• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stan Rogers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion

Gimmick Name: Stan Rogers

Nickname: “Strongman”

Height: 6ft 3in

Weight: 260lbs

Hometown: Sheffield, England.

Billed From: St. Louis, Missouri.

Appearance:

----------------Hair Colour/Length: Very short hair, to the point of baldness. Like in the picture.

----------------Eye Colour: Green.

----------------Facial Hair: Large moustache.

----------------Ring attire: Black, high-waisted trunks. Black boots. No kneepads.

----------------Backstage Attire: Same as ring attire but with a white towel draped around his neck.

----------------Physical Features: None of any note.

----------------Tattoos: None.

Alignment (Heel or Face, not Tweener): Face.

Main Gimmick: An old-school wrestler in every sense of the word. From the way he looks, to the way he wrestles, to the way he talks – Stan Rogers is all about bringing old school wrestling into the world of 21st century sports entertainment.

2 Characteristics of Gimmick:
Unintentionally funny due to his old school sensibilities.
Hot headed.

Strengths:
Very strong.
Great mat wrestler (he’s well versed in Greco-Roman and Freestyle wrestling).
Rather durable. Can withstand a lot of punishment (Rogers prides himself on only being injured once in his lengthy career).

Weaknesses:
Prone to losing his cool, causing him to do stupid things.
Despite being very strong, his knees are a weakness and can occasionally give way. It’s all those years of not wearing kneepads.
Quite slow in the ring.

Sample Pic of Wrestler:
z6728197X.jpg
Brief History: There isn’t much known about Stan Rogers. His story is always changing. Even his wife (eighth wife, to be more precise) doesn’t know his exact age. Some say he is just a wrestler who loves old school wrestling having some fun. Others say that Stan Rogers is the result of a nasty, mind-altering bump. But all available evidence points to Stan Rogers being the real deal – a wrestling veteran with a century-spanning career. Who has good skin.

Entrance Music:
[YOUTUBE]GGU1P6lBW6Q[/YOUTUBE]

Entrance Description: Stan Rogers walks to the ring at a medium-fast pace. He doesn’t interact with the fans out of disdain for them; he is just focussed on the match.

Finishing Moves:
Abdominal Stretch
Powerbomb

15 Most Used Moves: (No finishers, 3 signature moves):
Lou Thesz Press
Nerve Hold
Airplane Spin
Heart Punch
Belly to Back Suplex
Shoulder Block
Fisherman Suplex
Backbreaker Submission
Delayed Vertical Suplex

Bodyslam
Knee Drop
Headscissors
Headbutt
Gorilla Press Drop
Hammerlock

Sample RP

Stan Rogers is surrounded by a bevy of attractive females in a locker room, coming to the end of telling a story. His gruff voice and demeanour is in direct contrast to the pretty, feminine nature of the ladies he is entertaining.

Rogers: ... and people may tell you otherwise, but that was a shoot.

The ladies giggle and look impressed.

Todd Grisham: Stan, have you got time to talk?

Rogers: That’s Mr. Rogers to you, son.

A frightened look comes across the face of the interviewer. Grisham looks like a deer trapped in the headlights of old school fury.

Rogers: Nah, I’m just messing with you, son. Ladies, I’ll see you later.

The ladies leave the locker room, giggling as they walk through the door.

Rogers: Shoot.

Grisham is part confused by the scenario he walked in on, part by the attractiveness of the now departed females and part by the previous jesting by Rogers at his expense. Trying to collect his thoughts, he begins.

Grisham: Stan, tonight you’re facing one of this promotion’s hottest young stars in the form of Ted DiBiase. How are you feeling heading into you’re match?

Rogers: Ted DiBiase? Ted DiBiase, Ted DiBiase... The name sounds familiar. Did I wrestle his father? Hmm... did I wrestle his father? YES! Yes, I did. “Iron” Mike DiBiase. Good kid. Mean right hook on him, even from an early age. As for your question, I’m feeling good. I’m feeling confident.

Grisham is both confused and in awe. To the point where he can’t even muster the words to set Rogers straight on the lineage of the DiBiase family.

Grisham: Um, great. So how are you going to go about beating DiBiase?

Rogers: Abdominal stretch, probably. I don’t know, we haven’t booked it yet.

Grisham: Erm, Stan, we are filming this.

Rogers: What?

Grisham: We’re filming this interview. Look, there’s the camera.

Rogers notices the camera being operated next to Grisham. His eyes suddenly widen. He realises what he’s done.

Rogers: Crap! Go again, GO AGAIN!

Grisham is once again startled during the interview. However, the consummate professional that he is, he goes again.

Grisham: Um, so... erm, h-how are you going to beat DiBiase?

Rogers: How am I going to beat him? HOW AM I GOING TO BEAT HIM?! I’M GONNA STRETCH THAT DADDY’S BOY OUT! I’M GONNA MAKE THAT PUNK SCREAM OUT IN PAIN AND SHOW HIM WHO’S BOSS! I’M A GONNA THROW HIM AROUND THE RING AND MAKE HIM TAP OUT! THAT’S HOW I’M GOING TO BEAT HIM!

Rogers storms out, pushing over a table as he leaves the locker room. Grisham turns to the camera.

Grisham: Well, “Strongman” Stan Rogers is clearly pumped up for his match against Ted DiBiase. Keep on watching to see-

Rogers comes back into the frame.

Rogers: So how was that, son?

Grisham: Um, we’re still on air.

Rogers looks into the camera again.

Rogers: Ah, crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads