• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SummerSlam- ECW championship

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
christian+ecw+champion.jpg

At Night of Champions Christian beat Tommy Dreamer to become only the second man in WWECW to hold the ECW championship twice.

With momentum going he has a number one contender in Willian Regal, the man who has won KOTR with a victory over former ECW and two time world champion CM Punk.

Are these two men due for a collision course at Summerslam? Will someone else be entered into the fray?

hopefully these 2 go at on ECW because im hoping for a fatal 4 way at summerslam for the ecw title which will include christian, regal, dreamer, & either koslov or ezekiel

One on one would be best. it woundn't be a great match but the best one avabile. Get it done and over with. you know christian will retan the belt.

sorry nascarman,but christian vs regal wouldnt be a great match?,are you freaken crazy,i think you are christian and regal put on an awesome match on superstars awhile back and they both can deliver a stellar match

To be honest I'd have the Regal/Christian feud run from now through summerslam with Christian retaining, into breaking point (Regal could win) then threw hell in a cell into Survivor Series.. I think both their styles could gel very well.

Well this match was officially conirmed on tonights ECW. I for one am damn happy about it, they have made Regal look a legitimate threat in the past few weeks, and his international alliance with Koslov and Jackson is really adding to it.

This should be a good match, Regal is mighty underrated and I really rate him on the mic and in the ring, mix that with Christian and it'll be a good match for sure. Show the WWE universe what ECW can do!

Believe it or not, I am looking forward to this match a lot. Regal is unbelievably underrated and Christian is always good in the ring. I hope these two have a good match because they are capable of having one considering the fact that they are both good wrestlers. I didn’t like how much buildup this match wasn’t given but I am still looking forward to it nonetheless.

As far as to who I think is going to win, I think it’s going to be Christian who retains but there is always a chance (and a good one at that) Regal wins. Regal deserves a title reign (even if it’s the top title of the “C” brand) and I think if they continue this feud for a few more months then he’ll be given the title eventually. But for now, my gut feeling is telling me Christian retains but they’ll have another match down the line with the title on the line and Regal might just win it then.

Possible stand-out match of the night right here. William Regal is a solid, polished well rounded Wrestler and deserves this match. Christian is the heavy favorite on ECW, and can gain a solid crowd reaction.

With Kozlov and now apparently Jackson both seemingly siding with Regal, it looks like we have a small, yet deadly and dangerous alliance forming on our hands. While I didn't think Regal could ever stand a chance at winning the title.. I honestly and suddenly do now. I can see Regal reigning supreme over ECW, while the likes of Christian, Dreamer, Hurricane, and Yoshi all try to topple with the two unstoppable monsters - to get at the "top spot", which would be held by Regal.

I've wanted to see Regal and Burchill form back into an Alliance ever since Regal was moved to ECW. Clearly that won't be happening, but at least it looks like Regal is going to get his opportunity to shine. Once again, this match - to me - looks to be the stand-out match of the night. Its not a repeat, its unique and original, and it isn't refurbished shit just thrown onto the card.

Christian will hands down win this one, but if he for some reason does lose it'll be because of Kozlov and Ezekiel. I kinda hope Big Zeke was going to be face last night on ECW, but now ECW is looking more like SmackDown! when it comes to the whole heel/face sides. There are just a ton of heels on that brand now...kind of annoying.

Hopefully Christian will win and just keep pummeling the ECW roster

While I like the fact we didn't have to see this as a match, it still managed to piss me off. Kozlov and Jackson attacking Christian afterwards was expected, but it wdidn't need to go on as much as it did, and yes, it dragged. Obviously this feud is going on for a little longer.

Grade: F Too short to really grade, but the segment as a whole was still rather stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back