• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Noons II - "Don't be Scared, Homey"

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Strikeforce_San_Jose_Poster.jpg

MAIN CARD

• Welterweight Championship: Nick Diaz vs KJ Noons
  • Women's Welterweight (135 lbs) Championship: Sarah Kaufman vs. Marloes Coenen
  • Lightweight bout: Josh Thomson vs. Gesias Cavalcante
  • Welterweight bout: Tyron Woodley vs. Andre Galvao

*There is a preliminary card, but Strikeforce doesn't give a shit about their prelims, so I won't bother listing them here, as that would take more effort to promote the prelims than Strikeforce.

The only fight really worth talking about for this card is the Welterweight Championship between Nick Diaz and KJ Noons. It's a shame that this could have been Mayhem Miller vs. Nick Diaz and Strikeforce dropped the ball on this. This rematch is at least a year too late, nobody really seems to care... not even Nick Diaz, who no-showed the conference call last week.

It's not like there isn't bad blood between Diaz and Noons too. We all know about the incident with the Diaz Brothers and the Noons family. This is a fight where you would think Nick would love to promote it with some trash talk towards Noons and his dad, yet there's been nothing.

I wonder if Diaz is trying to angle his way out of Strikeforce so he can get back to the UFC. After all, Dana has said in the past that he'd open him with open arms back to the company. Nate Diaz is becoming a force to be reckoned with at Welterweight, and his friend, Jake Shields, is making his UFC debut later on this month. Plus, we all know how talented he is and how much he's evolved. He knows that if he wants to be the best in the world, he has to go through guys like Koscheck and Fitch.

Anyway, to give some background, the first fight between these two was a fight that Noons won via a doctor stoppage. Noons throws some heavy hands, and he brutalized Nick's face the last time out. This time, Nick Diaz comes into the fight much better than he was three years ago, and is currently riding a seven fight win streak, with his last loss being to Noons.

This has MAJOR fight of the year potential. Nick has the edge, big time, in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. The issue is that he probably will want to keep it standing. From there, the question is if Nick will be able to punch in volume like he likes to, or is Noons going to be too powerful for him? Nick will sometimes take a beating to give a beating. What if Noons plants a devastating shot on him?

It's an interesting question, and Noons is without a doubt, Diaz's biggest challenge he's had in quite some time. I think Diaz has evolved as a fighter though, and I think he'll submit Noons in the rematch.

Here's Noons' thoughts on the fight...

“I’m super excited about the opportunity, and I think it’s a great thing for me. To be in the Strikeforce main event on Showtime, to be in line to be a two-time, two-division world champion, and getting to beat Nick again in the process… I couldn’t ask for a better fight.

I already got one up on Nick. I beat the crap out of the guy. He’s had a good run, and there’s a lot of build-up for this rematch. We’ve both improved, this is a different weight class now, he’s gotten better, I’ve gotten better, it’s a different situation. But at the end of the day, I’m a true mixed martial artist, I have respect for the sport, and I am a good role model… Nick’s good for entertainment, but I come from a family of fighters. I started early, and I have respect for martial arts. It teaches you discipline, how to become a good person, and I feel that I am.

On October 9, I’m fighting a guy that, if I had a kid, I wouldn’t want him looking up to. He’s a trash-talking, pot-smoking chump. It’s motivation for sure [to be fighting near Diaz's hometown]. I love being the underdog. Even when I’m not, I still try to picture myself as the underdog so I train harder and push myself. Nick says he’s bringing his guys, but so am I.

They’re going to need to beef up security. This is beyond a grudge match. I’m going to light him up like a Christmas tree. He’s going to have to kill me to [to beat me]. It’s very personal.”

Here's the first fight between Diaz and Noons:
[YOUTUBE]OjS_-KnCkIg[/YOUTUBE]

And the melee between the Diaz and Noons families:
[YOUTUBE]tlZhPJY2wo4[/YOUTUBE]

So fucking stoked for this rematch. I have been waiting for it for years and now the time has come for these two to put up or shut up. Should be a fun fight.

