• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sunny Stirs up Trouble on Twitter over use of N word

J.J.

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Few days ago Sunny referred to a Latino friend of hers as her "ni**a" over Twitter. Many online sites has picked up the story - the news with Vivid overshadows her tirade From there she goes on to defend her use of the word over Twitter along with receiving backlash. Even though I think her intentions weren't malicious, something's are just best to not be said.

This is the first time I've read Sunny's Twitter account. Skype sessions, snapchat sessions? She's got quite a hustle going on.

Well, Sunny is just another person that's pointed out and made use of an unfortunate truth in the entertainment industry, one that wasn't always there: you no longer have to have talent to be famous and to make a big paycheck, you simply have to be willing to make an utter disgrace of yourself in some manner of public forum.

While Paris Hilton may not have been the originator, she's the first one that I recall who became famous not just because of her family's wealth, but also because she was more than willing to throw any sort of personal integrity out the window in order to achieve her ends. Remember years back about how the sex tape of her came out and she made this big fuss over it? I may be wrong and this may sound like a conspiracy theory, but I'm of the opinion that the tape wasn't "stolen" but that it was strategically meant to come out as Hilton's reality show was about to hit the airwaves. Factor in the various reality show stars or internet celebrities that were willing to also make idiots of themselves for their 15 minutes and you have a new entertainment medium in which no talent, skill or sense of self respect is required for you to become famous.

I don't know if Sunny's comments were meant to be malicious or not, but I do think they were intentional. Here we are in the year 2016 and we've seen a number of extremely high profile incidents the past few years that've jacked racial tensions up to heights they haven't been in many years; in spite of all that, this blonde white woman uses the racial slur of all racial slurs and she had to know that it'd cause some sort of controversy. After all, the debate on whether it's "acceptable" for white people to use the word around friends or family members who're racial minorities, and said people are okay with it, is one of the most heatedly debated topics regarding race relations.

The old adage "there's no such thing as bad publicity" is sort of the truth because no matter what, there's always some sort of angle that can be milked for some degree of material gain.

Sunny is, well... Sunny. Her words shouldn't be taken seriously, and even if she says something offensive, it should simply be laughed off, like you would laugh off a drunkard's blabbering. But no, where's the spice in that? People love controversies! As soon as someone says something that's not politically correct or has the potential to be twisted, it's party time. And the n-word is just the holy grail. How dare you?! Racism! Hatred! Apologise! Break all ties with her!!! And once that person suffers for that, it's mission accomplished. Next target.
On the other hand, Sunny is the kind of person that deliberately does controversial things. Some time back, she wore a sheer top to a wrestling event with nothing underneath. However, when she was heading back from the show, she did have another layer of clothing on. Then there's that feud with Ashley Massaro and her remarks after the Paris terror attacks... so it's possible that she estimated the kind of reaction she would get beforehand. I'm inclining towards the former, though.

Sunny said something offensive? WHAT?

On topic, this is one of those times where I'm not going to jump all over Sunny. I don't know if this says more about me or the people I hang around with or if this was a common thing everywhere, but when I was growing up, EVERYBODY used to call their buds, "mah *****". And I don't feel terrible saying that because not once did we ever have any racist intentions or feelings when we called each other that. It was just another way to say, my brother or buddy. Yes, yes it's not politically correct I know, but intentions are what matter most to me personally. Of course, I don't use that terminology anymore and perhaps Sunny should have had some more insight or maturity not to post that word (in any iterations of it) on social media, but I highly highly doubt she meant any harm by it. OP did say it was a Latino friend right?

Remember years back about how the sex tape of her came out and she made this big fuss over it? I may be wrong and this may sound like a conspiracy theory, but I'm of the opinion that the tape wasn't "stolen" but that it was strategically meant to come out as Hilton's reality show was about to hit the airwaves.

I don't think there's any conspiracy. 95% likelihood that tape was leaked by Paris herself.

Granted I don't know her personally, it's interesting to see how people we watched on TV rather 20 years ago or 10 years ago, interesting to see how their life can unravel. I never would've imagined her turning into Chyna 2.0. I'm still baffled how she's using Twitter as an avenue to make a quick $50. That's more shocking than her attempt at cheap publicity.

Why am I not surprised that she is stirring up trouble on Twitter. Anyone who has a movie due out soon call "Sunny Side Up:Through the Backdoor" isn't someone I would expect not to say something stupid.

Actually would be more shocked if she wasn't saying stupid things. The woman is a absolute train wreck.

It's not like she used it in a harmful or disrespectful way, so I'm okay with it. The way she used it was similar to how everyone uses it when they're talking about someone close to them. If she had said something offensive with the word, similar to how people are treating Carolina Panthers' QB Cam Newton, then that's where the disrespect and warrant of backlash comes into play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back