Summerslam 2015

JJV

Occasional Pre-Show
Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler for the Intercontinental championship
The first of 4 matches between the two; the next set of matches will have stipulations. After feuding with Barrett and Sheamus, Bryan can move on to feud of the summer with Ziggler.

Sheamus vs Mr MITB Dean Ambrose
Ambrose wins the MITB contract and wins a big match against Sheamus at Summerslam. This guy needs to be build up again and I guess Sheamus is one of the best options for him. Maybe Barrett can get involved in this feud as well, leading to Sheamus and Barrett forming a tag team and winning the titles somewhere down the line.

Rusev vs Randy Orton

John Cena vs Damien Sandow for the US championship
I mentioned in an earlier thread, Sandow brings up his cash-in loss to Cena after which his career went downhill and starts a feud with him, leading to him winning the title from Cena at Summerslam.

Bray Wyatt w/m Roman Reigns vs The Undertaker in a WM rematch
This is the least likely match, but I wish it took place. This time, Wyatt picks up the win. I wanted Taker to win at Mania, but I also want Wyatt to pick up a win over him. This can be an Orton-Taker kind of feud...
Roman Reigns and Wyatt start a feud following Extreme Rules and Wyatt picks up a victory over him at Payback. Both lose at MITB and have a rematch at Battleground, which Wyatt wins again, with a stipulation that Reigns works for Wyatt or something, or Wyatt just brainwashes him kinda like the Bryan-Wyatt feud, and Reigns helps Wyatt beat Taker at Hell in a Cell where the two have a hell in a cell match, and as much as I want Wyatt to win that, WWE will make Reigns win if they go with this feud.
Wyatt can then feud with Orton, leading to a traditional survivor series tag match at the Survivor Series and Wyatt takes out Orton after his team loses, and then Orton returns next year for a Wrestlemania feud, and Wyatt finally wins at Wrestlemania over Orton.

Seth Rollins vs Brock Lesnar for the WWEWHC
I don't know who should win this one... maybe Brock. If that's the case then Rollins should eventually win it back, leading to the dream triple threat match between all the Shield members at Wrestlemania next year.

Throw in a divas match as well and you have a solid card. Thoughts?

Seth and Brock is almost certainly the main-event. It should be a classic. I'm curious about the use of part-timers. If Taker is healthy they should use him. Triple H is another big asset and Summerslam should be build to be an even bigger deal after two great shows in a row.

Bray v Taker in a rematch works. Let Bray win this win and build some real momentum toward the next year. Maybe have him go for the IC title around Mania. Another match I quite like is Reigns/HHH. It would be a big match for Roman and an even bigger victory. Triple H is arguably the top heel in the company so someone needs to take him down; Roman is the guy. Reigns is already feuding with The Authority; if he can't get Rollins, HHH is the next best thing.

Cena v Kevin Owens for the US title is another match I'd like to see. Owens has been fantastic in NXT and is a believable heel. Cena is building this belt so someone can take it off him; Owens is the right choice. Cena can go back into the World Title scene and Owens has a decent run with the belt.

I reckon Ambrose wins the MITB so maybe him v Bryan with both the briefcase and IC title on the line. Ambrose wins and has his first big moment in the WWE. Bryan obviously isn't hurt and could win it back later on. Nikki v Charlotte should also happen. Let Charlotte build some momentum and have a decent, organic push. There is no doubt that she should be the one to take out Nikki.

I suppose that leaves Orton and Rusev. Reigns could face Rusev too but Rusev will probably be due a big win and Orton could be the guy to put him over.

Seth (c) v Brock
Wyatt v Taker
Reigns v HHH
Cena (c) v Owens
Bryan (c) v Ambrose (MITB)
Orton v Rusev
Nikki (c) v Charlotte

A tag-team match plus a battle royal for the pre-show with guys like Ziggler, Sheamus etc. A very good card if you ask me. A realistic version is without Taker and HHH but Reigns/Rusev and Orton/Wyatt which is also pretty good. The presence, however, of Taker and Triple H makes it feel more important. Sure, Summerslam will never be Mania but they can try and make it a stand-out show.

