• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tag team corners

Turnz05

Dark Match Winner
Hey guys,

Have you ever noticed that Face tag teams are almost always in the left corner and heel tag teams are almost always on the right corner. It struck me as weird when I was watching Smackdown and there was a reversal of this as The Wyatt's appeared in the left corner. I guess this is so to be in the corner nearest to Bray Wyatt as he sits in his chair at ringside, as to be protect him.

Any thoughts on this small point or why heels and faces still stick to these traditional tag team corners?

It's because of the hard camera. The hard camera, the one used during most of the broadcast, faces the ring, and companies that understand marketing know that face time for what sells is important. As for the Wyatt's, it's two fold: logically, shocking, I know, they should be close to Bray; 2) I'm not sure that they'll stay as heels.

Yeah, for the most part faces have always been to the left, but every now and then they do like to mix it up. As you said, the Wyatt family want to be on the corner closer to Bray. When it comes to jobbers though, they are nearly always on the right. Like what the other guy said it's just who WWE wants you to focus on more, but I wouldn't mind it if they mixed it up a bit more.

did'nt notice to you mention it!
but tna will even some times go to the side's that wwe don't use!
i guess wwe wanted wyatt family close to bray like u said.
and also when they won they slid outside the ring and was'nt ambushed by bray. if they would,ve been on the usual side when they slide out at their winning side they would,ve been where bray was at, and it would've led to a ambush or something but wwe wanted you to focus the rhodes beat wyatt family not to win and be ambushed afterwards.

As stated, it is to get the FACES heads on tv, marketing and all. Back in the 80s, they would use either corner, but the superstars, heel or face, would be on the left side or right side facing camera and the jobber tag team were bottom of the screen, looking at their backs. Little things like this only appear noticeable when it changes, I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back