If Diaz stands with Noons he will get cut, beat up and defeated again, but if he can take it to the ground, keep distance and work his game then there is no doubt in my mind that Diaz will win. In fact, I see Diaz getting this fight to the ground and submitting Noons. Hopefully, it will be as fun as I imagine it will be.

Kaufman vs. Coenan. I don't know anything about either woman so I can't say much. I will put my money on the champion though. I think she is a beast if I remember correctly.

Thomson vs. Cavalcante. I am a huge Thomson fan and will support him in almost any fight. He is very exciting and hungry to get another fight with Gilbert Melendez. I don't see him stopping his run here with Cavalcante. Thomson will out wrestle and out stike Cavalcante. Thomson by decision.

I don't really care about the Woodly fight. However, it is a shame that Luke Ruckhold got hurt and his fight with Matt Lindland got scrapped. That fight looked good on paper.

Diaz will kill Noons in the rematch; there's absolutely no doubt in my mind about that. Hell, Diaz would have defeated Noons had the first fight continued. By the end of the first round, Diaz was finally starting to find his range, and he even managed to get a takedown. He was definitely starting to figure Noons out, but unfortunately... the doctor stopped the fight in-between rounds because of a cut.

Anyways, Saturday will be a completely different story. First of all, Diaz is MUCH better at 170 than he was at Lightweight, so I highly doubt there will be a slow start for him this time around. And the fact is... Diaz is MUCH better now than he was back then. Noons.. I mean, why should I believe he's any better? He lost to some no-name in a boxing match, and BARELY beat Conor Heun a couple of months ago, who's basically a no-name himself. I have just not been impressed with Noons lately.

And we've yet to see Noons on the ground. Diaz is one of the best BJJ practitioners in the entire sport... so there's absolutely no doubt he'll have the advantage if/when the fight makes its way to the ground. So much so I believe he'd tap Noons out as soon as he gets it there. All Diaz needs to do is watch out for those knees Noons likes to throw whenever his opponent goes for the takedown. Noons has UNBELIEVABLY PERFECT timing when throwing those knees once his opponent goes for a takedown. If Diaz can avoid that shit, which is what I believed cut him in the first fight, then he'll be just fine.

As far as the rest of the card... it's shit. Like Guy said, there's nothing worth talking about.

This is gonna be such a great fight it's a shame that Strikeforce couldn't put together a better main card for it.

The first fight was before my time as a full fledged MMA fan, but thankfully Youtube and other sites have the fight, so I was able to watch it once the rematch was announced. As Noons delivered some damage to Diaz, late in the round Diaz was figuring him out like JMT has said, I also think that he would've been able to win had the fight continued. Diaz's face was busted up from Noons but he was still able to go, it would've took a KO to stop Diaz. Nick has been on a terror since that fight, winning fights very convincingly, whereas Noons has been getting by, in his last fight he did some pretty cheap things to Gurgel with the tad late punch at the end of the round, and the illegal knee right when the fight was called. It's gonna take his striking to defeat Diaz. I think Diaz will be much smarter this time around, will be a little more patient and take it to the ground and submit Noons.

Your're right Jon, Kaufman is a beast, she last won with a KO slam. Has a 12-0 record I think. Her opponent we last saw get demolished by Cyborg, so now she moved back down in weight to fight Kaufman. Strikeforce needs to have a Kaufman vs. Cyborg fight, be the most interesting to see, as both dominant their divisions.

Good to see Josh Thomson fighting again, hopefully he can continue winning so we can see a rubber match against Melendez. Don't know much about his opponent except for just looking at his stats, and seeing he is decent but nothing stands out.

Woodley vs. Galvao - Yeah I got nothing, hopefully a nice knockout or a quick sub to make us happy.

Noons' dad will jump in the cage causing a brawl between Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu, Mayhem Miller will enter from the crowd steel chair in hand leveling Diaz #1 and #2. Before tagging his back in spray paint. MILLER!!!! Noons may or may not utilize the brass knuckles.

In all seriousness it's a great card but I have this strange feeling a brawl will break out, should be a great fight, hoping for a Noons win, Diaz is a douchebag. The Sarah Kaufman fight interests me too.