Brock Lesnar beating Seth Rollins for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship is almost a certainty. I want it to be short and gruesome. Lesnar wants revenge, Rollins got the cheap cash-in, and Lesnar wants the title back he never really lost (he did, but you get my point). Regardless of how short or one-sided it is, I think it would be very entertaining. I don't see Lesnar as champion at WrestleMania 32 though, so what next I don't know.

I just said on another thread that I think Cena and Bryan will also still be champions by SummerSlam. Whether or not they lose it and win it back again by August is not out of the question. I would like to see Rusev capture the Intercontinental Championship; he needs to dominate the mid-card some more before being pushed further. A match with Bryan would be physically, technical, and entertaining at the same time. As for Cena, Ziggler maybe? His popularity is major, and so a match at SummerSlam and a win could be in the books? Roman Reigns perhaps too?

As for Roman Reigns, he needs something BIG. WWE need to view this situation as if Reigns is being built from the ground up again. That's very much possible, and I hope it happens because I like Reigns, but he isn't ready for the title. He is seemingly going to get entangled in a feud with the Authority and who else but Triple H would be beneficial to work with at SummerSlam? Reigns needs some work over the next few months, and then a match of this magnitude for him at SummerSlam would be a great asset to his future development.

Somebody else who needs a big match at SummerSlam is Bray Wyatt. What on earth are they doing with Wyatt? I love the guy, but he's had seemingly no direction for months because he keeps losing or is having the same feud over and over again. I'm not a big fan of a rematch with the Undertaker to be honest, although looking at the shape Taker is in, it's very much possible. I don't know what Wyatt will get at SummerSlam, but it needs to be big, and he needs to win.

Guys like Sheamus, Bad News Barrett and Dean Ambrose (who I think will win the Money in the Bank contract) need to feature strongly too. A divas match FOR THE TITLE needs to be on the show, preferably with girls like Paige, Natalya, Tamina etc. involved. Get the real wrestling women in please. Maybe an NXT debut? Also, Neville will need something. The guy has talent and in NXT he proved it, so if by SummerSlam he hasn't a match, either something needs to change or there needs to be plans ahead.

Brock v Rollins headlines without question.... however I am not sure Ambrose is gonna be MITB holder...still think Barrett will finally get the case on the 3rd go and cashes in against the winner, basically he tries to do as Seth did and it either backfires or he can't quite get it cashed in to do it.

Wyatt vs Orton - I think this is a slow-burn feud and could involve Jake Roberts... especially if it involves his revenge for that legend killer attack many years ago... Jake in Orton's corner and turns.

Bryan v Neville for the IC title - he did great against Rollins and I can see them using him as a kind of "superstar jobber" for a bit, facing the top, top guys, running them really close but not losing much in the defeat... he then gets the big one on a UK tour.

Cena v Ambrose - I can see Dean wanting "his" title back and that being a major feud, potentially teasing a reunion with Rollins as well.

The Rock & Roman Reigns w/ Ronda Rousey vs Triple H and Batista w/ Steph...

If they're gonna do some big stuff at Mania match, then setting it up at Summerslam makes sense. Rocky normally likes to do Survivor Series but he'll be pretty hot over the summer cos of Fast 7 and he'll be promoting San Andreas around that time... Batista will be promoting Spectre by then, so it makes sense for him to play heel one more time as a "Bond Villain" and it makes sense for Ronda to be there to to make it a massive "Box Office" match to co-main event with Rollins v Brock. It would also get a lot of mainstream attention. It sets up Trips v Rock or Batista at Mania and can cement Steph v Ronda as well. Maybe even start seeding a heel turn for Rocky.

Tag Team Titles - Again to start seeding Mania, I can see a "dream team" of Taker and Sting with Taker turning with Kane to have one last "Brothers Of Destruction" run as part of the feud. By then I can see either Rusev and Barrett or Rusev and a repackaged Erick Rowan as a "monster" team.

All 3 guys could benefit from being in a match with Taker and Sting, win lose or draw.

