• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SRW Southpaw Regional Wrestling

tvcolosi

Getting Noticed By Management
http://www.wwe.com/videos/southpaw-...leashed-southpaw-regional-wrestling-episode-1

Has anyone else watched this? It's 4 7-10 minute episodes of a fake southern local "Smoky Mountain Wrestling" type territory in 1987. Cena does a really good Gordon Solie type pbp announcer, with Fandango as his drunk color man. Jericho is the overly excited backstage interviewer. Gallows as Tex(not sex) Ferguson, Karl Anderson is Chad 2 Badd. Rusev as basiclly Hillbilly Jim and Lana is his gf/cousin... Heath Slater is Pelvis Wesly... The Assention as a blonder surfer tag team... And a bunch of others.

Really silly fun if you enjoy old wrestling...

What do you guys think?

Ah, I was going to make a thread about this but you beat me to it! I think Southpaw Regional Wrestling is one of the most interesting things I've seen WWE produce in the last 10 years and is a great way to have already established names reinvent themselves.

In 4 short YouTube videos they did a great job of building a match between Big Bartholomew and the Sea Creature, a match that I would legitimately pay to see. Apart from Cena and Jericho, just about everyone's SRW alias is more entertaining to me than their current WWE gimmick, so I see tremendous value in following this up with an actual SRW live event. It doesn't have to be Lethal Leap Year, but definitely give us some of the matches on that card.

As of now, it looks like it was just 4 entertaining YouTube videos, but I truly hope it will become something more.

My guess is that Cena had most of the wardrobe sitting around at his dad's old house.

Also makes me think WWE needs to come out with a wrestler who was raised by a deranged father that locked him in the basement of his home for 25 or 30 years training the boy to grow up to become someone like Chad 2 Badd.

But yeah, it is a fun little show. I could not figure out that Fandango was Cher Chesterston. I also could not tell who played the Sea Creature's manager and John Johnson.

Ah, I was going to make a thread about this but you beat me to it!
I made the thread about it few hours before OP did. But hey, its hard to look at new posts before you put something up.

I also could not tell who played the Sea Creature's manager and John Johnson.

According to reddit

In Order of Appearance:
Tex Ferguson - Luke Gallows
Chad 2 Badd - Karl Anderson
Chett Chetterfield - Fandango
Lance Catamaran - John Cena
John Johnson - TJ Perkins
Clint Bobski - Chris Jericho
Chip Henderson - John Cone
Ric Flair Paid Impersonator - Ric Flair
Impressive Pelvis Wesley - Heath Slater
Big Bartholomew - Rusev
Surf Dudes With Attitudes - The Ascension
Mr. Mackelroy - Tyler Breeze
La Barba Grande - Luke Harper
Spanish Voiceover Guy - Carlos Cabrera
Christian Joy - Lana
Sea Creature - (?) (Maybe Baron Corbin, maybe Swagger, maybe Orton - Nobody knows. Could be Vince McMahon for all I know.)

Not nearly as funny as its being made out to be, and also hurts my kayfabe loving heart.

A lot of fun though, and totally baffling as to why its not on the network in a more complete form.

It was fun. At least one of these people need to be in the Rumble next year. Also, a night with Cena doing Lance as an announcer would be very fun.

I swear, when Big Barthemelow was giving his thoughts on The Sea Creature being his opponent for Lethal Leap Year, he called it a 'Devil Fish'. So Mr. Mack Leroy summoned a satanic oceanic monster to fight a chicken loving farmer...That I would pay to see.

And if WWE ever decides to expand the concept to it's own tv show on the network, I could easily create a few new characters for it.

Like, you would have the all-American boy with the chiseled physique who loves football and his girlfriend, a sweet but naïve cheerleader. (Touchdown Tommy and Cheerleader Chrissy)

He could probably have a feud with the arrogant ladiesman who's trying to steal away his girlfriend. (Hans Ond)

And how about a voodoo backwoods cult leader who has a New Orleans like accent. A very exaggerated accent. Basically, play Papa Shango up to eleven and watch the magic happen. (Voodoo Tsubu)

As for poor Tex Ferguson? He needs a friend desperately, so let's give him one! He'll be called Hossmerica and stand for everything that is American. But wait, it turns out that he's been working with Chad 2 Badd this entire time and hates America! He'd actually be for the Soviet Union and it's leader Russia. Or as we'd call him, Hossia!

But yeah, that's probably just fanfiction and this more than likely ends up leading to not much else. If anyone's interested in casting the characters though, be my guest.

If nothing else, Lethal Leap Year will go down in history as the greatest PPV event that never happened. (Poor Lance Catamaran, This is what happens when your replaced at your news-job with a blond woman who has C cups)

I thought it was Cesaro playing Sea Creature.

I too am surprised that this was not a Network special - it might eventually be, 'broadcast' from a pool hall in front of 29 fans (only 9 of whom have paid). At the very least we could get Lethal Leap Year as a one off event.

Tex Ferguson vs Chad Too Badd
Big Bartholomew w/Christian Joy vs Sea Creature w/Mr Mackelroy
12 Man Battle Royal for SouthPaw Regional Wrestling Title featuring John Johnson, Impressive Pelvis Wesley, La Barba Grande, Surf Dudes with Attitudes, "Rick Flare", Tex Ferguson, Chad 2 Badd, Sea Creature, Mr Mackleroy, Chett Chetterfield (coming out of retirement) and (because he is the son of the station owner) Clint Bobski.

It could make for a fun little hour-long show.

Барбоса;5670329 said:
I thought it was Cesaro playing Sea Creature.

I too am surprised that this was not a Network special - it might eventually be, 'broadcast' from a pool hall in front of 29 fans (only 9 of whom have paid). At the very least we could get Lethal Leap Year as a one off event.

Tex Ferguson vs Chad Too Badd
Big Bartholomew w/Christian Joy vs Sea Creature w/Mr Mackelroy
12 Man Battle Royal for SouthPaw Regional Wrestling Title featuring John Johnson, Impressive Pelvis Wesley, La Barba Grande, Surf Dudes with Attitudes, "Rick Flare", Tex Ferguson, Chad 2 Badd, Sea Creature, Mr Mackleroy, Chett Chetterfield (coming out of retirement) and (because he is the son of the station owner) Clint Bobski.

It could make for a fun little hour-long show.

Not if New Yorkian Local Grappling has anything to say about it!

Oh it was absolutely hilarious. Both my son and I laughed our heads off. Nice to see the wrestlers get out of their comfort zone's once in awhile. Rusev made me laugh the hardest when he went "Oh Lord". So did Jericho and the Ascension. Chad 2 Bad was one of the best and should really debut in the women's division, at least he has the best hair.

Hope they do more of these kind of little films, funny as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back