Noons' dad will jump in the cage causing a brawl between Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu, Mayhem Miller will enter from the crowd steel chair in hand leveling Diaz #1 and #2. Before tagging his back in spray paint. MILLER!!!! Noons may or may not utilize the brass knuckles.

In all seriousness it's a great card but I have this strange feeling a brawl will break out, should be a great fight, hoping for a Noons win, Diaz is a douchebag. The Sarah Kaufman fight interests me too.

Lulz. A great card? Hardly. Other than the main event the card is a shithole. The main event is great. The card itself is rather mediocre. I fail to see how Diaz is a douchebag. According to fans who have met him he is absolutely classy, and one of the nicest people they have ever met. Said he would talk to fans for hours if he just met them on the streets, and never said no to an autograph or picture. I also heard of a story of a guy who was at an autograph signing, and got an autograph from Diaz, than a year later Diaz approached him at a restaurant saying he remembered him, and talked to him for a while. Great guy, and an even better fighter.

That being said Diaz should shit in Noons mouth. With his IRON chin, solid striking, and BJJ that is light years ahead of Noons Diaz should win. Noons is unimpressive everywhere besides striking, and the only chance he has is to cut Diaz again causing a stop. I highly doubt he can knockout Diaz, and if Diaz gets this to the ground Noons stands no chance. So yes great fight, shitty card.

Lulz. A great card? Hardly. Other than the main event the card is a shithole. The main event is great. The card itself is rather mediocre.
Dude, it's a Strikeforce card and I've actually spent some level of time thinking about the matches, that is great for them.

I fail to see how Diaz is a douchebag.

Then may I suggest, laser eye surgery or a new pair of spectacles.

According to fans who have met him he is absolutely classy, and one of the nicest people they have ever met. Said he would talk to fans for hours if he just met them on the streets, and never said no to an autograph or picture. I also heard of a story of a guy who was at an autograph signing, and got an autograph from Diaz, than a year later Diaz approached him at a restaurant saying he remembered him, and talked to him for a while. Great guy, and an even better fighter.
Wait, Nick Diaz' fans said he was a good guy? That's like George Lucas saying Star Wars is a good film, there's never a chance that wouldn't be said. Diaz is a good fighter, Diaz is a shit person who gets in hospital fights, fights with old men and 7 on 1 brawls.

That being said Diaz should shit in Noons mouth. With his IRON chin, solid striking, and BJJ that is light years ahead of Noons Diaz should win. Noons is unimpressive everywhere besides striking, and the only chance he has is to cut Diaz again causing a stop. I highly doubt he can knockout Diaz, and if Diaz gets this to the ground Noons stands no chance. So yes great fight, shitty card.
Lol iron chin, so iron that he gets knocked down by Noons like a bitch in the firs Noons fight, Diaz got KJ down in the first fight too and KJ got right back up, Diaz will resort to butt-scooting the entire fight.

You do know that getting knocked down and getting knocked out are different, right? Any fighter can get knocked down, fuck Brock Lesnar got knocked down, but getting knocked out is completely different, and that is where the iron chin comes into play. Diaz has only been finished one other time in his career and it was by Jeremy Jackson at the very beginning of his career. Diaz definitely has one of the toughest chins in all of MMA and it will not be an easy task for Noons to KO him. Is it impossible? No. Is it unlikely? Yes, very much so. Diaz is way to well rounded and way to smart to play into Noons game again.

Dude, it's a Strikeforce card and I've actually spent some level of time thinking about the matches, that is great for them.

This card sucks. Point to me one fight that will be exciting, and worth watching outside of the main event. I don't give a fuck if it's Strikeforce. They are expecting views for the names of the main eventers alone.

Then may I suggest, laser eye surgery or a new pair of spectacles.

Just going to ignore this because you leave no evidence as to how Diaz is in any way a douche. Why because he calls people out, and defends his friends? Doesn't take shit from anybody? Sounds like a douche to me :shrug:

Wait, Nick Diaz' fans said he was a good guy? That's like George Lucas saying Star Wars is a good film, there's never a chance that wouldn't be said. Diaz is a good fighter, Diaz is a shit person who gets in hospital fights, fights with old men and 7 on 1 brawls.