Not a bad card overall but I don't think there is anyway we get an Undertaker appearance at SS 2015. Also I'd just leave out the Divas match all together because I really don't see any compelling Divas matches right now since AJ is gone & we don't know who will be brought up from NXT yet.

This would be my Summerslam 2015 card:
WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Orton(c) vs. Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman

No DQ: Roman Reigns vs. Triple H w/The Authority

Dean Ambrose (Mr. MitB) vs. Rusev

Ladder Match: Seth Rollins vs. Chris Jericho

United States Championship: John Cena(c) vs. Neville

6-Man Elimination Match for the Intercontinental Championship: Daniel Bryan(c) vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Bad News Barrett vs. Ryback vs. Cesaro vs. Tyson Kidd w/Natalya

Triple Threat Match: Bray Wyatt vs. Luke Harper vs. Erick Rowan

Damien Mizdow vs. Sheamus
Special Guest Referee: The Miz

[Pre-Show] Fatal Four Way Tag Team Elimination Match for the WWE Tag Team Championships: The Lucha Dragons(c) vs. The Usos vs. The New Day vs. Los Matadores w/El Torito

WWE World Heavyweight Championship- Seth Rollins (c) w/J & J Security vs Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman (Main Event)

No DQ (Co-Main Event)- Roman Reigns vs Triple H (The Juggernaut vs The COO)

Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton (The Eater of Worlds vs The Viper)

Dean Ambrose vs Rusev w/Lana (Mr. Money in the Bank vs The Russian Tank)

WWE United States Championship- John Cena (c) vs Sheamus

WWE Intercontinental Championship (Ladder Match)- Daniel Bryan (c) vs Dolph Ziggler

WWE Divas Championship- Paige (c) vs Charlotte Flair

Kick Off Show

WWE Tag Team Championship (Fatal 4 Way)- Cesaro & Kidd (c) vs The Lucha Dragons vs The Usos vs The Ascension

20 Man Over the Top Rope Battle Royal to determine the next #1 Contender for the WWE Intercontinental Championship or the WWE United States Championship

Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler for the Intercontinental championship
The first of 4 matches between the two; the next set of matches will have stipulations. After feuding with Barrett and Sheamus, Bryan can move on to feud of the summer with Ziggler.

Sheamus vs Mr MITB Dean Ambrose
Ambrose wins the MITB contract and wins a big match against Sheamus at Summerslam. This guy needs to be build up again and I guess Sheamus is one of the best options for him. Maybe Barrett can get involved in this feud as well, leading to Sheamus and Barrett forming a tag team and winning the titles somewhere down the line.

Rusev vs Randy Orton

John Cena vs Damien Sandow for the US championship
I mentioned in an earlier thread, Sandow brings up his cash-in loss to Cena after which his career went downhill and starts a feud with him, leading to him winning the title from Cena at Summerslam.

Bray Wyatt w/m Roman Reigns vs The Undertaker in a WM rematch
This is the least likely match, but I wish it took place. This time, Wyatt picks up the win. I wanted Taker to win at Mania, but I also want Wyatt to pick up a win over him. This can be an Orton-Taker kind of feud...
Roman Reigns and Wyatt start a feud following Extreme Rules and Wyatt picks up a victory over him at Payback. Both lose at MITB and have a rematch at Battleground, which Wyatt wins again, with a stipulation that Reigns works for Wyatt or something, or Wyatt just brainwashes him kinda like the Bryan-Wyatt feud, and Reigns helps Wyatt beat Taker at Hell in a Cell where the two have a hell in a cell match, and as much as I want Wyatt to win that, WWE will make Reigns win if they go with this feud.
Wyatt can then feud with Orton, leading to a traditional survivor series tag match at the Survivor Series and Wyatt takes out Orton after his team loses, and then Orton returns next year for a Wrestlemania feud, and Wyatt finally wins at Wrestlemania over Orton.

Seth Rollins vs Brock Lesnar for the WWEWHC
I don't know who should win this one... maybe Brock. If that's the case then Rollins should eventually win it back, leading to the dream triple threat match between all the Shield members at Wrestlemania next year.

