• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Submit RP's

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
If you feel like changing the RP in your profile for a better example of your work, copy and paste it here. Make sure it's in spoiler tags too. Write the show and opponent it was for for the sake of context as well. Little by little, I'll edit them over your sample RP's on your profiles. This is just optional and I'm not gonna be replacing them all the time.

I'm going to go with just one to make it simpler. I'll use my RP from the "Apocalypse 2013 King For A Day Qualification Match". It was one of my favorites of my earlier RP's and also the one I legitimately used as a sample RP to introduce Theron to a couple of people outside this forum that now read all my RP's:

Sample RP (from Apocalypse 2013 King For A Day Qualifier Match):

Theron's Merry Band of Misfits

sipw.png
ru7l.png
3rgn.png
4w31.png
n3gq.png
vpe8.png

4wf1.png

Theron can be seen sitting down with a look of deep thought. A week had passed since Theron defeated Graven Darksbane. The following morning the Merry Band of Misfits stormed the water shrine to battle Marrmell, the unholy masked Barbarian who was suspected to have stolen Theron's lucky rubies. They were able to take back the Water Shield of Mystra but never found Marrmell himself. The battle was still on Theron's mind 7 days later.

Kirilah: Theron! Are you listening? Theron!!!!

Scene zooms out, upon Kirilah yelling Theron's name. The whole party is seated at a booth in the breakfast room of the Wyvern's Inn at Waterward. A platinum haired male elf server brings the Merry Band of Misfits servings of gryphon eggs and boar bacon.

Davivel: Ah, the food's here. Dig in, everyone!

Kayrentia: I can't eat this. It came from a poor gryphon and boar who should have been allowed to live.

Kirilah: Theron, make her eat it.

Theron picks at his food some with his fork, with his head facing the plate, but he clearly has his mind in deep thought and is not paying attention.

Keifasar: He's elsewhere. Are you hungry, Neep?

Neep the floating skull gets hyper, flies circles around the table, and floats above Keifasar waiting to be fed.

Neep: Neep!

Keifasar gives an egg and a slice of bacon to the skull. Neep chews on his food while tilting himself sideways, still floating above Keifasar. Everyone but Theron laughs. They begin eating, including Kayrentia who changes her mind about not wanting her meal. Theron is still only picking at his boar bacon, Sheshmish steals Theron's gryphon eggs without him noticing and eats them.

Davivel: Aren't you hungry, buddy?

Theron: No, I'm not. Why can't we find this elusive enemy? Or my rubies for that matter?

Sheshmish: He runs the local thieves guild, Captain. They be difficult to locate. Elf! Bring me some rum, yarr!

The elf server hears Sheshmish's request and can be seen going into the drink cellar.

Theron: I refuse to give up. He took something of mine. We are NOT leaving until I get them back, is that understood? We remain in Waterward until I get my revenge on Marshmellow!

Kayrentia: Marshmellow? The guy who took the rubies? I thought his name was Mango.

Keifasar: Don't you mean Marmalade?

Davivel: Nope, it's Marzipan.

Sheshmish: His name be Muffin.

Kirilah: It's MARRMELL!!!! How hard is that to pronounce!? Mystra, spare me from their idiocy!

Kirilah slams her fist down onto her plate in frustration, it is at the same exact moment that the elf server returns with Sheshmish's rum.

Elf Server: Our finest rum, for you sir. Is everyone's food alright?

Sheshmish takes the bottle and begins drinking. No one answers the elf's question, he nods his head and leaves.

Sheshmish: It's been a week, captain. When will ye set a course for the next artifact?

Theron: I already told you. We're not leaving without my rubies. We never found Marshmellow, he has to be in this town somewhere.

Kirilah rolls her eyes.

Kirilah: His name is Marrmell.

Theron: Yeah, Marshmellow.

Kirilah opens her mouth to try to correct her fearless leader, but she stops herself knowing she won't win this argument.

Theron: You know what I need, guys?

Davivel: What?

