• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Success, Bust or In-Between: Christian Cage

Success, Bust or In-Between: Christian Cage?

• Success

• Bust

• In-Between

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
This is a new poll series I'm hoping to run here in the TNA section where (recently) departed former talents of the company will be critiqued regarding their work with the company. You can vote them either a success, a bust or in-between if you don't feel they deserve either extreme.

In addition to your vote, I'd like to know why you feel the way you do. Why was this particular charater a succes, a bust or in-between?

Next in the series is Christian Cage.

----------

christian.jpg

Christian Cage
Years with TNA: 3+ (2005–2009)
Number of titles runs: NWA World Heavyweight Championship (2x)

--------------------
Notable Feuds:
--------------------
• Team Canada (2005)
• Monty Brown (2005)
• Jeff Jarrett (2006)
• Abyss w/ James Mitchell (2006)
• Sting (2006)
• Rhino (2006)
• Kurt Angle (2007)
• Samoa Joe (2007)
• Kaz (2007)
• Angle Alliance (2008)
• Booker T (2008)
• Main Event Mafia (2009)

--------------------
Other Accomplishments:
--------------------
• Debuted in TNA at Genesis 2005.
• Was the last man to wear the NWA World Heavyweight Championship before it transitioned into the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.
• Was the founder of The Christian Coalition (Christian Cage, Tyson Tomko, Scott Steiner).
• Was the first contender for the TNA Legends Championship in 2008.

--------------------
Previous Polls:
--------------------

• Booker T – 46.43% Bust, 33.93% In-Between, 19.64% Success

No "WWE Reject" as their so astutely coined by WWE marks all over this forum had a bigger impact in TNA than Christian Cage, with a possible exception of Kurt Angle, IMO.

He was a huge success to me because I still remember his debut to this day, and I still remember so many of his feuds vividly. The guy carried the company at at time when they really needed someone to step up and take that rope.

Christian Cage was a success because he won two world titles in TNA. He has yet to do the same in WWE after working there for many years. He was the top guy in TNA for a while and had some great feuds when he was there, that is a success in my book.

Christian stepped into the main event for TNA, and helped to carry the company for quite a while. He was one of my favorites in WWE before he left, and then he became my favorite during his run in TNA. His matches were great, he put a ton of people over, and he performed in just about every gimmick match TNA could throw at him.

He got to show off his wrestling abilities, and he worked great promos, so I don't see how this can be viewed as anything but a rousing success.

Christian was easily a success. He was a top star in TNA and got to show the world he was a perennial main eventer. Christian was awesome in TNA and a great pickup for them. He was always near the top of the card and was a contender for the World title on a handful of occasions. So this one is pretty easy and the only answer is a success.

Huge success and is regarded as one of the most dedicated and respected superstars in the locker room. Christian is a great worker and can carry anybody in a match. He's been involved in two matches of the year and has won countless ladder matches. How many times has he held the WWE tag titles? TNA was lucky to have him and Vince is lucky to have him back. He has what it takes to be a WWE champion, but Vince seems reluctant to push him to main event status (where he was in TNA and where he will one day be in WWE). He has done everything except for become WWE or World Hvwt Champion! As you can tell, I am not much of a TNA fan, but a superstar in my opinion is based on what he does on the big stage. Sorry, thats not and never will be TNA.

Christian had a tremendous run in TNA.
IF Christian hadn't of joined in 2005, he would never had won a world title, he would of been a main event talent jobbing to the top dogs, Cena, HHH, HBK, Undertaker etc etc.

Christian in a way did something revolutionary, he was the first big wwe star to jump ships, not for personal money gain, but because of the opportunity he was given, less road travel, some big names probably wouldn't end up in wwe (sting, aj styles, Joe and Kaz to name a few) he won NWA WORLD belt, which in fairness is the longest running wrestling world title there is, he proved he was worthy of main eventing.

Then he went back after accomplished winning a world title, some amazing matches with Rhyno, Sting, JJ, Joe, AJ etc etc he even helped AJ blossom IMO.

Out of everyone who has wrestled in WWE/WWF & WCW and ended up in TNA Christian proved to have had the better run IMO, Sting is a close second.

Before I begin I would like to point out to the poster that That Christian's coilition consisted of Cage, Tomko, and AJ Styles, not stiener.

I think Christian was a huge success, he was able to come from WWE's undercard to being one of the best in TNA. I like to judge guys on if you will remember them a few years from now, and I think Christian will be remembered for a long time. He was a 2 time world champion and had many great feuds, my favorite being against Jeff Jarret and Monty Brown, but any one good enough to win 2 world titles cannot be labbled as a bust

Christian Cage was a definite sucess, he carried the company by himself for a while, and really gave me a reason to tune into TNA every week. His feuds, promos, and wrestling matches were all superb.

