Suplexes

The Mark of Zur-En-Arrh

Tell me what's on ur so called mind
I sorely miss the variety of suplexes we used to see in WWE.

Where are our Butterfly suplexes? Double Underhook Belly to Belly suplexes? Dragon Suplexes? Northern Light suplexes? Tiger suplexes? Hell i don't even remember the last time i saw a German suplex on WWE TV.

I really wish someone fresh wud come on with Tazz's old 'Human Suplex Machine' gimmick and put on a suplex clinic once in a while.

Shelton does the odd T-bone and Regal has his Half Nelson suplex and occassionally puls out a beautiful Exploder suplex, but otherwise it's Snap suplex and Belly to Back and nothing else. The only other suplex was Cena's attempt at the Fisherman and even that's been dropped from his 4 move repetoire (I'm sure Beth Phoenix's finisher is a Fisherman's Buster, but it's been a while since even she did that!).

Anyone else notice this, and secondly what's your fave suplex?

You're right, they should use it more. It's a simple move to pull off, well, wouldn't take too much training, and looks good if done well. I guess they're just too busy to assign new moves to wrestlers, or none of the wrestlers have come up with the idea.

If anything, give Cena some of the suplexes. Obviously, he needs more moves.

Also, it depends on the type of superstar, and how they pull it off. Suplexes can look technical (Like Shelton does them), or they can look powerful (Like Lesnar/Lashley/Goldberg used to do them).

Hell i don't even remember the last time i saw a German suplex on WWE TV.

That's because Benoit used to do it. Even though they use the crossface, I guess they want to limit the amount of moves he used to do, used now.

William Regal really only uses the half nelson suplex on someone if they can do a flip and land on their stomach.

William Regal really only uses the half nelson suplex on someone if they can do a flip and land on their stomach.

Yeah, i hadn't noticed that it's only guys lighter than him that he does it on. But, he did pull off a great belly to back with a bridge on Orton when i was at Raw in London. It looked sick as hell, coz Orton landed right on his neck and was lierally folded up like an accordian (that's also probably why he hasn't done that move since)

Hhmmm the injury factor is the most likely reason i guess. If that is the case, i can understand in regards to some suplexes e.g. tiger suplex, dragon suplex, german suplex because they all result in landing on the neck. But i don't see why others like T-Bone suplexes and Belly to Belly suplexes have gone because most of them result in landing on your back (if executed properly). Super heavyweights tend to use belly-to-bellys (and guys like Angle and Lesnar), but i guess the only superheavyweights around atm r Henry and Khali who can't wrestle to save their lives.

My fave suplex has to be Tazz's capture suplex, the one where he puts the opponents leg over his shoulder. Beautiful, but super hard to pull off if you're not the shortest guy on the roster i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back