.

Umm Beer Money held the tag team titles from January to August which is about an 8 month title which is the longest of any reigns in the belts history and consistently had very good matches throughout the reign

Ok, so vote them for best title reign of the year. Who else was in their tag division? Ink, Inc? Mexican America? Pope and Devon? There was no one else to hold those titles! Case in point, with Beer Money's breakup, who's got the titles right now??

I rest my case.

Ok, so vote them for best title reign of the year. Who else was in their tag division? Ink, Inc? Mexican America? Pope and Devon? There was no one else to hold those titles! Case in point, with Beer Money's breakup, who's got the titles right now??

I rest my case.

The Guns where still there and to your second point Beer Money had good matches with INK.Inc Mexican America and Hardy & Harris and now that Beer Money is broken up the Tag Division is Pretty Bad which shows just how good Beer Money was this year with all of those things said Beer Money is easily the Best Tag Team of the Year.

The Guns where still there and to your second point Beer Money had good matches with INK.Inc Mexican America and Hardy & Harris and now that Beer Money is broken up the Tag Division is Pretty Bad which shows just how good Beer Money was this year with all of those things said Beer Money is easily the Best Tag Team of the Year.

Are you thinking 2010?

The MCMG lost their titles on 1/13 during an episode of Impact. Then Shelley suffered a collarbone injury and was out for three months. Shelley made his return in April but Sabin hurt his knee on the same night, which put the MCMG back on the shelf again until present day.

Ink Inc and Mexican America are two complete failures in the tag team division. Putting Beer Money on a pedestal because they're the best of the worst really does nothing for them.

Even though both tag divisions were lacking this year, I'll still take anything from TNA over what the WWE gave us. Beer Money it is. I can't make a good case for anything else.

Beer Money won the Tag team titles from The Guns on Janurary 9 2011. Yes Ink.Inc and Mexican America are failures in the division but not when they faced Beer Money, Beer Money made an avergae Tag Team in Ink.Inc look good and Awful team in Mexican America look decent.

Beer Money won the Tag team titles from The Guns on Janurary 9 2011. Yes Ink.Inc and Mexican America are failures in the division but not when they faced Beer Money, Beer Money made an avergae Tag Team in Ink.Inc look good and Awful team in Mexican America look decent.

I totally understand and respect this argument. And if I were to choose a stable/tag team that DESERVED this accolade, Beer Money might be in my ballpark.

But fact of the matter is that they've really done NOTHING impressive as a tandem. When it came to tag teams or stables, in general, I'd put Air Boom leagues above Beer Money. But, I don't think Air Boom did anything truly impressive, either, so no one deserves my vote.

Why would you put Air Boom leagues above Beer Money? and I fail to see how an 8 month title reign and making Ink.Inc and Mexican America look good is not impressive.

What more would Beer Money needed to do to earn your vote?

Why would you put Air Boom leagues above Beer Money? and I fail to see how an 8 month title reign and making Ink.Inc and Mexican America look good is not impressive.

What more would Beer Money needed to do to earn your vote?

Nothing, really. As far as I'm concerned, there was more emphasis put towards their breakup than as a tag team. Why should a stable get the vote when most of the attention was put towards them for no longer being a tag team? That's like voting for the Rockers because the Barber Shop incident was cool.

Awesome truth provided us with so many great moments. Pigeons. Spiders. CONspiracies. It's makes it hard not to given to them, but...

Nothing. I'm going to give it to them.

New Nexus was proper shit, weren't it? I know Punk was in it, but that's like a cat turd with chocolate chips in it. You'd much, much rather just have the chocolate chips by their lonesome. You don't have to eat a cat turd that way. I'm glad to have made my peace with David Otunga though.

I miss the Motor City Machine Guns. Wait, no. I miss Alex Shelley.

Can't believe I'm the only person to vote for Immortal. The revolving door that was the top heel spot certainly kept TNA's main event scene fresh.

Can't believe I'm the only person to vote for Immortal. The revolving door that was the top heel spot certainly kept TNA's main event scene fresh.

Had they really had the courage of their convictions to push Bully Ray into the Main Event picture, they just might have had more votes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back