Superstitions

Milkyway!

Hodor!
Superstitions riddle the world from day-to-day life. Walk under a ladder? 7 years bad luck. Cat crossed the road? X-years bad luck.

With Halloween approaching I thought it might be an interesting subject. Do you guys have any?

I used to think superstitions were silly; however, about 2 years ago I became much more heavily involved in sports.

Game 6 of the NBA Finals Heat vs Spurs when Ray Allen made the last second shot as the heat were losing by a large margin throughout most of the game. My girlfriend at the time was extremely pissed because I turned the TV off after making her watch all 5 of the previous games and all of game 6, so she was "emotionally invested." I told her when your team is down by that large of a margin in a game eliminating situation there's nothing you can do except turn it off. The Sports Gods will handle the rest.

It seemed silly to her until I turned the television back on with 20 seconds to go; just barely enough time to see Ray Allen hit that spectacular shot.

So the one and only superstition I have is when the team is losing, and you lose faith, turn the game off. Let the Sports Gods take care of the rest for you.

I have a lot of dice related superstitions, mainly I don't like other people rolling my dice as they take the required rolls I need out of the dice.

I have a bud who annoys the shit out of me whenever the Stormers are playing. If he doesn't wear a certain jersey, sit in a certain spot, or if we score the first points, he believes we'll lose the game. I've tried to point out this megalomania, but he just wouldn't have it.

I have a superstition. It's bad luck to not wrap it up. That'll be all...

I cut my toenails the night before I play football or I play like shit, I honestly believe that because I have long toenails I will have no ball control, and because I believe that, thats how it works.

Walking under a ladder is asking for trouble, cats crossing your path is good luck because you can get a run up before you hoof them across the road.

The Red Sox are destroying the Cardinals. If I turn the game off will the Cardinals win? Hurry up and tell me. There isn't much time.

I became convinced the New York Giants couldn't win unless I sat watching the TV on the right side of the couch, with my legs folded beneath me and my right arm holding the armrest.

Yes, this season has relieved me of this superstition, but the Giants still don't realize they owe their last Super Bowl victory to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back