Oh really? i fail to see the part where I said Nick Diaz fans. I said fans which means MMA fans in general who have seen, and met him. I mean even if I hated a fighter I would still go get his autograph is I saw him somewhere, and if he was as cool to me as Diaz is to his fans I would easily become a fan. He doesn't take shit from anybody. He also sticks up for his friends, and if you haven't seen Mayhem started that brawl like the prick he is.

Lol iron chin, so iron that he gets knocked down by Noons like a bitch in the firs Noons fight, Diaz got KJ down in the first fight too and KJ got right back up, Diaz will resort to butt-scooting the entire fight.

Like a bitch? Oh my god you clearly have no idea what the FUCK you are talking about. Oh jeez he knocked him down. Rodgers knocked Fedor down I guess Fedor is a bitch to? Cro Cop got knocked down by Berry. Is Cro Cop a bitch? In case you've never seen a Diaz fight like i'm speculating you will know he NEVER backs down from anybody, and has taken BOMBS from the hardest hitters in his divisions. Hes been finished ONCE. Respect him, and he respects you. Fuck with him or his friends then your an enemy. Pretty good mentality when you think about it.

There's a thread on Sherdog right now that asks people what fighter was a douche to them in real life, and Nick Diaz was mentioned about 5 times, but all were positive posts. All said he was a nice guy, just a little strange.

And you know why he's strange? He has a terrible case of ADD. You watch his interviews, he's constantly turning his head and rambling on and on... he can't help it. He was raised in one of the most crime ridden cities in the U.S., and grew up with that disorder in a single parent house hold, while getting bullied the majority of his life. And yet he doesn't have a criminal record, is one of the best fighters in his sport, and treats the fans well... I don't see how he's a douche in the least bit. If anything he's an inspiration. Sure, he can flip the bird and cuss, but A) that's mostly an act, and B) even if you don't believe it is, at least his uses his anger at the World for something productive like fighting Mixed Martial Arts, rather than roaming the streets.

This card sucks. Point to me one fight that will be exciting, and worth watching outside of the main event. I don't give a fuck if it's Strikeforce. They are expecting views for the names of the main eventers alone.
Sarah Kaufman fight, Strikeforce is banking on Kaufman to be a legit contender to Girl-Cyborg seeing as Carano ended up being nothing other than a pretty face who left as soon as she got offered better jobs.

Just going to ignore this because you leave no evidence as to how Diaz is in any way a douche. Why because he calls people out, and defends his friends? Doesn't take shit from anybody? Sounds like a douche to me :shrug:
Getting in a fight with an old man is cool to you? You're one of those dudes who "trains UFC" aren't you?

Oh really? i fail to see the part where I said Nick Diaz fans. I said fans which means MMA fans in general who have seen, and met him.
I like know this guy and he said this so it's true, that's your argument.

I mean even if I hated a fighter I would still go get his autograph is I saw him somewhere, and if he was as cool to me as Diaz is to his fans I would easily become a fan.
So you would suck up to someone you don't like? And now you somehow know exactly how he acts based on what someone told you?

He doesn't take shit from anybody. He also sticks up for his friends, and if you haven't seen Mayhem started that brawl like the prick he is.
You are so dying to be a tough guy also unless your argument is "Miller's chest gravitated toward Melendez" hands. Lol you're a diehard Diaz fan trying to defend everything he does as being "straight up gangsta dawg". You should listen to Hatebreed, you'd probably agree with their message.

Like a bitch? Oh my god you clearly have no idea what the FUCK you are talking about.
Knocked down and crawled along on his ass like a dog with worms. Man he was totally about to win.

Rodgers knocked Fedor down I guess Fedor is a bitch to? Cro Cop got knocked down by Berry. Is Cro Cop a bitch?
Last I checked Fedor ended up winning his fight as opposed to crawling on the ground pissing blood out of his face and losing. Fun times.

In case you've never seen a Diaz fight like i'm speculating you will know he NEVER backs down from anybody, and has taken BOMBS from the hardest hitters in his divisions.
What does crawling on his ass count as? I consider that being pretty useless, kinda similar to Aoki's strategy with Melendez you know the one that didn't work.

Hes been finished ONCE. Respect him, and he respects you.
KO by Jeremy Johnson, TKO by Noons, that equals 2 and it's not as though he was anywhere near winning the fight against Diego.

Fuck with him or his friends then your an enemy. Pretty good mentality when you think about it.
Actually it sounds like the mentality of a 5 year old who watched too many 50 Cent videos. DDDDDDDD dumbasss. It's quite obvious you're a very biased Diaz fan who thinks he's the greatest fighter ever, if Noons beats him again you'll probably spout some shit about it being unfair. Should've known "hXc legit Diaz, beating up old men and guys in the hospital, WORD TO YA MUTHA"

So you would suck up to someone you don't like? And now you somehow know exactly how he acts based on what someone told you?

I may not like him, but I damn sure respect all MMA fighters. You'd be a fool not to. Not to mention I have heard multiple people say Diaz is a good guy when approached in public. You resort to an old man brawl.

You are so dying to be a tough guy also unless your argument is "Miller's chest gravitated toward Melendez" hands. Lol you're a diehard Diaz fan trying to defend everything he does as being "straight up gangsta dawg". You should listen to Hatebreed, you'd probably agree with their message.

Lol... You are so wrong it's unbelievable. I'm dying to be a tough guy? Why because I like his mentality, and would stick up for my friends like he does? I guess i'm a wanna be tough guy. Not to mention i'm no where near a Diaz diehard. Far from it. I'm a fan, and I disagree with your blatant unwarranted hate towards him. I'm a diehard fan of Randy Couture. No other MMA fighter. Diaz isn't even in my top 10. Your a diehard Diaz hater because you think he is a douche for sticking up for friends, and himself. I guess your the type of guy to let your friend get fucked with, and not retaliate to shit talk. Did he fuck your mom or something? My lord.

Actually it sounds like the mentality of a 5 year old who watched too many 50 Cent videos. DDDDDDDD dumbasss. It's quite obvious you're a very biased Diaz fan who thinks he's the greatest fighter ever, if Noons beats him again you'll probably spout some shit about it being unfair. Should've known "hXc legit Diaz, beating up old men and guys in the hospital, WORD TO YA MUTHA"

Ouch. Your five year old insults really hurt me. Again I am nowhere near a biased Diaz fan. He isn't in the top 20 greatest fighters of all time, and if Noons beats him I won't care in the slightest. To say the last fight clearly showed the better fighter is ignorant as hell. I haven't even talked about Diaz's fighting skills. Only about your unwarranted hate towards him. He is a great fighter, and has one of the toughest chin to finish in all of MMA. You'd be a biased hater to say otherwise, but oh wait you already did. You said Diaz got knocked down therefore his chin isn't hard. And i'm the one training UFC.

Is no one else excited about JZ-Tompson? I am really, really looking forward to that. I like Tompson and all too, but I am pulling for JZ here. I recently watched some videos on his training and it looks like his knee is healing up nice. For real, if he comes into this fight at 100%, I am fairly sure he can beat Tompson. He has some great top game, good takedowns, is strong as an ox, and has the GNP of a heavyweight. I think people are really writing his off here. His striking isn't bad eaither, and Josh is no K-1 striker himself, so I think this will be a really close fight.

Buffalo Dave said:
Don't know much about his opponent except for just looking at his stats, and seeing he is decent but nothing stands out.

JZ's Record> Tompsons record all day.
Tompsons notable wins are Milendez, BANG, Hermes Franca, and Razor Rob.

JZ's notable wins are Bartimus, Omigawa, Hiroyuki Takaya, Rani Yaya, Coal Uno(Uno and Yaya on the same night) and Shoalin Ribero. To me, that beats the hell out of Tompsons record which is very padded.