Throw in a divas match as well and you have a solid card. Thoughts?

DB vs. DZ - If Ziggler wins his feud against Sheamus and Bryan retains his title through Summerslam that could work.

Sheamus vs. Ambrose - They would match up good. I just couldn't see Sheamus become enhancement talent after they repackaged him. Sheamus seems like a big bully. I could see him facing somebody like Ryback/Reigns before I could see Ambrose. Ambrose, I wonder will he turn because he's pretty much faced all the heels - Rollins, Bray, BNB and went after the IC title. Maybe he could face Rusev (if Rusev was to win the title back) Ambrose is a former US Champion.

Rusev vs. Orton - They would compliment each other well. It'd be cool if Rusev attacks Orton's Marine past to draw heat.

Cena vs. Sandow - This would have been great two years ago. Sandow is a fan favorite, to turn him heel it would be a step backwards.

Bray vs. Taker - That would be great to see a WM rematch at SS.

Brock vs. Rollins - great match. It would be perfect timing for Brock to win the title back or at NoC then disappear with the belt again and return in time for WM season.

I'm really surprised at how many people think that Taker is gonna be part of SummerSlam. He hasn't wrestled at any other show except Mania for how long now? Why would he suddenly change that?

This is my best bet at the card:

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Seth Rollins (c) vs. Brock Lesnar

I think this one is almost a lock. Lesnar will be suspended until this ppv and finally make his return here, the only question is will Heyman still be in his corner? Rollins will keep the title after feuds with Orton and probably Rollins, both ending in Rollins winning in controversial fashion.

Roman Reigns vs. Triple H

Maybe this ends up a tag match with The Rock, but I don't really know who would be Triple H's partner if they go that route. They know better (I hope) than to make it Big Show or Kane because nobody will care. I was thinking Sheamus could possibly join The Authority, but we'll see. If it's a tag match, Sheamus is my pick. If it's a singles match, The Rock still makes an appearance to be in Reigns' corner.

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt

These 2 are a perfect fit for a great feud. It might be held off til Mania, but I'll pencil it in here because I think there's a chance that Wyatt could be in the title picture by then.

Also, it wouldn't completely surprise me to see a tag match here instead between Orton & Sting vs. Wyatt & Kane. It's very possible that Orton and Sting fighting off The Authority at the end of Raw a few weeks ago was a completely random one time thing. But it's also possible that it leads to a match. There are only 3 guys I could see Sting feuding with: Taker, Wyatt, and Kane. Kane will be leaving The Authority before long it seems, and hopefully he returns to the masked demon Kane that is actually relevant. If he does, he'd be the perfect partner for Wyatt.

Intercontinental Championship: Rusev (c) vs. Ryback

Rusev will lose the feud with Cena, but I don't think he'll lose any momentum and he's my pick to take the IC Title from Bryan. Then, I think we finally see the match that they teased for the Royal Rumble between Rusev and Ryback. These 2 match up really well physically, so I think it's just a matter of time before they kick off a feud.

United States Championship: John Cena (c) vs. Sheamus

I think Sheamus or Bad News Barrett are your best bets for Cena's SS opponent if he's still US Champ by this time. Cena will retain though, because I really think they're going to give him a long run with the title to help build it back up. I think they've done a nice job with repackaging Sheamus though. I could see him getting a run with a midcard title or winning the MITB briefcase.

Divas Championship: Charlotte (c) vs. Paige

So I think Nikki will finally lose to Charlotte when she debuts (whenever that may be, not in the too distant future). Charlotte goes into SS as Divas Champ and faces Paige, maybe the 2 best female wrestlers on the roster. If they want people to take the women matches seriously, this would be a great start.

Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler

First off, it wouldn't completely shock me if these 2 tag up and go for the tag team championships at SummerSlam. I could also definitely see Bryan & Ziggler vs. Barrett & Sheamus being saved for this event. That remains to be seen, but for now, I'll make them opponents in the culmination of a great series of matches between the 2. Bryan could still be IC Champ by this point, but I somewhat doubt it.

