Stop Bashing On SMACKDOWN!

J

jawn87

ok, im going to make this thread about the bashings on smackdown. ok, those of you who bash on it saying things like it sucks and its ******ed and all, you are all very very wrong, and its safe to say you are all pretty much border line ******ed. Smackdown! is the greatest show WWE has. Raw, sure its good and funny but the matches suck, there are too many faces and not enough heels to make the damn show anywhere near interesting. the only things they have on smackdown is that its live and DX. THAT IS ABSOLUTELY IT! their matches suck more than barney tapes you guys. AS for smackdown!, the greatest matches ever, long, but great, they have great superstars, they have a good even amount of heels and faces and the only thing stopping them from beating the shit outta raws ratings is that smackdown is not live. and ECW, as far as it being anything, its what king said, EXTREME CRAPPY WRESTLING. what happened to the originals? i miss the hell outta them, get them back and ill tune in. i only tune in for orton, hardy and dx on raw, and if i had any interest in ecw its Trinity, Ariel and kelly kelly, and CM Punk, and RVD, SAbu and sandman. but i dont because i believe they arent even being used right. i know smackdown has the stupid eddie guerrero story, yes i miss him too but they gotta quit, its terrible. and i know whats it called...um...king booker, that is really annoying, yes, so they may need new storys, but ya know what, SMACKDOWN IS THE BRAND I LOVE! AND YOU SHOULD TOO!

ok smackdown has the talent to suceed but its poorly managed...Long as GM is a mistake...he has only ever been a face GM...if he turned heel then maybe smacksown could create more storylines...the talent they have rae good wrestlers but very few have experiance on the mic and have trouble getting over a bigger storyline...there is very little competion in the divisons especially the tag and cruiserweight...the smackdown brand needs some more depth to it to make it more entertaining...im glad Kane has joined smackdown as this is a step to improving the depth of the roster but much more work is needed...once they have depth then smackdown will be more unpredictable... also i like the point of SMACKDOWN going live as most wrestling fans like unpredictability...SMACKDOWN has the potential to suceed they just need more talent thats the main point that smackdown need.

jawn87 said:
ok, im going to make this thread about the bashings on smackdown. ok, those of you who bash on it saying things like it sucks and its ******ed and all, you are all very very wrong, and its safe to say you are all pretty much border line ******ed.

So people can't bash a show yet you can bash them? Maybe you're the one that is wrong. There's no definitive answer as to if it's good or bad, as it's opinoin based. To clarigy, I agree that it's not that bad and I am strongly against the notion or people seeming to purposely watch a show just to bash it (as opposed to watching it and then finding something that they don't like) but if you're going to get on others for one thing, don't do something similar.

This is pretty much the same thread people have been posting for months...only with Smackdown replacing Cena. Smackdown could be a much better show than Raw...but they need to get rid of some of the dead weight on that brand. They finally got rid of Khali, but the Batista main events need to stop...yes, Batista is good..but he doesn't have the drive he used to, at least from my vantage point. Simple solution, switch benoit and Batista...put big Dave in mid-card US Title feuds with Finlay, and whoever...and get Benoit in the world title picture along with Kennedy.

Finally I have some people agreeing with me that Smackdown is better than Raw. You see Raw may have DX but after they're done feuding with Orton & Edge, who are they going to feud with? Remember that Raw had to borrow Kennedy, Finlay, and Regal from Smackdown to make opponents for DX? Anyways Smackdown have way better matches and main events than Raw. Besides in the last month Batista has done good with the main event spot but the only thing that's hurting Smackdown is that it's recorded. If it was live, there would be no spoilers thus drawing more of an audience with people wondering what's next. I thought they was going to start last year when they did the special Tuesday Night live edition where Orton blew up the SD set with the Low Rider and the Undertaker in the back. I belive now people are starting to see that SD is the more superior brand and only time will tell before it's the flagship show again.