Theron: A match. I defeated that rookie Graven Darksbane, but the rush of winning a gladiatorial match right now would make me feel a lot better.

Suddenly, obnoxious bardic music can be heard from the town square. It resembles the music that plays during the introductory scenes in "King of Dragons". The music continues to play and repeat itself for a while.

[YOUTUBE]9p2LHu9IAwo[/YOUTUBE]​

Kirilah: What in Mystra's name is that noise?

Keifasar: I like it! it's awesome!

Kayrentia: You would.

Theron: It sounds like it's coming from the town square. Let's go take a look. Did everyone finish their food?

Sheshmish: Everyone but you, captain. Are you going to finish your boar bacon?

Theron notices that four slices of boar bacon remain on his plate. He scarfs each of them down, having gotten his appetite back, then leaves 9 gold coins by the empty plates to pay for the meal. Neep is trying to lick the plates clean.

Keifasar: Neep! That's enough!

Neep immediately floats over to Keifasar with a look of shame on his face for having gotten in trouble.

Theron: Shall we?

Scene fades out to black and then fades back in at the town square. Dozens of dwarves, elves, orcs, fairies, humans, and a few drow are within a crowd gathered at the square listening to the bards who keep playing the obnoxious music. The Merry Band of Misfits arrive and thanks to Sheshmish who intimidates some of the crowd, they are able to find places toward the middle of the crowd. The bards keep playing and none other than Sealamin Glimmergaunt comes up to give a speech.

Theron: Hey, that's Sealamin Glimmergaunt! The retired former World Gladiatorial Combat Federation World Champion! It appears he has recovered from our battle.... I wonder if this has to do with the federation's upcoming event.

Sealamin: You can stop the music now.

The bards stop mid-note.

Sealamin: Citizens of Waterward.... I am sure you all know a spectacular event is soon to come from your local World Gladiatorial Combat Federation Arena. This event will see the crowning of a new contender for the current World Champion! Four combatants are all officially announced, a fifth has been decided upon but will soon be announced.... There will also be a sixth entrant in this match! The winner of a special contest at our next event moves on to be the sixth entrant in the contendership match to crown a new challenger for the World Champion!

The crowd begins speaking amongst themselves. Sealamin is silent for a minute to allow the crowd a moment to speculate before he speaks again.

Sealamin: I have a challenge for any current member of the World Gladiatorial Combat Federation roster. There is a contendership contest open to ANY gladiator from any region that works in an arena from our federation. I urge you to enter, it might very well win you a world title shot. This is not just any title shot though. You can cash this title shot in ANY TIME YOU WISH! The World Champion is a tough one though, let me tell you. Nothing like my younger self, of course, but he is tough so only someone equally tough could stand a chance. If you want to participate, go to the arena and sign up tonight. That is all.

Sealamin leaves and the bards begin playing the song again. It repeats itself for a while and the crowd begins to dissipate.

Theron: Alright guys, new plan. I want in on this match. It's perfect stress relief for me at this time. What I want the rest of you to do in the meantime is continue looking for Marshmellow's hideout. It HAS to be in town somewhere. I'll get my lucky rubies back even if it KILLS me!

Kirilah: We cannot all look for Marrmell. Someone also needs to protect the two artifacts of Mystra we took. The Shield of Water from last week and the Helmet of Wind you guys had before I rejoined. I would like to watch over the two relics.

Theron: That is fine. Davivel, you help her. Keifasar, do you still have the sapphire we found at the altar as well as the emerald from the last cultist altar? I need you to get those appraised. That leaves Sheshmish and Kayrentia to search for Marshmellow. I'll be at the arena. Does everyone understand their tasks?

The Merry Band of Misfits all nod in unison.

Theron: Alright, I'm off to the arena.

Theron leaves for the arena. Davivel and Kirilah return to the party's room at the inn to research and guard the artifacts. Sheshmish and Kayrentia leave for the tavern to gather clues. Keifasar leaves for the merchant bazaar. Scene shifts to Theron as he walks to the arena. His thoughts can be heard out loud. The bardic music is no longer heard.