Dean Ambrose vs. Bad News Barrett

I think these 2 have the best shot at winning the MITB briefcase for 2015. Barrett was planned to win it a couple years ago, but got injured. Ambrose wouldn't surprise me, but they typically give the contract to a heel. It's possible that the winner puts their briefcase on the line here in a ladder match.

Tag Team Championship Fatal 4-Way: Cesaro & Tyson Kidd (c) vs. The Usos vs. Prime Time Players vs. Lucha Dragons

Cesaro & Kidd have become a great team, which should surprise no one. They're great in the ring no matter if it's in singles or tag action. They could hold the titles for a long time, even past SummerSlam. However, if they are still champs going in, I think The Usos or Lucha Dragons will pull off the win. I'd actually really like to see Prime Time Players get a run with the tag belts, they've always been a solid team in my view.

When are we going to get that epic match? Triple threat match of former Shield members for the title? SummerSlam would be great for this or Mania but I don't know.

Was really hoping it happens at SummerSlam.

When are we going to get that epic match? Triple threat match of former Shield members for the title? SummerSlam would be great for this or Mania but I don't know.

Was really hoping it happens at SummerSlam.

I'm betting that's the plan for Mania. No way would they have that match any time other than Mania.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Rollins (c) vs Lesnar

This match is pretty much a lock as far as SummerSlam main events go and I can see Lesnar making his return either for SummerSlam or in the weeks leading up to SummerSlam with Vince being the one to bring Lesnar back overruling his daughter Stephanie's suspension. Lesnar is back and of course he wants his rematch for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Lesnar of course would be a tweener who could potentially become babyface here but of course to see The Beast being unleashed yet again I can see Lesnar taking out all members of The Authority one by one until it leaves only him and Rollins one on one with each other. But the question being will Heyman still be in Lesnar's corner? Or will Heyman turn on Brock here?

Triple H vs Roman Reigns (No Holds Barred Match)

The match that should have happened last year at SummerSlam because it was originally planned for SummerSlam last year but they went with Orton/Reigns instead but how I would set it up? Reigns somehow gets involved with The Authority in terms of feuding with them and whenever they try to derail Reigns he always manages to overcome The Authority until Reigns decides to challenge Triple H's authority. Ends with Triple H being speared by Roman to set up this match. The Rock of course would make an appearance here at SummerSlam crossing paths with Triple H once again but mostly to make the save for his cousin Roman when he is being beat down by Triple H and his cronies which would end in Reigns taking advantage and spearing Triple H to win the match.

WWE United States Championship

John Cena (c) vs Sheamus

You could draw this match off of their history which Sheamus and Cena have a history since it was Sheamus who beat John Cena at TLC 2009 to become the first ever Irish born WWE Champion when he shocked the world. Fast forward 6 years later both of these men are mega stars in their own right but at the same time it would be nice to see a reignited feud between these 2 and especially with the WWE United States Championship hanging in the balance it makes sense for this match to happen.

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Daniel Bryan (c) vs Rusev

How I would book this? Rusev of course would lose his feud with Cena and lose any shot at getting his WWE United States Championship back so Rusev would instead set his sights on the WWE Intercontinental Championship. Rusev attacks Daniel Bryan during one of his title defenses post-match and locks Bryan in the Accolade and considering Bryan's bad neck having neck issues in the past this feud and especially with the IC Title hanging in the balance it would not only elevate Rusev more but it would also restore even more prestige back into the WWE Intercontinental Championship.

Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt

The Viper going up against a superstar who is just as ruthless just as malicious as he is but the only difference being that Bray Wyatt is much more creepier much more eerie but I would have Wyatt target Orton because he thinks Orton is not what he used to be. Wyatt would think of Orton as gone soft and that it is the love and the adoration of these people that has softened what Orton used to be and that is someone who was cold, emotionless, ruthless and he wants to bring The Viper back out of Orton just so he can cut its head off permanently. Orton then can lay Wyatt out with an RKO in the build-up with Wyatt hitting Sister Abigail on Orton but also seeing these 2 play mind games with each other too, that is why I would love if this match happens at SummerSlam.