Most of us 'bash' SmackDown because of its obvious poor quality at the moment. We as WWE fans have a right to decide what is good and what is not, and if we feel something is worth stating our opinion we will. I don't necessarily agree with just complaining and complaining about WWE, as they are the ones who have kept us entertained for years. SmackDown doesn't appeal to many people today, so those 'bashers' are just fans of SmackDown who are disappointed it's gotten so terrible. Raw, I think is a better quality show because it has the wrestlers we WANT to see. Most are the veterans like HHH and Edge, and they make an otherwise pointless show a little better to watch. And let's not forget Raw is live to Americans, while SmackDown is shown on a 3 or so day delay, so people can read the spoilers. We all know that SmackDown will get better, but we feel that it isn't up-to-scratch at the moment.

OPEN YOUR EYES SMACKDOWN IS BAD.....not only is smackdown not live but they also play it on FRIDAY nights at 8 i dunno bout u guys but friday night i am out the door partying and doin all that crazy stuff im not gonna b sittin on my ass at 8 on a friday night and watched a TAPED show....change the day and the storylines rnt that good...KING BOOKER??? most annoying thing in the worrrrrld.....smackdown is not matching up to the quality it once use to

ErkBono23 said:
OPEN YOUR EYES SMACKDOWN IS BAD.....not only is smackdown not live but they also play it on FRIDAY nights at 8 i dunno bout u guys but friday night i am out the door partying and doin all that crazy stuff im not gonna b sittin on my ass at 8 on a friday night and watched a TAPED show....change the day and the storylines rnt that good...KING BOOKER??? most annoying thing in the worrrrrld.....smackdown is not matching up to the quality it once use to

I am not partying like the majority of america. That type of stuff does not entertain me. I don't watch smackdown because the storylines are bad and the talent has been misused so the product has become rather stale. When is MVP gonna get a real match? Also am I the only one who thinks Lashley is dull as dirt? I listen to him on the mic and he is so softspoken and monochrome.

the only things smackdown needs to do is move live and better ratings in orrr just move smackdown to thursday hell even wednsday cuz if u see difference smackdown kicked rawas ass in ratings when it was on thursdays

I used to watch both brands regularly, but now that they changed Smackdown from Thursdays to Fridays, now I rarely watch it. However, I liked it because the stories were better and they did not kiss HHH's butt.

The only thing I can say about Smackdown is change the stories for Undertaker and get tag teams (like a Demolition type team).:twak:

SD! imo is a great show.. I mostly watch the replay (comes on a different channel, later in the night) and I actually stick to the show, unlike Raw where I get bored after the first hour.. SD! is definatly improving tho. All they need imo is a live show, and some better Tag Teams.. Other then that there set.

Smackdown has great talent, but like someone else mentioned very few of them are good on the mic. Take Lashley for example, I think he's awesome in the ring but he's just so boring on the microphone. I think he'd make an interesting heel.

And I don't know about you guys, but I think King Booker rocks! None of the past King of the Ring winners have pulled off the 'king' gimmick as well as he has. I think he's an awesome world champion. He's one of my favorites on SD.

Smackdown used to be better than RAW but because brock left, they moved carlito, cena, angle n big show to RAW and eddies death Smackdown lost most of their stars. But right now RAW isnt that great they need to stop the DX thing because it isnt funny and cena hasnt got anyone to feud with now that orton and edge are feuding with DX. I find Smackdown more entertaining than RAW at the moment, King Bookers brilliant as champ and hillarious, i think MVP has a bright future and Kennedys great, Kane and Undertaker are also both on the same brand which is great. I would like Jericho to come back on Smackdown i think that could improve the show

Smackdown is a dud for me. There are numerous things wrong with the booking order. The talent is grossly misused. WWE spent the majority of 2004 building Chris Benoit into a top-level superstar only to have him relegated to snoozer encounters for the US title with Orlando Jordan and the like. Not to mention the overpushing of underqualified, under-talented guys like Batista and Lashley. Two guys who in the 1980s and early 90s wouldn't have made it past the tag team division (Demolition anyone?). It's not that I don't think the show has talent...because it does and it has for a long time. The problem is that Vince McMahon and Michael Hayes don't have clue one what to do with any of it. Stick a fork in it...the show is done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back