Theron: (thinking to himself) The true irony would be if Marshmellow also signed up for this match. I'd personally see to it that he does not live to tell the tale. Although first I'd make him tell me where my lucky rubies are. That rookie Graven Darksbane from last week will probably enter the match too. Speaking of last week....

Scene shifts to a battle between Theron's Merry Band of Misfits and 5 cultists from the New Church of Shar's Water temple. Theron's thoughts can still be heard out loud.

1488022_987164358106_1924702009_n.jpg

Theron: (thinking to himself) Something bothers me about that encounter. Why was Marshmellow himself not there?

Davivel is seen casting a protective barrier around the party.

Theron: I went into that battle fully expecting to regain what was stolen from me. I won't leave this region without my rubies. I just WON'T!

Kayrentia is seen casting Call Lightning on the Cultists, causing lightning bolts to strike them.

Theron: The battle at the Wind Shrine was infinitely tougher. Granted the legendary Sealamin Glimmergaunt was there. I doubt Marshmellow would be as tough of a foe.

Kirilah is seen using Smite Evil, leaving the cultists gasping for life..

Theron: Something seemed.... off.... about the encounter. I have had very few battles end as quickly as that one did. It was far too easy. We defeated the cultists, grabbed the shield, and that was it.

Theron is seen using a Whirlwind attack on the weakened cultists which kills each of them.

Theron: We searched every single corner of that temple. No rubies and no sign of Marshmellow himself.

Keifasar is seen finding a sapphire from the altar similar to the emerald he found at the wind shrine's altar. Scene fades back to the present, Theron is walking up to the arena.

Theron: This match is exactly what I need. When I win, the World Champion better count his days as champion as they will be numbered. I would make it my intention to challenge him at the biggest gladiatorial combat event of the year. That's when I'd steal the show AND his belt.

Theron walks inside the arena and his thoughts are heard as the gate shuts.

Theron: If Marshmellow IS going to be participating in this match.... I'll make him regret it. I'll save him for the final target and then unleash my most ferocious abilities. Retrieving my lucky rubies AND becoming the number one contender for the World Gladiatorial Combat Federation's World Champion? I like the sound of that.

Fade to black.

Be cool to have my RP from this round on Slaughter's page, feel like it's the best one I've written so far and gives the most thorough analysis of the gimmick.

THE FIRST BOOK OF SLAUGHTER

1 Slaughter 1:1-2

The Creation

In the beginning He created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And a spirit of evil moved upon the face of the waters.

And He said, let there be light. And the light did not come. And He saw the darkness, that it was good. He had divided the light from the darkness.

1 Slaughter 9:1-7

The Plague of Locusts

And the fifth angel sounded and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to Him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power.

And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree, but only those men which have not the seal of Slaughter upon their foreheads.

And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented, and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion when he striketh a man.

And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

And the locusts had a King over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon, that is, Destroyer.

The torch weighed heavy in His calloused palm as He staggered forward through the barren dusty lot preceding His long since abandoned place of employment. The Freight Car America fabrication shop had been closed for several years, He wasn’t sure exactly how long, He wasn’t sure He cared. A thin, foggy steam settled atop the ground surrounding the factory, originating from the warmth of the heat-trace wrapped underground fuel tanks.

As Slaughter draws near, a man hobbles haphazardly out of the guard shack positioned just outside of the dilapidated steel fence. The man appears old beyond his years, his neck and back hunched forward, making it difficult for him to peer through his eyeglasses beneath the brim of his faded flannel cap at the approaching figure.

Slaughter stands before the man, His face emotionless as the man adjusts his spectacles.

Slaughter: He has returned.

Man: Ah, think you might be lost there, chum.

Slaughter: It is you who has lost, old man.

Slaughter scans the scene as the old man ponders his previous statement, studying the towering figure before him, trying to place an oddly familiar face.

Man: Heyward?

Slaughter nods in agreement, though He does not shift His eyes from the factory.