Money in the Bank Briefcase On The Line

Dean Ambrose (2015 Money in the Bank Ladder Match briefcase holder/winner) vs Bad News Barrett

Ambrose would be Mr. Money in the Bank putting his briefcase on the line against BNB who of course thinks that he should be the MITB Ladder Match winner because back at Money in the Bank he was as close as anyone and he thinks Ambrose stole the briefcase from him a briefcase that should have been his. So of course he challenges Ambrose for the briefcase and the right to be Mr. Money in the Bank.

WWE Divas Championship

Paige (c) vs Charlotte Flair

Charlotte The Nature Boy Naitch's daughter would make the jump from NXT to the main roster and of course Charlotte on her first night on the main roster would actually become WWE Divas Champion by winning the title in a Battle Royal last eliminating Paige after she eliminates both Bellas with Charlotte from behind eliminating Paige stealing the victory. Charlotte then would proclaim how winning is in her blood being the daughter of perhaps the greatest wrestler of all time that being Ric Flair and that because of that she is pretty much destined for greatness but also that despite her family lineage that she is simply superior not just to every diva in that locker room but she is more gifted than any one of them in that ring and even more beautiful than all of them put together. This of course would bring out Paige who would take exception to Charlotte. Match made. 2 of the best divas in-ring and on the mic these 2 could perhaps have one of the best diva matches in recent memory.

Pre-Show

WWE Tag Team Championships

Cesaro & Kidd (c) vs Lucha Dragons vs The Usos vs The Prime Time Players vs New Day (Tag Team Turmoil)

With all of these great tag teams going at it, this would no doubt be a hot opener at least for SummerSlam by simply put just throwing them all together in Tag Team Turmoil, any one of these teams can win this match and become WWE Tag Team Champions

This Summerslam could be a decent card if its done right but I don't know tbh if it will be done right and as its apart of the big 4 pay per views they need topush the boat out and stack the card, I've seen some decent predictions here, mine would be:

Pre-Show
Number One Contenders Battle Royal Match.
Future Us or Ic Title Match. Have this on the Pre-Show with the winner receiving a shot at any midcard title they want and I would have Mizdow win the match.

Main Card
1) Cesaro & Kidd (C) Vs Lucha Dragons Vs The Ascensions Vs Prime Time Players
World Tag Team Titles Four Corner Elimination Match. You have to have the tag champs on the main card and I would like for them to retain the belts here after putting on a great show.

2) Mr Money in The Bank Bad News Barrett Vs Dean Ambrose
Singles Mach. I would have these two develop a feud after MITB with Barrett finaly winning the briefcase and costing Ambrose a shot at the title.

3) Adrien Neville (C) Vs Dolph Ziggler
Intercontinetal Title Match. I would have Neville win the title after Bryan is stripped of it due to not being able to defend it and have a classic Neville - Ziggler match at SS.

4) Goldust Vs Stardust
Singles Match. Sorry but this match should happen at Summerslam with Stardust winning ad having Goldy retire and being embraced by the fans.

5) Nikki Bella (C) Vs Charlotte
Diva's Titles Match. I would have Charlotte debut in an 8 divas tournament by beating several divas to get to the final and beat someone like Paige or Natalya or Naomi before beating Nikki at Summerslam for the title.

6) John Cena (C) Vs Sheamus Vs Ryback Vs Rusev
United States Fatal 4 Way Title Match.This would be an interesting bout by having Sheamus win the title and then defending it against Cena at the following ppv.

7) Bray Wyatt Vs Randy Orton
No Dq Match. This would be another interesting bout with Wyatt going over the victor.

8) Triple HHH Vs Sting
Wrestlemania Rematch. I would add this to the card with Sting going over and having a third match at Hell in a Cell or something like that.

9) Seth Rollins (C) Vs Roman Reigns Vs Brock Lesnar
Wwe World Heavyweight Title Triple Threat Match. For me this needs to be the main event but it will most probably be Lesnar Rollins which I'm fine with and I would have Rollins retain the title here.

That's my card I wouldn't want to see any live crappy music performances just non-stop wrestling and hopefully a sting triple hhh match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back