JZ has only looked abnormal recently due to injuries. His only two losses in 6 years have came at the hands of Kawajiri and Aoki, no shame in losing to either of those badasses.

I see Diaz making short work of Noons. It has been 3 years since the first fight, and Diaz's striking has looked so much better in the past three years then it did before that. I know Noons is a boxer and muay thai guy, and that his striking is so highly regarded, but I won't be surprised if Diaz fucks his face up with some of those pitter patter punches. I don't think he will finish him up top on the feet, even though I won't rule it out. I see him working his top game after tiring Noons on the feet, and polishing him of with a sub. Hopefully an Armbar.

I am hoping to hell Marloes Coenen wins, I think she will grossly underestimated because she loss to Cyborg. Which is stupid, because first of all, Cyborg is not human, much less a woman. Her name says it all, she is a robot constructed to beat up females. How can you beat up a robot? You can't, they feel no pain. Secondly, Marloes fought Cyborg at 145, above her normal weight. I would compare that to a 185'er going up to fight Wandy in his prime. Which I am sure happened in Pride, because Sakuraba got killed every time he tried back in the day.

Not comparing Coenen to Saku or nothing, just saying. Marloes has a very good chance against Kaufman at her normal weight. On the ground or on the feet. She is very well rounded. Hopefully she tears off Kaufmans arm with a armbar, with how aggressive Kaufman can be, mixed with Marloes Sub skills, really doesn't seem that far out there to me.

Very much looking forward to Tyron Woodley too, He is a straight beast, and one of the best prospects out there. I saw Galvos last fight at the Houston card, and he looked pretty good, but if I was a betting man, I would bet that Woodley pwns his ass seven ways from Sunday.

I don't like JZ Calvan at all. I watched Dream.15 and the guy just completely rubbed me the wrong way. He came out thinking he was hot shit, only to get his fucking ass kicked for the first 10 minutes of the fight. Then, in the 2nd Round, for 5 minutes all he does is take his opponent down and lay on him. And yet... this asshole still won the decision. Fuck that, man. Kikuno, one of the best Japanese fighters today, got screwed in that fight, and I can't wait to see Thomson crush this fucker. Thomson has the edge on the feet, and is by far the better wrestler. He'll win via whatever he wants.

Very solid card. I really enjoyed it for the most part, however, questionable judging once again reared its ugly head. Josh Thomson said it perfectly, these judges need to go to some sort of class or something and learn how to actually score a fight.

Woodley looked good. He was very dominate and rolled through his opponent. Not much more to say except that I am interested to see where he goes from here.

Coenan vs. Kaufman was alright. Neither really stood out to me for the most part until the finish. That armbar was sick by Coenan and was one of the best I have seen. Kaufman getting pissed at Coenan for not releasing it right away was stupid. You never release a hold until the referee tells you to, so if she wants to get pissed at anyone it should be the ref. Good win for Coenan.

Thomson vs. JZ was pretty good. I love Thomson but it wasn't his most exciting fight to date. It was a close fight but I honestly thought JZ took the decision. Thomson's post fight comments were pretty spot on and I thought it was cool of him to say. I really hope a rematch with Melendez goes down next because their fights are fucking awesome.

Diaz vs. Noons was awesome. These guys went balls to the wall. There were times when I though both guys were about to go out, but they both have tremendous chins and are tough as nails. Diaz's aggression is definitely what won him the fight. Noons landed more punches and had a higher percentage of landed kicks, but his hesitation really hurt him, whereas Diaz kept coming forward and pressuring Noons. Great fight and I really hope a third fight goes down eventually.

Tyron Woodley looked like a prime Chuck Liddell tonight with his takedown defense and power on the feet. Sure, he was fighting a bum, but for his first fight on the big stage, he did really well I though. I'm definitely interested in seeing where his career goes from this point on. He could even end up being a Josh Koscheck caliber fighter without the doucheyness to his name.