Christian was easily a success in TNA. He proved there that he can carry a show and can be a main even star, and honestly he was the main reason I started watching TNA until Sting went to TNA, which was 2 months after Christian, anyways, Christian helped carry the company and proved he could be a World Champion. What he did in TNA seems like what Vince is letting him do an ECW right now which is carry a show. Anyways, yes, Christian was easily a success in TNA.

I thought Christian was used great in TNA! I loved that he was allowed to be himself...which, when someone has the personality like his, has proven to be a succesful formula in the past. He wasnt forced to play a character or pretend to be someone else and it worked for him. He played a huge role in ratings when he was there. Great fueds, charisma for days, good worker, and he was always one of my personal favorites. I had huge respect for him from his TLC matches in WWE. So yes he was a success for sure...it's just a damn shame that Vince isnt giving him the same shake. He should be on every ppv, a top guy, a WWE/World Heavyweight contender and he should definitely either have a fued with Edge or reunite with him. Or maybe he leave for TNA when his contract is up...at least they seem to appreciate wrestling talent and give the real talented guys their shot and dont push guys down your throat just cuz of they way they look or because of how they are built!

Yea I have to go with success on this one. If Christian never went to TNA I wouldn't have watched it at all. He had a good run that both he and TNA benefitted from.

Now he's back and carrying the ECW brand (something else I wouldn't watch if not for Christian). I think the ECW thing is a mixed bag for Christian. It's great because he is clearly the man there...still...its WWECW. I can't see him on that show past this years draft, but only Vince knows. I'm hoping that the boss feels that he has paid his dues, and finally recognizes that he has a bonified main event player on his hands. An E&C reunion is a total money maker and its just gotta happen before we head into a world title feud between them.

So to wrap up, his TNA run was a total success and if its played right there is more success coming Christian's way.

Here's hoping.

Definitely a success. Cage became a main eventer in TNA and held the NWA World Heavyweight Championship on two occassions for a total of about eight months. I was a fan of the guy before he left the WWE to head to TNA and I think he's one of the few "WWE Rejects" to head to TNA and actually become better than he was when he was in the WWE.

He was in some really good matches, helped put over a lot of people, did some really good promos and I just don't see how it could be considered a bust.

My vote is in-between. He was a success in TNA, but has less of an impact here in WWE. Being a fan of the old ECW, this new one is just sad. He's like being the smartest kid on the short bus. Look at the past "World ECW" champs: Mark Henry, Jack Swagger, Matt Hardy, Kane, Big Show...these guys are mid-card status at best.

If he wants to make an impact, he needs to leave ECW and make a mark in Smackdown or Raw. Until he does, he'll be battling mid-card stars and going nowhere in his career. Sorry, but "feuding" with Steven Regal, or Shelton Benjamin, come on...

Im not sure on this one, at first I think success because he started off strong with his NWA reigns and his five star matches with Jarret, Abyss, Joe, Rhino etc, but near the end of his run in TNA he kinda fizzled out and didn't seem to have much of an impact (pardon the pun) as he once did

i would have too say success, i hated Christain Cage and just thought he was a whiney anoying little prick then he went to TNA and grew some balls and i have to admit when i started watching TNA loyally Christain Cage was NWA champ and I became a mark for him,he carried the company in 2006 until Angle arrived his in-ring work was awsome and i think some of the best promos of the past 5 years came from not captain carisma but from The Instant Classic. p.s IMO when he left last year it ruined The TNA Originals vs The MEM storyline cause to me it just seems like the the front line never had a real leader and before he went wwecw he was supposed lead the originals or it seems like thats where the booking was going

The success he had in TNA is why he is carrying ECW as we speak. When he left WWE, he was starting to get a taste of the main event, but was still little more than a midcarder. He went to TNA and became an immediate main eventer. He wrestled as a face and a heel and played both to perfection. His matches were great, his promos were great, and he got time as the top guy in the company. Anyone who doesn't vote that this was a success is crazy.

I thought he was a success in TNA, easily one of the most entertaining things about the company while he was there. Loved his fued with Jarrett, where he decided he had to "look like a champion". He won some world titles, had some good fueds, good matches.

Yeah he did well, didnt take the place by storm or anything but made a good career for himself, so for TNA Christian Cage was a success.

When he was in TNA, he was a major success. He was plastered all over the main event while in the company. He held the NWA title, and he had very entertaining feuds. He is carrying ECW right now due to this. TNA helped him realize his true potential, after ECW, I can see him shifting over to Smackdown and being a champion over there too.

He was definately a success in TNA. In the WWE it looked like he was going to be nothing more than a mid carder but when he jumped ship to TNA he immediately got thrusted into the main event scene where he had loads of good matches and some great fueds. He was always or near the world title scene, main evented loads of pay per views became a two time champion. All that in the space of three years that is pretty impressive.

Christian owned TNA during his years there. He constantly was putting on amazing matches. His promos were nothing short of brilliant, and he never missed a step in the ring. He was the biggest thing to happen to TNA, believe it or not. I honestly don't think they'd be where they are without Christian Cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back