Stereotypes realised in the real world

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
1. Geordies

Female colleague: I'm from Newcastle
Male colleague: Were you in Byker Grove?
FC: Yes.

More to come.

2. Ireland

While working on a foreign holiday camp....
Girl: Hey one of your staff is Irish- we have one too, you guys probably know eachother.

2 minutes later.....

Guy: You are a relation of Diarmuid then? He lives down in Bantry now doesn't he? You must know Sarah then too- up by Portlaoise

Later on a friend of mine wowed the natives by sinking pints of Guinness in under 3 seconds. She kinda ruined one sterotype and upheld another which the French had about us by getting sick.

3. Germans

My brother is in Germany and at a camp site with a lake, but fishing is not allowed. The guard goes off duty at 8pm. My brother's friend casts off at 7.59pm, and the guard crosses the entire campsite to say "Nein, nein verboten!"

I'll probs know her, the extras were just picked from three schools in the area and one in sunderland

As a proud Anglo-American, I can say that I LOVE tea and greasy fried food. I drink several cups of tea with milk a day, and whenever we go out to eat I love to order fried everything.

I was out to dinner with some friends(mostly black) and we arrived at different times.The first two ordered strawberry lemonade,and when I got there I ordered strawberry lemonade and my buddy and his cousin(both mexican) both ordered sprite.Four other black friends show up and with out even asking,the waiter brings out four strawberry lemonades.

I was out to dinner with some friends(mostly black) and we arrived at different times.The first two ordered strawberry lemonade,and when I got there I ordered strawberry lemonade and my buddy and his cousin(both mexican) both ordered sprite.Four other black friends show up and with out even asking,the waiter brings out four strawberry lemonades.

Was he correct on their drinks?

As for mine, I was out drinking with my buddies a few weeks ago, and I was wearing a shirt my roomie bought me for Christmas, as a gag, that promotes the IRA. Before I could get my order out, there was a Harps, a shot of Jameson, and a copy of Yeats' Collected Poems sitting in front of me.

Was he correct on their drinks?

As for mine, I was out drinking with my buddies a few weeks ago, and I was wearing a shirt my roomie bought me for Christmas, as a gag, that promotes the IRA. Before I could get my order out, there was a Harps, a shot of Jameson, and a copy of Yeats' Collected Poems sitting in front of me.

The sad part is...he was right on all four counts.They started drinking without a second thought and my friend nudged me and said he discovered a new stereotype :lmao:

Wouldn't say that's a case of stereotyping. Server probably just thought "they're friends, so they probably have similar tastes". Now, if he had brought them out, crumpin', and calling you guys "nephew", that'd be stereotyping.

I'll probs know her, the extras were just picked from three schools in the area and one in sunderland

She's probably a bit older than you, and she said she was a bit too young to go. She got in because she went to the same drama school as Donna Air and Dec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back