Super Show-Down - HHH vs The Undertaker

Discussion in 'WWE Discussion' started by Monster Amongst Men, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

The WWE seems to be going hard in the paint around this match and I can see why. The WWE are billing this match as the last time these two will ever meet inside a WWE ring and the lucky fans in Australia will get to witness it.

What's your thoughts on this?

Personally, I'm looking forward to it. These two guys are two of my all time favourite wrestlers and have had some amazing matches in their time. WrestleMania X-Seven is the personal highlight in their history. That said, I don't think it'll be a great match. The guys guys are getting on a bit and Taker is pretty much done at this stage. I really hope that the WWE helps him out and makes this a quick match again.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

2. Psykohurricane55

Psykohurricane55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think It's a better use of taker then what they did with with him in Saudi Arabia. HHH will protect taker as much as he can and will make sure they have a great match which is becoming harder to do with all the limitations taker as now.

Anyway, if this isn't the main event of that show, their something wrong going on because this is the match they are building the event around and sadly That's the draw they are using to attract Australian fans to buy tickets, which says a lot about the current state of the current roster that nobody is even close to the level of stardom that HHH and taker are.

3. Hyorinmaru

Hyorinmaru Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
    E-Fed Mod

How many last ever matches are these 2 gonna have?

I'm sure it'll be a great match between them as usual but billing it as yet another last ever match just makes me roll my eyes and shake my head

4. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

I don't ever recall the WWE marketing a match between the two as the last match ever. It may have been hinted at but it's never been explicitly said, to my mind anyway.

5. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

As with the Saudi big wig that WWE worked with to set up the GRR, the Aussie big wig they've worked with to set up the show is probably someone who isn't at all familiar with the modern product and wanted Taker to work as he was one of his favorites when he was into wrestling.

The match itself won't be much to speak of, it's not going to be some classic or epic clash because there are serious doubts as to Taker working anything approaching a long match. However, that doesn't really matter because so many wrestling fans are into as much nostalgia as they can get and that'll be the selling point for this match. If it's not some all out squash like we saw with Taker vs. Cena at WrestleMania, then it'll be a match where they basically hit all their signature moves & spots before Taker ultimately winds up pinning Trips via the Tombstone. And yeah, odds are it'll be Taker who wins because, to my knowledge, Trips has never beaten Taker in a one on one bout; the closest he's come was during a WWE Championship Elimination Chamber match as part of the No Way Out ppv back in 2009. Taker & Trips were the last two left and Trips finally scored a win via the Pedigree. It was memorable in that Edge was the WWE Champion, was eliminated in that match, then Edge beat up Kofi Kingston to take his place in the WHC EC match and won said championship.

6. Greg4WWE

Greg4WWE Pre-Show Stalwart

Should be more of a brawl than actual match. That can protect Taker.

Fully expect Taker to win this one. HHH doesn't seem to mind losing these days.

7. Greg4WWE

Greg4WWE Pre-Show Stalwart

Seems they are building HHH as the face in this match, but no way Taker gets boo'd at this point in his career.