Man: Dorian Heyward, I’ll be good goddamned.

Slaughter: Bruce Sheahan, I see you are still wallowing in the glories of your past life.

The old man adjusts his hat, running his hand across the back of his neck, leaving traces of dried white skin behind.

Sheahan: I tried leavin’, but somebody’s gotta protect the old girl from these damn vandals. Besides, there’s word that they’re considerin’ reopenin’ the place and I ain’t quite ready to abandon my bossin’ duties just yet.

Slaughter nods and forces a half-hearted smile.

Sheahan: What’d you come back lookin’ for a job? I see you’re still carryin’ that old torch around, not that you ever really knew how to use it.

Slaughter: The day of reckoning is at hand.

Sheahan: You ramblin’ fool. The only thing I reckon is you tellin’ me what the hell you’re doin’ here? People’s Court starts in 4 minutes; I ain’t missed an episode in 17 years.

Slaughter shifts His eyes back toward His former boss, looking down upon him. His finger grazes the fuel wheel on the tip of the torch. He has become entranced, gazing deeply, not at, but rather through the man whom tortured His mind and spirit. He mutters deeply beneath His breath, struggling to maintain His composure.

Slaughter: I was hoping to have a look inside, for old time’s sake.

Sheahan: Well Jesus, son, all you had to do was ask, c’mon I’ll give ya the quick and dirty tour, ain’t much changed.

Slaughter staggers behind the man as they pass through several gates, unlocking a series of rusted Master Locks until they approach the factory’s main entrance. The man unlatches a deadbolt and struggles to slide the thick steel door to one side. They enter inside as the door slams firmly shut behind them.

Sheahan
: Now ya see, down there’s where you used work. Or pretend to work, eh Dorry?

As He approaches the steel railing to peer down over His former space of captivity, He looks up. A single beam of light, penetrating through a small crack in the building’s roof, the same light which was His sole source of hope during those early days.

His mind races backward, in a blaze of sparks and illuminations, the shrill howling of the coal fired furnace, the strong rumblings of pistons firing engines, and above all, the voice of His persecutor.

Sheahan: Goddamnit, Heyward, if you was any slower I’d think you was working in reverse.

Forward, His mind races, through the years, flashes within the darkness, illuminating memories of a life once lived, if lived was even the word for it.

Sheahan: You don’t need lights, damnit, you’re holding a torch for Christ’s sake.

He holds out His hands, palms together, as if to catch the LED headlamp His boss tossed to Him some six years prior.

Sheahan: Put that thing on your helmet and get back to work, the electrician ain’t comin’ til next week, maybe you’ll be more productive without a light, you sure as shit ain’t productive with one.

The sadness returned. The sense of abandonment, of persecution. The feeling of utter worthlessness. Unworthy of mercy, deemed ill-fitted for meaningless manual labor. Deprived of vision, of necessary light within an atmosphere of darkness. Safety and personal well being cast aside for the greater good of industrial progress. One man, using other men, to feed The Man.

It was at that moment that He embraced the darkness. What choice did He have? In the absence of light, He was devoid of shortcomings.

His mind stayed in that moment. His thick hands squeezing into the hardened plastic lens of the pathetic excuse for appeasement that his boss so generously afforded Him, just as they squeezed the torch of retribution now.

His hate, His anger, becoming increasingly present within the deepest confines of His empty heart, His limbs pulsating as they extrude the force growing within His soul.

The beam of light vanishes, the room falls dark.

His thumb glides swiftly back and forth across the torch’s ignition wheel, just as it did then, in the darkness of His own past.

Sheahan: Let there be light, goddamnit.

The sound of the old man’s voice triggers Slaughter’s directive. He flicks the wheel swiftly, igniting the tip of his torch. He turns, and delivers a swift boot through a half-inch fuel line running past His knees. The smell of diesel fuel fills the room, the flickering torch providing the sole source of illumination within the dense blackness.

Sheahan: You son-of-a-bitch, Heyward. What the hell are you doin’?