Sarah Kaufman vs. Marloes Coenen... man, I had no desire watching this fight, and sure enough... it was dreadful at times. However, Marloes Coenen made a fan out of me tonight. She's a very, very well-rounded fighter. Not only is her Muay Thai crisp and powerful, but man... she's amazing on the ground. Reminds me of Fedor's Sambo stuff with the way she was able to get that armbar so beautifully. And apparently she wins a lot of fights like that. Interesting. Also, I thought she was a complete class act after the fight in the interview as well. Should be fun to see her and Miesha Tate go at it. Miesha's fun to watch as A) She's very active, and B) her ass is incredible.

Mieshatate-posing-hot-clothes_520.jpg

CarinaDamm.jpg.gif

So, yeah... definitely looking forward to that. :)

JZ vs. Thomson was a great fight until the third round. Thomson got caught early on and then was put in a Guillotine, but he survived and was able to sweep and get on top himself, even applying an arm choke with about 10 seconds left in the round. In my opinion, since Thomson survived the Guillotine by JZ, and then took control of the fight... that was enough for him to steal the round, especially since it looked like he could have finished JZ with that arm choke if time didn't expire. In the 2nd Round... Josh Thomson dominated both on the ground and on the feet, no question about it. And in the 3rd... JZ was by holding Thomson on the ground. Two judges scored the fight for Thomson 29-28, and I completely agreed with that score. However, some lady judge scored the fight 30-27. Now, either she was mesmerized by Thomson's good looks, or a lot like me... she got completely turned off by JZ doing absolutely NOTHING but hold on to Thomson the entire round like a straight up bitch. I fucking HATE shit like that, and she probably does as well, so I don't blame her for scoring the round for Thomson, even though she was wrong to do so.

Fuck JZ, and fuck every fighter like him. JZ pulled the exact same fucking shit in his last fight against Katsunori Kikuno; however, in that fight he unjustifiably ended up getting the decision. I'm very glad that didn't happen in this fight here.

And Nick Diaz vs. KJ Noons... great fight. It was one of those fights where the stats lied, because with the exception of Round 2, Nick Diaz completely controlled the entire fight. Diaz was the aggressor, and he was the one causing real damage. Most of Noons' shots were body punches that weren't even affecting Diaz in the least bit. And the fact is... while Diaz was standing there confident and in control, Noons was throwing wild punches, missing, and looking desperate. Nick Diaz without a shadow of a doubt won that fight, and I'm very, very, VERY glad the judges got it right.

As far as where they go from here... I really don't want a rubber match. As I said in the LD... I actually want to be a fan of KJ Noons, but for that to happen, he needs to stay away from Nick Diaz. And the fact is... he belongs at 155, anyway. Diaz is a natural Welterweight, while Noons is a natural 155er, which is why Diaz won tonight and why Noons was winning the last fight. Noons needs to go back down to 155 and fight guys like Thomson, Melendez, JZ, etc. And Diaz... well, I guess Paul Daley will be up next if Daley beats Scott Smith like he should. I definitely won't mind seeing Diaz beat the shit out of that British douchebag, that's for sure.

I lost $500 on this, I'ma mad mad mad mad man. Noons lost fair and square though, kudos for lack of brawl even with Batista present. Diaz should fight Miller or Daley, Miller so that Jason can break his face, Daley so that Daley can stick it to the UFC and get the SF welterweight title. As much as I wanted KJ to win it's still not a big deal, the fight I wanted to see was Diaz v. Miller. Still sucks though, I'd have loved a new $1500 just in time for spring break.

It´s been a long time since i posted on here:)

I haven´t really seen Woodley that much, i have the Challengers cards om my computer(uhhh, legally:icon_wink:) but i never get around to watch it but he impressed, the problem is that the 170 division in Strikeforce is not that deep so they cant bring him up slow to give him some time to get better and get his name out there. I guess you could let him fight Joe Riggs next, seems like a good test for him.

It was funny seeing Greg Jackson in Kaufmans corner, the first thought i had was "lay and pray or cagework" and well we saw what happend. Coenen is really good and that armbar was very nice and as JMT said she is a class act which is always good to see.

