Success, Bust or In-Between: Consequences Creed

Succes, Bust or In-Between: Consequences Creed

• Success

• Bust

• In-Between

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
This is a new poll series I'm hoping to run here in the TNA section where (recently) departed former talents of the company will be critiqued regarding their work with the company. You can vote them either a success, a bust or in-between if you don't feel they deserve either extreme.

In addition to your vote, I'd like to know why you feel the way you do. Why was this particular charater a succes, a bust or in-between?

Next in the series is Consequences Creed.

----------

Creed.jpg

Consequences Creed
Years with TNA: 3 (2007–2010)
Number of titles runs: TNA World Tag Team Championship (1x)

--------------------
Notable Feuds:
--------------------
• AJ Styles/Tomko (2007)
• Petey Williams (2008)
• Sheik Abdul Bashir (2008)
• Main Event Mafia (2008)
• Beer Money, Inc. (2009)
• Suicide (2009)

--------------------
Other Accomplishments:
--------------------
• Debuted in TNA at Bound For Glory (2007) teaming with Ron Killings as Adam "Pacman" Jones' replacement.
• Was an original member of The Frontline (Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Petey Williams, Eric Young, ODB and The Motor City Machineguns)
• Puked on national television in a botched spot with Amazing Red on iMPACT! (October 1st, 2009)

--------------------
Previous Polls:
--------------------

• Christian Cage – 87.72% Success, 12.28% In-Between, 0% Bust
• Booker T – 46.43% Bust, 33.93% In-Between, 19.64% Success
• Petey Williams – 52.50% In-Between, 35.00% Success, 12.50% Bust
• Gail Kim – 61.54% Success, 19.23% In-Between, 19.23% Bust
• Senshi – 66.67% Success, 28.57% In-Between, 4.76% Bust
• Monty Brown – 54.05% Bust, 27.03% In-Between, 18.92% Success
• Awesome Kong – 82.61% Success, 13.04% Bust, 4.35% In-Between
• Christopher Daniels – 68.97% Success, 20.69% In-Between, 10.34% Bust

Total bust for me. Not even remotely interesting, charismatic or intriguing, and aside from the botched-spot-turned-nationally-televised-puke-spot from iMPACT!, I can't remember a single match of his that I actually gave a fuck about.

I do remember booing the fuck out of him at the Hard Justice 2008 PPV, however, when he faced Petey Williams for the X Division title.

I nick-named him Consequences Cena when he first debuted, because like Cena, he received a pretty big push despite the crowd booing him at every turn.

I say he's in between. He had lots of talent, TNA just didn't use him right. He has a lot more talent in his left pinky toe than that 3rd rate jobber Shannon Moore.

Bust, he was boring and nothing going for him promo wise or in ring. A bit like Shannon Moore, just dead weight that needs cutting. Dunno how he stayed in TNA so long.

Bust. Had he stayed in the tag ranks he might have did better. Alone, he has absolutely nothing going for him. He wasn't a bad talent, I just think he had a crap gimmick.

Bust. Creed has been incredibly irrelevant his entire career, even when he won the tag titles. Heck I didn't even know he got released until I read this forum.

Creed was a good talent, that was still learning. I think it was a mistake to release him. They should have given him more air time, and taught him to work the mic more, and I really think he could've been another POPE on the rise.

Complete bust. His only accomplishment in TNA is a highly forgettable tag title run with Jay Lethal. I thought he was boring, had zero charisma and I just couldn't make myself care about anything he was involved in. Another problem Creed had is one that a number of TNA wrestlers have had and it's infrequent use. TNA would keep him off television for 5, 6 or 7 weeks at a time, bring him back and put him in a few matches, expect people to give a shit about him and then remove him from television for another month or so.

Consequences Creed's time in TNA was a total bust in my opinion.

I said in between because in early 2008 it looked like he was going somewhere. He had a nice showing at Lockdown 2008 and had a slightly different look with plain black trunks. He had the same music but wasn't as perky as he later became.

I liked Creed, but I'm going to have to say he was a bust. I thought Creed would take off, but it never happened. His very short tag team title reign with Lethal was nothing worth remembering. Also, Lethal Consequences was a complete waste of time. This tag team never really looked or felt like a true tag team. They just seemed like two random guys who were paired together because TNA creative didn't have anything else for them to do.

Creed always brought tons of energy, but everything else he did was just bland. The last memorable thing Creed did was puke during a match on Impact, and that's just not a good thing no matter how you look at it.

I would have to say he was a bust. He has some really good skills, a flashy move set, basically all the tools that are needed to be a success in the X-division. However, he never really lived up to his hype. His matches seemed incredibly generic and not nearly as inventive as his X-division counterparts. His most entertaining time was with Jay Lethal and that was more because of Lethal then anything else. I enjoyed Creed but he just did not succeed in the X-division. It's a shame because he is really intelligent and seemed like a good person but did not deliver what it took to be a star in the X-division.

Bust most definitely. What exactly did he do in TNA? He had the tag titles with Jay Lethal for a short time. But he never had any good rivalries. Was never on the microphone, had some stupid angle with him, Lethal and the Guns trying to unmask Suicide. Not a great track record in my opinion.

Bust.

Consequences Creed accomplished nothing as a member of TNA's roster. Not only will he not be missed, many won't even remember that he was in TNA, and that makes it an automatic bust.

At no point in time did Creed NEED to be on Impact.

When Creed first teamed with Jay Lethal, during their entrance, Creed looked into the camera and said "Look mom, I got Pyro!" I felt like TNA should have used that and gave Creed a gimmick of a young guy who was finally living his dream of becoming a wrestler and was happy to be on the roster. He could be happy to have his first match, happy to finally have pyro, happy to win tag-titles, happy to have his first backstage interview.

Maybe then, If Creed was giving a gimmick and a chance to establish himself, then could he have been anything above bust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back