Slaughter’s voice becomes overwhelmingly loud, stumbling the old man in his tracks, staggering him backward atop the steel-grated platform.

Slaughter: We shall not rest until the purge is complete. You will reap what you sowed.

With His arm extended beyond the security railing of the platform, He flicks the torch’s wheel once more. The flame sputters into focus, illuminating the old man’s face as he gazes on in fear. Releasing His vicelike grip, the torch falls through the air, Slaughter extends His arms to either side, welcoming the upheaval of the flames.

The diesel fuel ignites and quickly the flames rage. The old man ducks behind an empty metal tank atop the platform. The Angel of Death stands motionless, His arms extended to either side of his body, ready to accept the wrath of the raging fires.

Slaughter: The day of reckoning is at hand, when your penance is to burn. Your putrid soul shall be set aflame. Come out, Sheahan, face your maker. For the man who stands before you is no longer Dorian Heyward, nor is he Dorian Slaughter. I am Apollyon, the Destroyer. Be petrified, for I decide the moment of your death.

The old man reveals himself from behind the tank, charging toward Slaughter in a last ditch effort to once again gain supremacy over his former inferior. As the flames gain intensity, the man dives toward Slaughter.

Slaughter wraps an arm around the man’s fragile torso and retreats across the platform, away from the flames. With His free hand, He slides open the steel door and proceeds to the outside. He drops the man on the dusty ground outside of the factory, his weak body producing a faint thump as it collapses against the ground. Standing over the old man, peering down upon him, Slaughter speaks…

Slaughter: Unbeknownst to you, the presence of the wraith. As new dawn rises, you shall behold, the Lord of Flies.

Slaughter steps over the old man’s limp body, passing through the gates before him. The old man struggles to his feet and quickly scurries behind The Angel of Death, away from the factory. As the fire rages, windows burst, sirens in the distance signal the imminent presence of emergency responders. The old man struggles for air as he calls out.

Sheahan: Why didn’t you just let me die in there?

Slaughter pauses before turning around, glancing at the factory, ablaze through the shotty fencing, then regaining eye contact with the struggling man before Him.

Slaughter: In a word, retribution. I came here to take from you what is most valuable. Your life is of little to no value. You may have valued your existence when you were knowingly suppressing and suffocating the minds and spirits of your workforce, but today, what do you value? Your minimum wage paycheck? Your failing heart? Your blackened lungs? Your broken family who are ashamed to share your surname?

The man gasps for air, attempting to collect his breath to formulate a response.

Slaughter: After all these years, all that’s left for you is this factory. It is your world, so I destroyed it. It is your life, and so, it became Death.

In a word, retribution.

Retribution that shall be afforded to Kagura Ohzora, whom made the unfortunate decision to bypass the wrath of Death.

Kagura does not don the seal of Slaughter upon her head, and thus, she shall not be spared.

Kagura shall seek Death where it cannot be found. Rather, as those in the beginning did, Kagura will beg for Death, only to find torment in its assumed presence.

Torment which shall not be swift, but rather, prolonged and agonizing. Torment not solely of the body, but rather of the soul, the spirit.

Behold, the smoke rises from the bottomless pit. The sun and the air shall become darkened. The reaper approaches, the hour of reprisal is at hand.

As the old man struggles to his feet, Slaughter’s figure disappears through the thick smoke. Upon entering the guard shack, the man throws himself into his chair and grasps for the telephone. As he frantically dials 9-1-1, two explosions erupt simultaneously. Shrapnel from the underground fuel tanks are launched across the scene as the noise of the consumption by fire grows deafening. The man lowers his head and lifts a weakened arm across the back of his neck.

Sheahan: Please, help. He has come…

The Destroyer.

From beyond the smoke, He looks on, pleased with His work. As the fires engulf the building like a swarm of locusts upon a depleted prey, He bows His head.

Slaughter: He shall tremble the nations, Kingdoms to fall one by one. He will ascend to the heavens, above the stars of their gods.

Cut to black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back