I thought JZ should have got the decision but i can understand why Thomson got it, but 30-27 i just wrong. Was it Cecil Peoples daughter who gave him all 3 rounds?. I hate stuff like that, it seems to happen on every card you watch that some judge just doesnt pay attention or something.

Diaz-Noons was a good fight, not the "epic" fight that the commentators where talking about. Compare Mizaki-Santiago to this:)
Diaz was just too big and his reach was to much this time. That compustrike shit the pull out is just stupid, does anybody really belive Noons threw 600+ strikes? Well you should not pay attention to it anyway and just score the fight the way you se it happen.

Noons should get down to 155 and Diaz HAS to fight Mayhem now, mmajunkie says that they almost got it on backstage and that the had to be seperated. They locked eyes, said som stuff and Diaz threw a water bottle(what is it with water bottles and the Diaz boys:p) at Mayhem. Now i know that Strikeforce barely promote there fights(i mean seriously, i dont know how they run commercials on Showtime but if you dont read online you barely know that there is a card about to happen) Mayhem-Diaz will draw attention to Strikeforce and its a very easy fight to promote if you do i right, just show the brawl, show some videos of them talking shit for like 2 months in advance and bam, you got viewers.

Daley so that Daley can stick it to the UFC and get the SF welterweight title.

I have to disagree. If Daley earns a Welterweight title shot. Diaz will just take him down and control the fight from there, submitting him early. Shit after last night watching him out box Noons, maybe he would just do the same to Daley. Daley has to get through Scott Smith before it's even possible though. He really wouldn't be sticking it to the UFC, since they're far superior to Strikeforce. It's not like Daley is the top WW in the world.

Onto the fights,

Woodley looked damn good destroying Galvao very quickly. SF needs to get him some better ranked opponents now, so he can contend for a title shot. It's a shame that Daley is fighting Scott Smith next because this is a slug fest in the making.

Kaufman lost the fight by not being smart. Coenen almost submitted her earlier in the fight with the armbar by doing the same thing. Fight was pretty boring with all the clinching the first two rounds, but that third round was fun. She showed a lot of class after the fight, it wasn't her fault the ref was in la la land and didn't stop the fight sooner. It will be nice to see her take on Meisha Tate's fine ass (I mean that literally) as JMT showed us how nice it is!

Cavalcante vs. Thomson was an exciting fight. I thought it was over in the first when JZ caught Josh with that punch then applied a deep guillotine choke, Thomson survived and was able to get a sub of his own very late in the round, but time ran out and he wasn't able to finish JZ with the arm choke. Second round started a little slow, as expected since both fighters lost a lot of steam from the ground work in the first round. Thomson controlled it though, even proved it when he smiled for the camera while working JZ on the ground. Third round was crap as JZ just kept Thomson on the ground, doing very little to finish him. He must of thought he was ahead on the judges score cards. Tough fight to score for the first round, the other rounds were easy as they both won one a piece, but I think the first was tough. Definitely no 30-27, thats for sure.

Diaz vs. Noons was damn good. Diaz just out boxed him the whole fight. Noons couldn't land nothing effectively besides some nice jabs, but otherwise he was throwing some haymakers that never landed. Like JMT said the most that Noons did was land body shots, that Diaz didn't flinch at, the commentators hyped the body shots as if they were doing something to Diaz more than anything. Nice to see them embrace each other at the end of the fight. I agree Noons needs to go back to Lightweight as he shows he struggles when not there with his catchweight fight at 160 with Huen and now this fight with Diaz. As much as I want Daley to lose to Smith, I guess I won't mind him winning if it means he can fight Diaz after, so Diaz can shut his mouth.

Pretty exciting couple of fights, I've seen Diaz/Noons and Cavalcante/Thomson, and both were quite good.

The Cavalcante fight puzzled me, I thought it was a forgone conclusion that J.C had won, it was plain as day. Somehow, the judges scored this fight in favor of Thomson, and that's it.

Diaz looked sharp as usual, Noons wasn't doing all that much damage, the body shots weren't fazing Diaz, and he didn't land enough head shots to damage the always tough Nick Diaz. Diaz was laying back and sticking him, using that reach advantage to score enough points to win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back