Standard Cage match formats

Davi323

semi-retired from WZ
We have seen a variety of rules applied to standard cage matches over the years, matches were the only way to win was to climb over the top, matches where you could escape through the door or top, and matches where you could not only do all of that, but also win via pinfall or submission, inside the ring.

What's your favorite standard cage match format/rules?

I always liked the ones where you could only escape. It gave the match the added excitement that the competitors would have to think of a strategy.

I agree with Alex. I think gimmick matches are best when they fully utilize that gimmick. Cage matches where you can win only by pin or submission is a bit like watching a lumberjack match where nobody gets thrown out the ring. Escape the cage only ftw.

NorCal has said this many a time before. At least I think he has. Cage matches were made to keep people out. Then again, that was back when there were teams and managers and potential to keep the current storyline going. Now it's a random cage match to get someone over. I'm an advocate for a cage match that blows off a feud and ends in the ring.

Hell I love the Tully vs. Magnum T.A. match "I Quit" match inside the cage from Starrcade in 1985.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back